Showing results 1 to 25 of 233
Search took 1.18 seconds.
Forum: Simulators November 5th 08, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Another boring iRacing movie... or maybe not?

On Nov 5, 12:32*pm, "Ed Medlin" <ed@ edmedlin.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:39 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), Andrew MacPherson
> > wrote:
>
> >> The most depressing thread though now (for me...
Forum: Simulators October 30th 08, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
This is why I find it hard to stay away from iRacing...

On Oct 24, 8:25*pm, rqk > wrote:

> Would you say a bit more about the "compromised aero model"? *I *am
> curios *about what i-racing is and is not doing in the area of...
Forum: Simulators October 24th 08, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Oct 24, 3:49*am, Dirt > wrote:

> I drove the Formula Mazda last night. *How does it compare to the Skip
> Barber?

While driving under the limit, the Mazda feels...
Forum: Simulators October 10th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing mentioned on BBC news!

> > "Byron Forbes" > wrote in
> * * Christianity - the first thing you need to be to be a christian is to...

Byron, I'm a Christian, but I'm nothing like what you describe....
Forum: Simulators September 18th 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing - Throttle-On Braking with the F-Mazda

On Sep 18, 1:46*pm, vigi > wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:45:44 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> >One thing I am thankful for is that all this has highlighted where I
> >was...
Forum: Simulators September 18th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing - Throttle-On Braking with the F-Mazda

Tim, I never use any autoclutch or autoblip.

I am coming around to the idea that this behavior might not be far
from reality. Most of the stopping power comes from the front
wheels. If you adjust...
Forum: Simulators September 17th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Best game for steering effect force feedback?

On Sep 17, 1:03*pm, "Lou" > wrote:
> What current PC racing simulator games have the best force feedback for
> feeling how the car is handling through the steering wheel? That is...
Forum: Simulators September 16th 08, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Sep 16, 11:34*am, wrote:

> Then came the setup post in the iR forums. *Brake bias at 48% and ride
> heights at around 1/2 inch front and rear. *I'll just disregard the
Forum: Simulators September 16th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Sep 16, 2:10 pm, Tim Wheatley > wrote:

> > People are taking advantage of the lack of internal damage. They will
> > have to stop doing that or they'll not have a car...
Forum: Simulators September 16th 08, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Sep 16, 2:08*pm, Bob Simpson > wrote:
> On Sep 16, 11:34 am, wrote:
>
> > Next thing I notice is that you can stop more quickly by essentially
Forum: Simulators September 16th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing - Throttle-On Braking with the F-Mazda

I chose to post this here first instead of the iRacing forums. This
is in hopes that we can have a real and detailed discussion of the
issue. On the iR forums the discussion will get bogged down...
Forum: Simulators September 15th 08, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Steering Wheel Review

It doesn't exactly zero the forces around *center*. It may zero the
forces when the torque on the virtual steering column is close to
zero, but that's not too different from real life.

Raising the...
Forum: Simulators August 28th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing: The race that changed my mind!

On Aug 26, 4:30*am, Asgeir Nesoen > wrote:
> A pass, for position or lapping, should always be performed on the
> inside, and never on the outside. Outside passing will cause...
Forum: Simulators August 27th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Day 28 in the Big iRacing house <-- warning, long and aboutiRacing

On Aug 27, 8:39*am, (Andrew
MacPherson) wrote:
> And no
> matter how many times I'm told the Solstice is good for me, I will never
> forgive them for making me...
Forum: Simulators August 18th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Red Logitech Momo on Ebay

On Aug 16, 1:03*am, John Doe > wrote:
> On January 19, 2007, you wrote:
>
> > A friend asked me to check out his Red Momo to see if it still
> > works. It's a FF model with...
Forum: Simulators August 14th 08, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Red Logitech Momo on Ebay

A buddy of mine is selling his red Momo. I tried it out a while back
and it seems like new. Thought some people might be interested in...
Forum: Simulators July 24th 08, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
The perfect racing simulation oriented game?

On Jul 23, 8:14*am, "jeffareid" > wrote:
> However in a game, these forces don't exist, so having some level of assist
> to compensate for the lack of forces might end up being...
Forum: Simulators June 18th 08, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing - weather?

On Jun 18, 10:27*am, "Byron Forbes" > wrote:
> * * Had a quick browse over the site but couldn't find any info on this - so
> what's the go with weather implementation? Is...
Forum: Simulators June 10th 08, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing Invite Trivia Question

Here are the lucky winners :)

James Gibat-Thoroski
Craig Lewis
Tom Stanger
Claude Leclerc
Kevin Favreau
Everett Paddock
Michael McCann
Cyrille Bouchard
Forum: Simulators June 10th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Any More Invites Please

If you want an invite you have to provide your real first and last
name.

On Jun 10, 1:28*pm, Me > wrote:

Forum: Simulators June 10th 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing Invite Trivia Question

Looks like one spot is still open!

--
Pat

On Jun 9, 4:48*pm, wrote:
> I have eight iRacing invites left. *The first emails to me that answer
> the following question get...
Forum: Simulators June 9th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
iRacing Invite Trivia Question

I have eight iRacing invites left. The first emails to me that answer
the following question get added to the list until it is filled:

What two drivers who competed in the 2008 Indy 500 have tested...
Forum: Simulators May 20th 08, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Does ARCA support TRackIR?

On May 19, 5:26*pm, Poky > wrote:
> Not listed on the Natural Point games list but seeing as it is ISI
> based it should support it. F1 Challenge, rFactor, Race07, GTLegends,
> GTRand...
Forum: Simulators April 29th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
FreeTrack

On Apr 29, 10:58*am, Bob Simpson > wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that you should be able to adjust the sensitivity
> (it's variable through the range of movement of the...
Forum: Simulators April 28th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
FreeTrack