Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 1.80 seconds.
Forum: Honda January 5th 09, 01:21 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

Mark A wrote:
>"80 Knight" <nospam> wrote in message
>
>>I don't know what countries you are talking about, but here in Canada, I
>>can choose...
Forum: Honda January 5th 09, 12:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
Watch what you wsih for

Mike Hunter wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Honda January 3rd 09, 06:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
Watch what you wsih for

Mike Hunter wrote:
> wrote in message
>>

>>Mike Hunter wrote:
>>>:
>>>Besides the shark lawyers, one...
Forum: Honda January 2nd 09, 08:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 89
Posted By [email protected]
More on the bailout

A Plumbers Helper Named Joe wrote:

>You can talk all day long about the quality of American cars, but some US
>American citizens are hell bent on seeing this whole country go down the
>tubes...
Forum: Honda January 2nd 09, 07:02 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 89
Posted By [email protected]
More on the bailout

Derek Gee wrote:

> wrote in message
>>

>> CharlesTheCurmudgeon wrote:
>>>
>>>"Rock Hardson"...
Forum: Honda January 2nd 09, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 89
Posted By [email protected]
More on the bailout

Jim Higgins wrote:
>On Dec 21, 4:16�am, " > wrote:
>> CharlesTheCurmudgeon wrote:
>>
>>>"Rock Hardson" > wrote in...
Forum: Honda December 24th 08, 05:36 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
Watch what you wsih for

Mike Hunter wrote:
>:
>Besides the shark lawyers, one of the primary reason healthcare costs are so
>high in the US is BECAUSE of the government! It SETS the Medicare
>reimbursement rates very...
Forum: Honda December 21st 08, 12:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 89
Posted By [email protected]
More on the bailout

Mike Hunter wrote:

>Can we assume that apparently you have not seen the numerous reports that
>show many of the domestic are BEATING some of the imports in customer
>quality surveys? Have you...
Forum: Honda December 21st 08, 12:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 89
Posted By [email protected]
More on the bailout

CharlesTheCurmudgeon wrote:

>"Rock Hardson" > wrote in...
Forum: Technology February 3rd 08, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech, alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
The Way to Paradise

Scott in Florida wrote:

>We haven't done a good nuclear test in a long time.
>
>We could 'kill' the problem with a few nice mushroom clouds.....

You sound like someone who's either never had...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 08, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Improve Gas Mileage Without Damaging Your Car

HLS wrote:

>NONE of the devices tested (and sometimes quoted as having improved
>mileage) have ever shown statistically significant improvement in fuel
>economy, over the standard engine operating...
Forum: Technology November 11th 07, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
NEW TIMING BELT...

wrote:
>i just got my timing belt,tension pully, idler pully, water pump, cam
>shaft seal, air cond belt, alternator belt replaced on my 1998 sebring
>coupe lxi.... when i turn it on...
Forum: Technology November 5th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By [email protected]
Oil and Filter Change

Built_Well wrote:
>Ray O wrote:
>
>>Tighten the drain plug until it doesn't leak - about 1/4 to 1/2 turn after
>>the bolt head contacts the oil pan.
>========
>
>So only a 1/4 or 1/2 turn after the...
Forum: Technology November 2nd 07, 03:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
What does an igniter on an '89 Toyota do?

Tegger wrote:

>It's been my observation that the Japanese do little that is new. They
>usually seem to copy what others are doing, but try to improve on it
>where they can.

Blue LEDs.
Cultured...
Forum: Technology October 31st 07, 11:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

Scott Dorsey wrote:

>There were a bunch of capacitive discharge ignition systems available
>in the aftermarket back then. A couple big TO-3 SCRs on the side of
>a black box with some big...
Forum: Technology October 15th 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By [email protected]
Oil and Filter Change

Nate Nagel wrote:

>I haven't had issues with their tools, although I am still at a loss as
>to how to exchange broken sockets; HD store reps are no help.

Only Kmart has given me problems with...
Forum: Technology September 12th 07, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Valve guide oil seal question...

MG wrote:

> wrote in message
>>
>>Tegger wrote:
>>
>>>The consensus then is that worn valve stem oil seals are NOT...
Forum: Technology September 10th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Tegger wrote:

>The consensus then is that worn valve stem oil seals are NOT a significant
>factor in oil consumption?

Not according to owners of pre-1984-1981 VW Rabbits, Sciroccos, and
Jettas. VW...
Forum: Technology August 26th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,sci.physics,sci.materials,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
How many treadwear miles do we REALLY get for every 100 UTQG points?

_Pnina Gersten_ wrote:

> How many miles will a typical car actually get on a tire rated 500?
>
> I googled for the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) Standards and found
> articles which describe how...
Forum: Driving August 26th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,sci.physics,sci.materials,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 32

_Pnina Gersten_ wrote:

> How many miles will a typical car actually get on a tire rated 500?
>
> I googled for the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) Standards and found
> articles which describe how...
Forum: Technology July 26th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
parts of a regenerative braking system

wrote:

>I'm planning to modify my motorcycle to turn it into a hybrid bike (an
>experiment).

>How do I control the motor speed? Do I use some kind of variable
>resistor? a...
Forum: Honda July 1st 07, 02:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By [email protected]
MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

GO Mavs wrote:

>I have never been in a car without my seat belt on...

>guess that is just how we were raised...

>my parents both worked at a hospital though...

>I always love those stories people...
Forum: Technology February 6th 07, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
AAMCO auto repair rip off

RayV wrote:

>Took my wife's 04 trailblazer to the dealer because the
>CD player broke and the front brakes were starting to pulse.
>
>3 hours later the guy comes out to tell me that they needed to...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24