Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 1.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lon Stowell
Forum: Jeep January 5th 08, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 25
Posted By Lon Stowell
mixing tires...

.... or the coroner.

Fred wrote:
> I've had a different brand snow tires (vs the front tire
> brand) on the rear of cars for over 40 years without any problem.
> This might be one for the...
Forum: Jeep December 23rd 07, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By Lon Stowell
belt tension

No. One Jeep engines I know of that have the auto tensioner are the V-8s.

I could be wrong about ALL of the sixes needing manual adjustment, but
most use the power steering pump, if fitted, as the...
Forum: 4x4 December 22nd 07, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 2
Posted By Lon Stowell
oil pressure drop

Mike Romain wrote:
> deafone wrote:
>> My sons 2001 Ford Explore 6cyl. 4.0 . the problem is when it is
>> driving the
>> oil pressure is at the half way point on the scale. but during idle at
Forum: Jeep December 21st 07, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 105
Posted By Lon Stowell
Should I sell my Jeep wrangler?

I slapped a set of studded snows on the ZJ just before the first snows
in the front range foothills, and I must say it really is a lot of fun
showing off intentionally driving thru the muck and...
Forum: Jeep December 17th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Lon Stowell
93 Cherokee Country won't start. Code 12. Any idea?

central4x4 wrote:
> Doesn't even crank. Jump start won't work. Voltage meter on the
> dashboard displays normal voltage (12+). Hasn't happened before.
> Is it because of bad starter?

Rarely is that...
Forum: Jeep December 16th 07, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 265
Posted By Lon Stowell
Off Topic December Seventh.

Dr.Neuraxis® wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 22:13:39 -0800, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> > wrote:
>

>> BFD it's Perl language, intended to run as a CGI, and compatible...
Forum: Jeep December 16th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Lon Stowell
2001 GC Laredo - radio upgrade options

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "P.Schuman" > wrote in message
>> We have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Forum: Jeep December 15th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Jamie Mello wrote:
> Almost Ever time I take my 99 Jeep wrangler off road it something is
> broken on it. And I have spent about 4k on fixs from when I Have taken
> it off road.Should I sell my...
Forum: 4x4 December 14th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 1
Posted By Lon Stowell
GAS MILAGE

bluemarble wrote:
> their for awhile I was losing MPG. change oil to 5W20 Sin. now my MPG has
> started back up to 14.7 from 13.9 and still going up.

Change it to a really good synthetic 0W10 and...
Forum: Jeep December 4th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 26
Posted By Lon Stowell
Remote Keyless EntryTransmitter?/2002Grand Cherroke

XS11E wrote:
> Lon Stowell > wrote:
>
>> Big engines do not automagically cut mileage... frequently they
>> are less lightly loaded and can cruise better.
>
> But in this...
Forum: Jeep December 3rd 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 29
Posted By Lon Stowell
Frozen Doors TJ

Several options Earl.

1. Switch to Comcrap.

2. Watch more porn.

3. Hire a journalism major with a hair dryer and ladder.

I have used the old fashioned teflon spray to help de-ice, but you have...
Forum: Jeep December 3rd 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

XS11E wrote:
> "DougW" > wrote:
>
>> The only thing I was tempted to do was to swap out for a 95 with the
>> rear flipper glass and 4 wheel disc brakes. That and...
Forum: Jeep December 1st 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Lon Stowell
valve cover gasket replacement 94 cherokee

fraserwag wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Picked up a cork gasket for this before looking at the service
> manual. Per the manual:
>
> The original grey gasket material should NOT be
> removed. If sections...
Forum: Jeep December 1st 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

DougW wrote:
> Lon Stowell wrote:
>
>> Roughly what mileage does the limited slip on the ZJ tend to start
>> making funny clunking noises?
>
> Dunno. the rear diff is open on my zj. You do get...
Forum: Jeep December 1st 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 29
Posted By Lon Stowell
Frozen Doors TJ

With the caution that before you lube anything with any oil or grease,
you try pouring that oil or grease at the local ambient temperature.
In some places it gets cold enough to turn all but the...
Forum: Jeep December 1st 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

DougW wrote:
> XS11E wrote:
>
>> Some time back I was at my local dealer and was offered a pretty good
>> deal on a really beautiful '02 GC ltd. I passed but I really liked
>> the critter. Later I...
Forum: Jeep December 1st 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Lon Stowell
91 YJ catalytic converter?

DougW wrote:
> Lon Stowell wrote:
>
>> Then that rear cheap rubber exhaust hanger gets 3 minutes old and
>> tries to droop your cat back until you get ticked off and create your
>> own with a bit of...
Forum: Jeep November 30th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Lon Stowell
91 YJ catalytic converter?

DougW wrote:
> Earle Horton wrote:
Forum: Jeep November 30th 07, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Lon Stowell
91 YJ catalytic converter?

DougW wrote:
> ufatbastehd wrote:
Forum: Jeep November 30th 07, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Lon Stowell
IAC connector?

Will Honea wrote:
> DougW wrote:
>
>> jmaki wrote:
>>> I cracked the connector for the idle air control motor on the wiring
>>> harness side - 2000 TJ 4.0 L. It still works okay but the...
Forum: Jeep November 30th 07, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Lon Stowell
IAC connector?

Will Honea wrote:
> DougW wrote:
>
>> jmaki wrote:
>>> I cracked the connector for the idle air control motor on the wiring
>>> harness side - 2000 TJ 4.0 L. It still works okay but the...
Forum: Jeep November 25th 07, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Lon Stowell
A lot of play in my stick shift Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Mello wrote:
> Oh and this was not a transmission shop. It was a auto repair shop.
> That I bet know very little to nothing about transmissions. And they
> said something about the top half of...
Forum: Jeep November 24th 07, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

XS11E wrote:
> Jamie Mello > wrote:
>
>> I have a 1983 toyta 4X4 pickup. And there is a lot of play in my
>> stick shifter. (it was like that when I bought it) And The...
Forum: Jeep November 22nd 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Lon Stowell
Oil Pressure too high ??

James wrote:
> Thanks Bill !!
>
> James

With the caution that I do not know how much it costs on your particular
Grand, the failure on the pressure sensor is usually internal, where...
Forum: Jeep November 20th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
MI5
Posted By Lon Stowell
MI5

d wrote:
> I haven't been in this group but for a short while, and I know about
> Billie (don't bother, I won't see it, you have been in my kill file
> for several months). My question is... Who is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52