Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 1.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dan
Forum: Honda January 1st 14, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By dan
AUX for Accord 2007

The video provided makes the install look very simple. I've done
similar things by adding a 3.5mm plug to my stereo through a hole
drilled in an accessory box, connected to provided RCA outputs. ...
Forum: Honda September 26th 13, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By dan
1992 Accord Idling at 7000 RPM

On 9/25/2013 8:59 AM, Scott Nation wrote:
> A friend’s 1992 Honda Accord (4 cylinder) started idling at full throttle, 7000 RPM. I didn’t find any reference to this problem on the Internet so I...
Forum: Honda June 24th 12, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By dan
Reduced MPG on 2000 Accord EX V6

My bet would be on the oxygen sensors at that age and mileage. They can
go bad over time without throwing a code, IMHO.

Are there any codes?

My 0.02.

dan

On 6/24/2012 7:44 AM, Slim wrote:
Forum: Honda September 8th 11, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By dan
cap and rotor replacement

Do it yourself for around $20. Not hard at all.

dan

On 9/7/2011 6:55 PM, Michael wrote:
> 2000 Accord, 68K. Dealer recommends a cap and rotor replacement.
> Necessary or wait til I need to. ...
Forum: Honda August 20th 11, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By dan
Which relay is bad when fuel pump doesn't work?

It's most likely the "main relay". A major honda/acura problem. The
main relay cuts off the fuel pump which stops fuel from getting to the
engine. If you spray staring fluid into the intake, you...
Forum: Honda December 12th 10, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 13
Posted By dan
Cold engine at 70Mph

It helps to open the bleeder. :)
On 12/12/2010 10:13 AM, Dillon Pyron wrote:

> Once you get the antifreeze out, swapping out the 'stat is easy.
> Purging the coolant is a pain, at least for me.
Forum: Honda February 24th 10, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 24
Posted By dan
Recommended Mileage for Timing Belt Replacement?

On 2/24/2010 11:21 AM, Dano58 wrote:
> On Feb 23, 10:53 am, > wrote:
>> On 2/23/2010 7:39 AM, jgarbenzel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>>> I have a Honda Accord 2001 with a little over...
Forum: Honda February 23rd 10, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On 2/23/2010 9:29 AM, Peabody wrote:
> jgarbenzel says...
>
> > I have a Honda Accord 2001 with a little over 80,000
> > miles. Is time due for timing belt replacement?
>
> > I asked several...
Forum: Honda February 23rd 10, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 24
Posted By dan
Recommended Mileage for Timing Belt Replacement?

On 2/23/2010 7:39 AM, jgarbenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Honda Accord 2001 with a little over 80,000 miles. Is time
> due for timing belt replacement?
>
> I asked several Honda service centers in...
Forum: Honda January 30th 10, 07:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By dan
after market roof rack

On 1/30/2010 10:54 AM, Guy wrote:
> I'm considering installing a roof rack myself on a 2010 CR-V. I
> haven't decided whether I want a combo roof rack (rail and cross bars)
> or just the cross...
Forum: Honda January 24th 10, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By dan
2009 Civic Ex excessive road noise

>> On 1/23/2010 4:14 PM, PE wrote:
>>> Hi all: I have a 2009 Civic EX that I purchased new about 5 mos. ago.
>>> Love
>>> the car, but it has...
Forum: Honda January 24th 10, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On 1/23/2010 4:14 PM, PE wrote:
> Hi all: I have a 2009 Civic EX that I purchased new about 5 mos. ago. Love
> the car, but it has one feature that concerns me a bit, which is that the
> ride is...
Forum: Honda October 17th 09, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By dan
1990 Integra tail light problem Fix

Tegger wrote:

> I'm really curious which relay they said was at fault. My factory wiring
> diagrams show no relay of any kind in the taillight circuit.

My Legend's electrical troubleshooting...
Forum: Honda July 7th 09, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 47
Posted By dan
Rear-Ended; New Bumper?

Elle wrote:

> I was at a stoplight that had turned green yet the cars in front of me
> were not moving. So I did not see it coming.
>
> I will do all the checks you described soon. Thank you for...
Forum: Honda June 1st 09, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By dan
2001 accord LX timing belt at 60K miles

Your timing belt should be changed, since it's at the 7 years or 105K
miles (or whatever your spec was). In my opinion, since your accord
only has 60K, you really don't have to change the "pumps,...
Forum: Honda March 2nd 09, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By dan
brake fluid change

Pete wrote:
> I have a 99 Civic with 230k miles and I've never changed the brake fluid.
> But I just read an article about moisture content decreasing the boiling
> point of the fluid over time. ...
Forum: Honda December 14th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 31
Posted By dan
Timing belt question, 99 Honda Accord DX

Tegger wrote:
> "Elle" > wrote in news:gRC%k.19135$yB4.17638
> @newsfe07.iad:
>
>> Dillon, four folks reporting personal experiences where
>> their broken timing belt did...
Forum: BMW December 10th 08, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 64
Posted By dan
Consumers Reports Seeks Bailout

Comments4u wrote:
> The line of companies willing to beg for money from Congress has just grown
> longer. Consumers Reports has requested a Congressional bail out hearing.

Very funny! Who will be...
Forum: Honda November 15th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 31
Posted By dan
Manual Transmission Fluid Change - Photos???

Tegger wrote:
> But I must say, it is passing strange that neither tranny bolt has
> stripped in seventeen years (that's 17 R&R's), and neither is leaking
> after that same length of time.

Forum: Honda November 15th 08, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 31
Posted By dan
Manual Transmission Fluid Change - Photos???

Brian,

When you figure out how to do this simple "fluid" change, use Honda MTL
fluid. It is the best stuff for our cars.

dan

wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew a...
Forum: Honda October 9th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 99
Posted By dan
Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

Last I knew, Mobil makes the oil and ATF. Not sure about the rest.

dan

L Alpert wrote:

> A question here. Everyone seems to enforce that Honda makes the
> greatest everything for their...
Forum: Technology October 9th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 108

L Alpert wrote:

> A question here. Everyone seems to enforce that Honda makes the
> greatest everything for their...
Forum: Honda March 19th 08, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 13
Posted By dan
1988 Honda Accord won't idle when warmed up

wrote:
> On Mar 19, 12:14 pm, Tegger > wrote:
>> wrote...
Forum: Honda March 7th 08, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Tegger wrote:

> Damn feedback carbs...

If that's the worst problem that happened in 15 years, then it's great!
Just trying to get the word out that this could be a problem. I would
actually...
Forum: Honda March 7th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:
> I've got an '88 Accord (carb and five speed) that will not idle when
> warmed up.

Check out this thread in google...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50