Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: Technology September 6th 14, 07:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
The 2016 Hamster

N8N wrote:

> and the current Miata is bloated and enormous compared to the original. I think smaller is a great trend!
>

> nate
Forum: Technology September 5th 14, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
The 2016 Hamster

Well, I just saw a new MB SLK and it is pretty darn small.

And then the Porsche Boxster. It looks great in profile but is pretty darn rounded otherwise.

This 2016 MX5 looks like a glob-of-round...
Forum: Technology September 4th 14, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
The 2016 Hamster

The front-end does have an Italian super-car look to it. But forum posters are noticing the front fender line as a simply continuation of the door line.

The rear-end is hopeless and looks like...
Forum: Technology September 4th 14, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
The 2016 Hamster

The Pontiac Solstice and the Honda S2000 were bigger cars. The BWM Z4 and the Porsche Boxster are bigger cars
..
Forum: Technology September 4th 14, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
The 2016 Hamster

And the marketing says that they went to a more lightweight car.

But making a car lighter by making it smaller is not exactly a technology.

The car is probably too small for the USA market. See,...
Forum: Technology September 4th 14, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
The 2016 Hamster

Here's the gallery of 15 photos:

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-mazda-miata-reveal-20140904-story.html
..
Forum: Technology September 4th 14, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
The 2016 Hamster

The 2016 Hamster:

http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140903_C8463_PHOTO_EN_42615.jpg

http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140903_C8463_PHOTO_EN_42617.jpg

I haven't yet found any...
Forum: Technology February 6th 14, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Welding High Strength Aluminum

Oh, the subject of cast aluminum wheels versus forged aluminum wheels often comes up. The consumer yawns and buys the less expensive wheel.

But to understand the difference between cast aluminum...
Forum: Technology June 29th 13, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Aluminum Chassis with Fiberglass Bodywork

Back to the present:

The end of the short wheelbase Elise disappointed a lot of Lotus fans but the Evora with a wheelbase of 101.4" could actually be competition for the...
Forum: Technology June 28th 13, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Abdulla Ibragim wrote:

> I wonder if you can still buy these dorky white sidewalled tires

The reply:

http://www.stl-vettes.com/65vette/wheels/others/C1_Wheels.htm
Forum: Technology June 25th 13, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Aluminum Chassis with Fiberglass Bodywork

Steel chassis and fiberglass bodywork:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chevrolet_Corvette_blue_vr_EMS.jpg

But that's an older type of fiberglass and not SMC
..
Forum: Technology June 25th 13, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Aluminum Chassis with Fiberglass Bodywork

Here is a link to the Ford GT aluminum chassis:

http://etfoundation.org/assets/pdf/ShwcsFrdGTfinal.pdf

However, Ford GT's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and R8's have aluminum bodywork instead of SMC...
Forum: Technology June 25th 13, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Aluminum Chassis with Fiberglass Bodywork

There are two cars with an aluminum chassis and SMC bodywork.

This is the Corvette...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13