Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 1.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mal Osborne
Forum: Mazda May 29th 08, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Mal Osborne
Longer lasting timing belts?

Looks like it's getting close to another timing belt change. Came across
this add a while ago. Anyone think these could be left for longer? It's a
standard '94, looking at extending time belt...
Forum: Mazda March 27th 08, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Mal Osborne
Trans & Diff lube

Tried that last week on my '94, with 140K. The fill plug is bloody tight,
could not get it open with an open ender. Make sure you undo yours before
you drain the oil.

Is there some secret I am...
Forum: Mazda March 21st 08, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Mal Osborne
195/55R14s, anyone still make them?

Not a lot of options. Anything wider on a 14" rim is rare in the USA,
almost unknown here in Australia. Going to a 15" is a possibility, but most
aftermarket wheels are either heavy, weak, poorly...
Forum: Mazda March 17th 08, 09:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Mal Osborne" > wrote in message
> Need to replace tyres on my 94, currently with standard 14x6 rims, fitted
> with standard 185/60R14s....
Forum: Mazda March 17th 08, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Mal Osborne
195/55R14s, anyone still make them?

Dunlop.com show 195/5514s only in the SP8000 range, over here in Australia,
this has been superceded by the SP9000s. SP9000s don't come in 195/55R14,
like older SP8000s. Much the same story with...
Forum: Mazda March 16th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Mal Osborne
195/55R14s, anyone still make them?

Sure they would, at a cost!

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> In article...
Forum: Mazda March 16th 08, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Mal Osborne
195/55R14s, anyone still make them?

Need to replace tyres on my 94, currently with standard 14x6 rims, fitted
with standard 185/60R14s. I would like a set of reasonable street
performance tyres, but I can't find a single manufacturer...
Forum: Mazda February 18th 08, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Mal Osborne
Anyone running an electric supercharger?

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Mal Osborne"...
Forum: Mazda February 17th 08, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Mal Osborne
Anyone running an electric supercharger?

http://www.electricsupercharger.net/

This looks too good to be true, is it?
Forum: Mazda December 30th 07, 09:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Mal Osborne
Freeze Plugs

"Ephar" > wrote in message

> After years of running straight water as coolant I doubt it will be long
> before others...
Forum: Mazda December 29th 07, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 22
Posted By Mal Osborne
A little long before firing up - family trademark or is my car a little sick?

Probably not a bad thing. Gives the oil pump time to prime before any
significant load is placed on bearing surfaces.

"Chuck" > wrote in message...
Forum: Mazda December 18th 07, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Mal Osborne
Brake Pad suggestions

"Chas Hurst" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
Forum: Mazda November 25th 07, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By Mal Osborne
Where are you and your Miata?

Northern 'burbs of Perth, WA, Australia
Red 94 Aussie Spec. (Power windows, Power mirrows, no airbags, no headrest
speakers, mags, open diff, dash lights both sides, no clutch interlock,
steering...
Forum: Mazda October 7th 07, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By Mal Osborne
Automatic Power antenna only 3/4 effective

When the broke it, it had a bend in it. The "Fix" was to straighten in out,
but there is still a bit of a kink left where it bent, which is binding.
Some carefull tweaking with a pair of pliers may...
Forum: Mazda September 9th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 27
Posted By Mal Osborne
How to check if I have Torsen LSD

> You mean on the underside of the car, I assume? Strange as it
> may seem, on the underside of the car I prefer red or black.
> Photons bouncing back and forth between the bottom of the car and
Forum: Mazda September 7th 07, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By Mal Osborne
How to Eliminate Soft Brakes

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message

> The brake fluid. Over time, it absorbs water from the atmosphere and
Forum: Mazda September 2nd 07, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Mal Osborne
auto transmisson 90 miata

> wrote in message
> whining...won't leave first....no reverse...whats up?

Lining worn to thin on the band. (these...
Forum: Mazda July 11th 07, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Mal Osborne
flashing airbag light, how make it stop?

Huh? I have never heard of a car hitting something hard enough to set of
the airbags & still be repairable. I guess Australian airbags are less
sensitive.

"~hpXH535~" > wrote...
Forum: Mazda July 11th 07, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By Mal Osborne
Schedule 1/2 Maintenance

Fuel filter would make sense, but not sure what "valve clearance
adjustments" are supposed to mean. AFAIK every Miata ever made has HLAs,
meaning no valve adjustment is needed. (or possible)

"S...
Forum: Mazda June 26th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 29
Posted By Mal Osborne
Pre-ignition or pinking? 2007 MX5 coupe.

"The Invisible Man" > wrote in message

> White exhausts used to often mean that mixture was a bit lean.

The white...
Forum: Mazda June 25th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 29
Posted By Mal Osborne
Pre-ignition or pinking? 2007 MX5 coupe.

Probably a combination of:

1. Bad fuel. Octane ratings may not be what they should at some outlets,
try a differant fuel supply
2. Carbon build up in the combustion chambers. Run a car of fuel...
Forum: Mazda June 23rd 07, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 25
Posted By Mal Osborne
Ya'll seen the Demon?

Think if I was going to drive a Dodge emon around, I would go for one like
this:

http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/oldweb/demon.html

It's not so Fugly.

"Carol" > wrote...
Forum: Mazda June 18th 07, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By Mal Osborne
Live better electrically

> "Bit of cardboard"? Unless you grew up up a culturally deprived area, it
> was a
> baseball card, secured with a clothespin.
>
> And I still put them on my motorcycle. So there.
>
> -- Larry...
Forum: Mazda June 17th 07, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By Mal Osborne
Live better electrically

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message

> "Mal Osborne" > wrote in message
Forum: Mazda June 17th 07, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By Mal Osborne
Live better electrically

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message