Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Jeffrey
Forum: Ford Explorer November 12th 08, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Trickle Charger

D.D. Palmer wrote:
> My good friends have a Volvo and leave it in the garage all winter (here
> in the north) as they sun in Florida. In prior years the battery has
> always ended up dead because...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 12th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2002 Mercury Mountaineer rear cargo cover?

Jorge wrote:
> Where can I find a rear interior cargo cover (OEM would be good) for my 2002
> Mountaineer?
> What is this item actually called? I can't seem to find it in any on line
> catalog.
Forum: Ford Explorer April 15th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Stuck CD

Big Shoe wrote:
> This has been discussed in this group some time ago and I don't recall
> the answers. You might try Googling news groups to find whatever is
> out there. I do remember that one of...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 18th 08, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
transmission help

Jim -

That is a whole lot more info than I had before, and I thank you for
taking the time to pass it along. Though I didn't mention it, I did ask
the shop to drop the pan to replace the filter,...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 17th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
transmission help

Jim Warman wrote:
> The flashing OD light is a sign that something is wrong.... left unattended,
> transmission problems have a way of snowballing.... At the time that the
> light is flashing, the...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 14th 08, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Transmission problems...I think

Jason wrote:
> I have a 2003 ford explorer xlt 4x4 it has about 70,000 miles on it..I
> noticed a while back that it wasnt shifting right (I could feel it jerk a
> bit as it was changing gears) and...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 31st 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
02 Explorer 100k mile maintenance

Happy Traveler wrote:
> Simple advice: forget the dealer's money-making list and read your owner's
> manual. Sometimes there is a separate maintenance schedule booklet, not sure
> about your model....
Forum: Ford Explorer January 24th 08, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2004 Explorer CD player

jbug wrote:
> On Jan 20, 10:54 am, Bill Jeffrey > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> I have a single CD player in my Explorer. There is a CD in it that
Forum: Ford Explorer January 20th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2004 Explorer CD player

wrote:
> I have a single CD player in my Explorer. There is a CD in it that
> will not eject. When I attempt to eject it, "Error" shows up on the
> display. I bought the...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 7th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
CD Changer Probloem

Big Shoe wrote:
> My 2005 Limited has the 6CD changer in the radio. This week, when I
> turn on the radio, it cycles through all 6 CD's as if it were
Forum: Ford Explorer December 25th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
SOHC V6 vs V8 Reliability

By the way, Consumer Reports rates the expected reliability of Explorers
with the V-6 as "poor". No report on the V-8 that I could find.

Bill
Forum: Ford Explorer December 25th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
SOHC V6 vs V8 Reliability

Big Shoe wrote:
> "cadshop" wrote:
>
>> Reading this newsgroup as well as an Explorer forum makes it seem that the
>> SOHC V6 has real problems with cam chain tensioners and noise that are
Forum: Ford Explorer December 16th 07, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2005 Explorer Flex Fuel??

cadshop wrote:
> I am considering buying a 2005 Explorer. How can I tell if it is a flex fuel
> vehicle? I see no badges on the car identifying it as such.

It will be identified by one of the...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 12th 07, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Odd Sound and Vibration when turning

Well, my '02 Explorer developed the same noise at around 135K. I took it
to my mechanic, told him it was a wheel bearing, and asked him to
replace it. Next day he presented me with a bill for $25!!...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 11th 07, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Problems with leftovers

Ashton Crusher wrote:
> OTOH, if it has a new car warranty any problems from the flood, if
> there even was one, should certainly show up during the warranty
> period.

Would the warranty cover flood...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 21st 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2002 Explorer "OD Off" light flashing - update

JM wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>> This is the 5R55W transmission behind a 4.6L V-8, and 3.73LS rear end.
>>
>> Last night we came...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 21st 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2002 Explorer OBD-II parameters list?

OK, maybe I don't understand what's going on here. Google searches for
"OBD-II" all take me to a list of trouble codes - the famous P001 sort
of thing.

However, I seem to understand that the OBD...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 17th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2002 Explorer "OD Off" light flashing

Forgot to note - 140K miles, no problems with this vehicle.

Bill Jeffrey
---------------------------
Bill Jeffrey wrote:
> This is the 5R55W transmission behind a 4.6L V-8, and 3.73LS rear end.

Forum: Ford Explorer April 17th 07, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2002 Explorer "OD Off" light flashing

This is the 5R55W transmission behind a 4.6L V-8, and 3.73LS rear end.

Last night we came home from a week in our camper. The camper is light
(3500 pounds) compared to the tow rating of the...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 7th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Brake lights won't turn off and now car won't start

gordo wrote:

> After you recharge your dead battery, check the brakelight switch again.
> Look under the dash on the brake pedal arm and inspect it.
> Maybe it was moved somehow and needs...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 3rd 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
2002 Explorer OBD-II parameters list?

2002 Explorer XLT 4.6L 5-speed automatic, factory tow package.

Does anyone have a list of the parameters that can be read by an OBD-II
tool from this vehicle? In particular I would like to read the...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 20th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Intake manifold

[Sorry if duplicate post - I have been having trouble getting to this
group for several days.]

Dufey wrote:

> here is a link to download the factory service manual and diagnostics
> on cd. you...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 29th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Car-Based Explorer?

Big Shoe wrote:
> Here's a link to the article about the coming car-based Explorer
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_levin&sid=azPuZqh8IUe0

Thanks, Big Shoe.

Bill
Forum: Ford Explorer January 27th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Car-Based Explorer?

Big Shoe wrote:
> There was a report in this morning's paper saying that Ford will
> change the Explorer to a car-based vehicle at the next major update in
> three years. It said that the new...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 23rd 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Jeffrey
Can I Reset My Outside Temperature Sensor (2003 Explorer XLT)

Andy Barkl wrote:

>> Jim
> The compass is controlled by the unit attached to the rear view mirror
> and recalibrated using the button on it along with the buttons on the dash.

Andy is right. If...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29