Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Art[_3_]
Forum: Corvette May 24th 08, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By Art[_3_]
Vacuum Lines 1984 Corvette

My ductwork doors will not function, my air conditioning is working
properly (fan and coolant). It appears that one of my vacuum lines are
incorrect and the duct doors are 'stuck' closed. Can...
Forum: Corvette January 26th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Art[_3_]
'84 crossfire to carburation conversion

I have finally completed the total conversion. I enjoy the feel of the
engine now and I can work on it myself. the hesitation problems have all
been solved and it is running smoothly. The total...
Forum: Corvette December 18th 07, 10:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 15
Posted By Art[_3_]
'84 crossfire to carburator conversion

Thank You, that is my sentiments exactly, with only driving this car less
than 5k/yr max it is a fun toy like a '32 roadster with a 350, the intake
and carb combination is street legal in all 50...
Forum: Corvette December 17th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 15
Posted By Art[_3_]
'84 crossfire to carburator conversion

Hello All Again,

After doing tremendous research I think the conversion is not very difficult
as long as certain things are compromised. Please allow me to run these
things by everyone for...
Forum: Corvette December 5th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 35
Posted By Art[_3_]
changing crossfire C4 to carburation

wow, seems everyone is against it but i have seen several here in the
southeast that appear to be running fine with a carburator. I may have to
strip out the dash and replace with standard gauges,...
Forum: Corvette December 3rd 07, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 35
Posted By Art[_3_]
changing crossfire C4 to carburation

Thanks pj, are you recommending changing the entire distributator to an
earler one (example a distributator from a 78 'vette that had carburation)
and add vacuum advance unit to the engine. Will the...
Forum: Corvette December 3rd 07, 03:02 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 35
Posted By Art[_3_]
changing crossfire C4 to carburation / attn; Art

Thanks Key, but my options are very limited, the crossfire intake has a
crack and must be replaced, I replaced the exhaust manifolds a long time ago
with short headers and have removed most of the...
Forum: Corvette December 2nd 07, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 35
Posted By Art[_3_]
changing crossfire C4 to carburation

I need just a little advice about changing from crossfire fuel injection to
a carburated engine on a 1984 C4.

The intake and carburator shall be Edelbrock. My question is I have been
told that I...
Forum: Corvette September 16th 07, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By Art[_3_]
84 HEI Tach drive distributator

This may sound like a real foolish question, I had a Mallory HEI
distributator installed last year. My vete left me sit along the road, it
just stopped running. From the tach connection on th...
Forum: Corvette September 2nd 07, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By Art[_3_]
LED Taillights in an 84

Just finished putting them in, I took a Zip saw and cut a 4 1/2" circle out
of my old taillights, put the LED's in, hooked them up with the resistor and
then installed 'vette louvers over the...
Forum: Corvette August 31st 07, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By Art[_3_]
LED Taillights in an 84

Thanks all, it seems that I have found the same website Bob was referring
to, 6 ohm/50 watt resistor should do the trick to simulate an 1157 bulb.

Found them at the local electronic industrial...
Forum: Corvette August 29th 07, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By Art[_3_]
LED Taillights in an 84

I want to put LED taillights in an '84. When I hook them up as straight
lights and remove the bulb lights from the circuit the turn signal flasher
does not recognize them and the turn signal system...
Forum: Corvette May 9th 07, 02:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By Art[_3_]
FS - 1984 gold corvette - $5800

Darn read this too late.

Art
"Dad" > wrote in message

> "Art" > wrote in message
Forum: Corvette May 9th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 22
Posted By Art[_3_]
94 surging/bucking problem

I have not replace the fuel pump but have checked it at most rpms and it is
steady, I have run several injector cleaners, replaced the fuel filter and
tps, new cam, rollers, solids, but had issue...
Forum: Corvette May 6th 07, 01:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 22
Posted By Art[_3_]
94 surging/bucking problem

I have an '84 crossfire and have a very similair problem.. When at low spped
with no extreme power requirements the engine 'surges', I have replaced
virtually everything (including the power brake...
Forum: Corvette April 27th 07, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By Art[_3_]
FS - 1984 gold corvette - $5800

I happen to own an 84, sure it rides rough, I guess you could even say like
a sports car, why would anyone want a soft riding sports car? The crossfire
is easy to beef up to 295 HP with just a few...
Forum: Corvette December 27th 06, 11:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 23
Posted By Art[_3_]
Low end buyer advice

I bought an '84 five years ago, I absolutly love it. If you pay attention
to your car the maintenance is about 20% above normal but well worth the
enjoyment of driving a 'vette. I have always been...
Forum: Corvette November 7th 06, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 13
Posted By Art[_3_]
'84 engine surging

Thanks to everyone for your responses, I will try to check for vacuum leaks
as that may be the problem, since this problem began I have installed a
Lunati cam, solids, roller rockers, Mallaroy 40k...
Forum: Corvette October 25th 06, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 13
Posted By Art[_3_]
'84 engine surging

Checked all of the vacuum, had an intake leak fixed it and stil lhave surge,
I am thinking injectors?

"pj4380" > wrote in message
> Eugene...
Forum: Corvette October 22nd 06, 08:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 13
Posted By Art[_3_]
'84 engine surging

I have a 1984 crossfire that the engine surges when not under powr usually
in 14-1900 rpm range. The surge is audible but seldom feelable, the tack
does not indicate the surge, I her it or sometimes...
Forum: Corvette August 20th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Art[_3_]
'84 Crossfire cam

I have read the site and it sounds great. Have you install the intake?

Art

"labtech1" > wrote in message
> replacing the cam...
Forum: Corvette August 11th 06, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 13
Posted By Art[_3_]
FS 1984 Vette

what did you change it to and what was th eresult. I'm thinking of changing
mine over to 3/2s.

Art

"'Key" > wrote in message

Forum: Corvette August 11th 06, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Art[_3_]
'84 Crossfire cam

I must replace the cam in my '84 crossfire. I would like to install a 455
degree roller cam, can the crossfire fuel supply system handle that cam. I
think it will add about 30 hp any comments...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23