Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Benjamin Gawert
Forum: Audi August 8th 10, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Why are Germans electronically challenged?

On 08/08/2010 16:03, * Manco:

>>> If it is a product that involves electronics or software, and it's
>>> from Germany, it is likely to look very good but be a buggy piece of
>>> ****.
>>
>> For...
Forum: Audi August 8th 10, 12:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Why are Germans electronically challenged?

On 07/08/2010 19:38, * Manco:

> If it is a product that involves electronics or software, and it's
> from Germany, it is likely to look very good but be a buggy piece of
> ****.

For example?

> Why...
Forum: Audi December 24th 09, 08:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Audi MOT jobs worth

* Jon B:

>> this was a smelly hanging from the rear view mirror. A freebie from Direct
>> Line Insurance measuring 50mm square if that.
>
> It is strictly speaking an MoT failure though, as are...
Forum: Audi December 5th 09, 06:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 12
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
fog lights misuse

* Steve Daniels:

>> They are indeed very useful when visibility drops below 50m as due to
>> their brightness they help you to be seen much sooner from cars
>> approaching from behind...
Forum: Audi November 28th 09, 09:09 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 12
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
fog lights misuse

* Steve Daniels:

>> In the USA, Audi sells many of its cars with rear fog lights.
>
> Are they to let people know you are there? Other than that, I
> see no use for them.

They are indeed very...
Forum: Audi November 21st 09, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 12
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
fog lights misuse

* M.:
> In the USA, Audi sells many of its cars with rear fog lights. Since
> there are no regulations or training on the proper use of rear fog
> lights in the USA, it is common to be blinded by a...
Forum: Audi September 29th 09, 06:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
A-8 with 12 Cylinder engine

* RubEric:
> The 12 cylinder Audi A-8's are very expensive cars. It appears they
> are (were) about $30 k more than an 8 cylinder car.
>
> What did one get for that additional $30K??? Surely just...
Forum: Audi February 9th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
2.7T Gas Mileage

* Dano58:

> Well, the 1990 Passat was the same as the 1991 - 1996 cars

Right, it's the Passat 35I.

> , so if the '3BG' nomenclature applies to the 1991 and newer

No, it doesn't. 3BG was made from...
Forum: Audi February 9th 08, 11:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
2.7T Gas Mileage

* Pete:

> What exactly is a Passat 3BG? I've never heard of this nomenclature out
> here in the US.

3BG stands for the internal VW model nomenclature (like "D2" and "4E"
for the Audi A8). The...
Forum: Audi February 7th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
2.7T Gas Mileage

* Pete:

> I'm sorry, but you've got it all wrong. The first time a 1.8T was offered
> in a Passat in the US was in 1998, and it had 150 hp. And it wasn't made in
> Mexico either.

I'm quite sure...
Forum: Audi February 1st 08, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
2.7T Gas Mileage

* Pete:
> "Benjamin Gawert" wrote
>> I.e. the last Volkswagen Passat with 1.8l Turbo engine (20 valve) was sold
>> in the US with 130hp while the European version had 150hp. This was done
Forum: Audi January 31st 08, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
2.7T Gas Mileage

* Pete:

> "Benjamin Gawert" wrote
>> The fuel quality in the US is much lower than in western Europe. The
>> Audis (and VWs and BMWs and Mercedes) that are made for the US contain
>> specific...
Forum: Audi January 27th 08, 04:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
2.7T Gas Mileage

* Pete:

> Are you saying all Audis sold in the US have to be modified in order to
> run reliably here?

I assume "here" for you means the US? If so then yes. The fuel quality
in the US is much...
Forum: Audi January 25th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
2.7T Gas Mileage

* Kevin McMurtrie:
> Audis suck gasoline.

Not unless used in a country with low fuel quality. Remember that these
engines are developed with European ROZ95/98 in mind and have to be...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 18
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
8800 - wait and see...

* :

> Just some FYI for anyone who is considering an 8800 purchase.

[snipped description of experience with GF8800GTS]

> If people are genuinely interested I'll update...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15