Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 1.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan Verschueren
Forum: Simulators May 5th 10, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By Jan Verschueren
who's still racing NR2003?

"gumby" wrote...
> On 25/03/2010 6:05 PM, Jan Verschueren wrote:
>> <snip>
> This explains why it would lock up on with a sound loop on
> my PC when I tried it on Vista. But I did get Nascar Heat
Forum: Simulators March 26th 10, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By Jan Verschueren
who's still racing NR2003?

"PlowBoy" wrote...
> Any leagues still running? I don't have it installed
> anymore, but I have a decent archive from my
> Winxp days, does it run well on vista and win7?

Haven't touched it in...
Forum: Simulators December 23rd 09, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan Verschueren
Golden Age of Racing

"Cronos" wrote...
> Must be bad because it is on sale for $7.49 and I have never
> heard of it before. Looks a bit like GPL though.
>
> http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-GAOR/golden-age-of-racing

The...
Forum: Simulators November 9th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Verschueren
VW Jetta TDI racing series - "clean diesel"?

"APLer" wrote...
>> "Jan Verschueren"
>> <snip>
>> It's renewable, though, whereas fossil fuels aren't.
>>
> How you figure if it a) consumes more fossil fuels in
> production than it gives

The...
Forum: Simulators November 8th 09, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Verschueren
VW Jetta TDI racing series - "clean diesel"?

"APLer" wrote...
>> "jeffareid" wrote
>> That so called clean diesel is only 5% bio-diesel, with the
>> other 95% conventional diesel, so this seems more like a
>> case of "clean coal", then an...
Forum: Simulators September 21st 09, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By Jan Verschueren
FI Challenge '99 - 02' is now giving me widescreen resolution options

"Waz Medano" wrote...
>> <snip>
> Already have 2 copies of rFactor so no need to be
> condescending.

No offense intended.

> And F1 '99 - 02' works as well on Win7 64bit as
> it ever did on XP
Forum: Simulators September 19th 09, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Jan Verschueren
World Racing Series demo - well worth a look

"Andrew MacPherson" wrote...
> http://www.worldracingseries.net/
>
> <snip>

You've got to be kidding me, MacP.

I encountered following problems:

- image corruption issues in the 3D part with large...
Forum: Simulators July 3rd 09, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 16
Posted By Jan Verschueren
Blue Flags In rfactor

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" wrote...
> So what do the blue flags in rFactor actually mean?

Depends on the server setting... if flag rules are enforced, the game will
hand out penalties for...
Forum: Simulators April 23rd 09, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 18
Posted By Jan Verschueren
Fix for G25 shifter?

"RocketMan" wrote...
> Thanks for the advice, APLer.
> I have some CRC 2-26. That would be good to clean the contacts with,
> aye?

Should do the trick...
Forum: Simulators March 29th 09, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By Jan Verschueren
Harry Carry

"Byron Forbes" wrote..
> Is anyone else looking forward to all the reports of Harry
> Carry coming from Honda premises all throughout Japan
> when Brawn - Mercedes take a one two here in Aus
Forum: Simulators February 8th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan Verschueren
GPL and Vista

"Mr T" wrote...
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what the trick is to get GPL to work under
> Vista? I bought a new PC and Vista was installed on it.
> The GPL program runs OK but when I get to the driving
Forum: Simulators February 3rd 09, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Verschueren
GTR2 Qualifying at Night

"Mr T" wrote...
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the F1 2008 mod for GTR2 and thought I would
> race at SPA.
> The only problem is that both qualifying sessions occur at night
> and the F1 cars don't have...
Forum: Simulators November 13th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By Jan Verschueren
GPL Track limit?

"APLer" wrote...
> <snip>
>> 63 tracks iirc
>>
> Really? that's a *lot*. Thanks.

I take it you haven't been here : http://gpltd.bcsims.com/ then?

There are 573 tracks for GPL, 128 of which can be...
Forum: Simulators November 9th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Verschueren
Best PS2 F1 Sim

"Billy" wrote..
> Since people are asking if this NG is dead, I'll throw out
> something new, or, old in this case.
>
> I don't sim race any more. I just don't have the time to
> spend on practice...
Forum: Simulators August 24th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan Verschueren
ESCORS is a joke

> wrote...
>I just wanted to join a League Race in ESCORS. Helmut
> Eimann still had an open ride without a driver so <snip>

ESCORS is a joke and always has been, but not because...
Forum: Simulators July 11th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 140
Posted By Jan Verschueren
iRacing... help... must... resist!

"Andrew MacPherson"...
> Ok, so this invitation lands in my inbox. <snip>
> Would it hurt to spend $20 and put a toe in the
> water? <snip>

Sit tight, McP, I've got some vacation coming up in two...
Forum: Simulators July 11th 08, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Verschueren
Don Scurlock passes away

"Uwe Schuerkamp" wrote...

> With great sadness we received news today that long time
> fellow Screamers racer, gplrank mastermind & admin and
> all around good bloke Don Scurlock was killed in a
Forum: Simulators July 10th 08, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan Verschueren
Formula 1 became exciting!!

"Larry" wrote...
> <snip>
> Lapping 6 seconds faster than the rest of field. In a
> HONDA! And apparantly no one noticed LOL

Williams noticed, but Rosberg drove straight up the back of a...
Forum: Simulators June 12th 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan Verschueren
Anyone still with "Ol' Red" LWFF?

"JS" wrote...
> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> is there anybody (besides me ;-) still running the
> Ol' Red LWFF?

Hard to tell, really..

> I am thinking of shutting down the Logicorner
> (egroup at...
Forum: Simulators June 9th 08, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 99
Posted By Jan Verschueren
iRacing = crack in a box

> wrote in...
> The NDA has been lifted for iRacing.
>

> And as I said in the subject, iRacing is crack in a box.
> It's the most addicting thing a simracer will get since
Forum: Simulators March 3rd 08, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 118
Posted By Jan Verschueren
IRacing Pricing