Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gary V
Forum: Driving October 22nd 10, 12:24 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Gary V
My apologies to the readers of these groups

Since none of us claim to be doing viatology, no one should take the
seriously the barbs and arrows of a certain poster who says that other
websites don't meet up with his viatological standards.
Forum: Driving June 10th 10, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 14
Posted By Gary V
auto safety bill legislates mandatory black boxes

On Jun 10, 12:27*am, richard > wrote:

> Title 49 is purely for the trucking industry. I did not see anything that
> said the EDR's would be mandatory in cars.

Title 49 is...
Forum: Driving May 17th 10, 10:41 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation,uk.transport
Replies: 19
Posted By Gary V
What is viatology?

On May 17, 12:56*am, Dasyurid > wrote:
> On 2010-05-17 14:49:42 +1000, Eva Cassidy > said:
>

> > Viatology is make believe. *And that dumb site is...
Forum: Driving February 7th 10, 01:32 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,uk.transport
Replies: 20
Posted By Gary V
What is viatology?

Personally, I prefer "Roads Scholar".
Forum: Driving December 7th 09, 12:42 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 45
Posted By Gary V
Illinois to let truckiers drive 65 on interstates starting Jan 1

On Dec 6, 11:33*pm, lyon_wonder > wrote:
> http://www.sj-r.com/news/x730414505/IDOT-prepares-for-trucks-to-go-65...

> Only six states left
>
> According to the Insurance...
Forum: Driving November 2nd 09, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 233
Posted By Gary V
The Future of Road Funding

On Nov 2, 12:33*am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> Last time on rec.autos.driving, Larry G > said:
>
> >they can please everyone. Just have a transponder with...
Forum: Driving October 31st 09, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 233
Posted By Gary V
Falacy of the Electric Car

On Oct 31, 3:05*am, richard > wrote:

> The next phase of the electric development is to have the car charge
> itself. Why not? The standard car today already charges it's own...
Forum: Driving September 8th 09, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,ca.driving
Replies: 115
Posted By Gary V
Slow Bikes Keep Right

However, bicyclists can't expect to have it both ways. If they want
drivers to obey the laws and respect their rights, they also have to
obey the Laws. That means coming to a complete stop at stop...
Forum: Driving March 16th 09, 06:16 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By Gary V
Operation Virtual Coordinates

On Mar 15, 12:45*pm, "Some pea-brained idiot" posted

> As of 15-Mar-2008, the Worldwide Transportation Library provides geographic
> coordinates for 5.71% of its thirty-five Virtual 360...
Forum: Driving July 16th 08, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road
Replies: 58
Posted By Gary V
Another politician calls for a NATIONAL SPEED LIMIT

On Jul 15, 4:13*pm, wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2:39*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
>
> > If they do, in part badly posted speed limits are to blame.
>
> > If limits were...
Forum: Driving April 1st 08, 03:47 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By Gary V
April is "RSS month" at the WHL.

On Apr 1, 4:25*am, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:

> Through a live user interface, random
> samplings of the world's highways have been, and *are* brought to you in
> photograph and...
Forum: Driving March 25th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary V
Gas prices: ouch.

> I've been laughing at the continued use of the 9/10 cent for over 25
> years, since gas first cracked the $1 mark.
>
> It's a gimmick. 2.999 you see $2..99 not $3.00- Hide quoted text -

Back in...
Forum: Driving March 17th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 13
Posted By Gary V
Interstate 80 in Reno; Sierra Nevadas

On Mar 14, 9:08*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:

> You may notice this file's in the temp directory. *What does that
> mean? *Well, all files in the "temporary" directory get purged...
Forum: Driving March 17th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Replies: 13
Posted By Gary V
Scaling Interstate 80 near Gold Run, Calif.

On Mar 16, 4:02*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> The elevation rise between Sacramento and Donner Summit can be
> described as a steady, yet dramatic climb....
Forum: Driving March 10th 08, 01:51 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Gary V
Tertiary crossing between Detroit and Windsor?

On Mar 6, 3:18*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Via-whaevers,
>
> If put into place,
> there would be a tertiary connection from Canada into the United
> States. *

We ain't gonna...
Forum: Driving March 10th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 20
Posted By Gary V
An observation from today's roamings

Underground storage tanks. Although I thought the deadline was last
year, steel underground tanks are required to be replaced with
composite to reduce seepage into the soils and water table. It's...
Forum: Driving February 29th 08, 05:31 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 27
Posted By Gary V
Mileage, in Metric

Transport Canada officially uses L/100 km, with a conversion to Miles/
(Imperial)Gallon.
Forum: Driving February 5th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, la.transportation,ba.transportation
Replies: 144
Posted By Gary V
Impressive auto

On Feb 5, 10:24*am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:47:17 -0800 (PST), Gary V >
> wrote:
>

> >On Feb 4, 9:09*pm, Scott in SoCal...
Forum: Driving February 5th 08, 07:03 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary V
Rhode Island gets re-catalogued

On Feb 5, 10:08*am, "Ron's Inspector's Inspector" <get.lost@invalid>
wrote:
> "Douglas Kerr - ECHM" > wrote in
Forum: Driving February 5th 08, 02:49 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, la.transportation,ba.transportation
Replies: 144
Posted By Gary V
Impressive auto

On Feb 5, 4:31*am, Dave Head > wrote:

> Well, maybe someone building the electric cars could be smart enough to build
> them so that you can easily replace the battery, so you can...
Forum: Driving February 5th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, la.transportation,ba.transportation
Replies: 144
Posted By Gary V
Impressive auto

On Feb 4, 9:09*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Driving February 4th 08, 05:15 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, la.transportation,ba.transportation
Replies: 144
Posted By Gary V
Impressive auto

> > Human nature then says, "charge it up whenever you can".
>
> Do you fill your tank with gasoline every time you pass a gas station?
> Do you fill your stomach with food every time you pass a...
Forum: Driving February 4th 08, 05:00 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Replies: 14
Posted By Gary V
¡Hola Tejas!

> > Where's my gun?
>
> Nah, Krl isn't worth the risk of a lethal injection.

Is the "needed killin' " defense still applicable?
Forum: Driving February 3rd 08, 01:32 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By Gary V
Tennessee-in is believin'!

On Feb 2, 6:07*pm, "Sherman L. Cahal" > wrote:
> On Feb 2, 1:46 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>
> > Hi Viatologists,
>
> > Rhode Island isn't the only state...
Forum: Driving February 3rd 08, 12:55 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary V
Rhode Island gets re-catalogued

On Feb 2, 1:12*pm, "Carl Rogers" > blathers:

> Our photographs span the northern tier, from the Connecticut border at US

What the heck is the northern tier of RI? One county...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62