Showing results 1 to 25 of 96
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bug '59
Forum: VW air cooled May 23rd 07, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By bug '59
Camber

Hi Ramva,

My '73 is due for balljoint replacement.
It passed the MOT without problems but there is some play at it.
I bought a complete set (lowered) when I purchased my disc-brakes,
which I...
Forum: VW air cooled May 21st 07, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By bug '59
Latest News

"dragenwagen" > schreef in bericht
> Just trying to get the '66 fixed up and on the road...
>
> but here is the latest on the...
Forum: VW air cooled May 20th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By bug '59
009 distributor replacement question

"nowan" > schreef in bericht
> Kragen Auto has a distributor with vacuum advance (item # 31908) in their
> online catalog. Anyone know...
Forum: VW air cooled May 14th 07, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By bug '59
1965 Bug disc brakes

"Terry" > schreef in bericht
> On May 14, 11:01 am, "bug '59" >
> wrote:
>> "Terry"...
Forum: VW air cooled May 14th 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By bug '59
1965 Bug disc brakes

"Terry" > schreef in bericht
> Does anyone know of anybody that offers a front disc brake kit for a
> pre-66' bug...
Forum: VW air cooled May 13th 07, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By bug '59
No Power???

"Speedy Jim" > schreef in bericht
> MicroBiz wrote:
>> I just started by bug after being parked for 2 years and have no power
Forum: VW air cooled May 8th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By bug '59
License plate light

"bug '59" > schreef in bericht
> Hi all,
>
> the light of my licenseplate is living it's own life.
> Sometimes...
Forum: VW air cooled April 21st 07, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By bug '59
Installing vent window rubber-how to

"Harry Balzac" > schreef in bericht
> Can someone direct me to a source on how to install the rubber around the
> vent windows...
Forum: VW air cooled April 15th 07, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By bug '59
Buying a bug or van in the USA

"Ben Boyle" > schreef in bericht
> Sure thing, the key thing is once it goes through customs and you have the
> EPA and DOT...
Forum: VW air cooled April 11th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By bug '59
49 cable brake adjustments

"Shane Stroud" > schreef in bericht
> Guess it depends upon your source, but I've heard only one and I've heard
> two were...
Forum: VW air cooled April 10th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By bug '59
49 cable brake adjustments

"Jan" > schreef in bericht
> bug '59 wrote:
>> "Shane Stroud" > schreef in bericht
Forum: VW air cooled April 9th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By bug '59
49 cable brake adjustments

"Shane Stroud" > schreef in bericht
> Alright, here's a pic of my cars, my wife, and me. In order, they're 49
> Deluxe, 59...
Forum: VW air cooled April 9th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By bug '59
update "engine running rough"

"KWW" <kirk.walker ahyt aircooled doht neyt> schreef in bericht
> It is really not all that hard to rebuild the engines if you have a VW
> Beetle...
Forum: VW air cooled April 6th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"muziksmig via CarKB.com" <u10102@uwe> schreef in bericht
> Hi Roger, I got a '69 beetle which runs fine at speed but stalls if left
> at
> idle for any time,ie come up to...
Forum: VW air cooled April 6th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By bug '59
update "engine running rough"

"BobHoover" > schreef in bericht
> On Apr 6, 1:25 am, "bug '59" > wrote:
>
>> I adjusted...
Forum: VW air cooled April 6th 07, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By bug '59
update "engine running rough"

Hi all,

some weeks (months?) ago I posted a couple of Questions about my engine
running rough and dying.
Changed carb and kept fiddling with the mixture, nothing helped although the
carb change...
Forum: VW air cooled April 3rd 07, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By bug '59
Dual port resources

> schreef in bericht
>I just bought a 1969 std. Beetle. The engine is not original, as it's
> a 1600 cc dual...
Forum: VW air cooled March 14th 07, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By bug '59
A Stunning VW Trident T4 Motorhome for Sale

"paule" > schreef in bericht
>A friend of mine has a really stunning VW Trident T4 Motorhome for sale
>which he has...
Forum: VW air cooled March 13th 07, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By bug '59
stock 69 aircleaner

"anton" > schreef in bericht
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just got an stock air cleaner for 69, since I've never seen one I am a
Forum: VW air cooled March 12th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By bug '59
tour de alps

"Dennis" > schreef in bericht
> On Mar 11, 4:11 pm, Manfred Braun > wrote:
>> some pics of our last...
Forum: VW air cooled March 6th 07, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By bug '59
when did it change?

".

> In the '90s I believe.
> --
> Howard Rose

For real?
I always thought it was aftermarked..
Sorry for the mis info.
Forum: VW air cooled March 6th 07, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By bug '59
when did it change?

AFAIK Never. At least in EU
The seal is suposed to sit in on the body, however it is a collector of dirt
and moist so it will rust easily.
If the seal is placed on the hood (or engine lid) the...
Forum: VW air cooled March 2nd 07, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By bug '59
deck lid ID please

"tricky" > schreef in bericht

> "bug '59" > wrote in message
Forum: VW air cooled March 1st 07, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By bug '59
deck lid ID please

"tricky" > schreef in bericht
> http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/RichAAC-UK/DSCF0005-1.jpg
>
> can anyone tell me what...
Forum: VW air cooled February 25th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By bug '59
Fun with parts

On Feb 21, 12:51?pm, "dragenwagen" > wrote:
> Isn't it nice to know...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 96