Showing results 1 to 25 of 92
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Forum: Ford Explorer January 17th 07, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
BLown OD repair update - 92 4x4 with automatic

Ashton Crusher wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:13:11 -0600, "oklaman" > wrote:
>
> >a dealer told me once to never tow in OD. however, others have said no
> >problem with doing this.
Forum: Ford Explorer January 12th 07, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
What happened

Ashton Crusher wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2007 17:35:30 -0800, wrote:
>

> >Big Shoe wrote:
> >> For some time, I have thought that the reduced activity in this group
> >> is due to the...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 10th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
What happened

Big Shoe wrote:
> For some time, I have thought that the reduced activity in this group
> is due to the later models having fewer problems to talk about.

Traffic is declining in most all of Usenet. ...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 9th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Keyless Entry findings

OK, for a lazy guy this was tough, but I got it all figured out.

Those of you who said the door locks should work were right. I shot
some WD40 in them, twisted the key back and forth a few times and...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 8th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
What happened

Jim Mc Donald wrote:
> Did this group disband??
>
> --
> Long life, good health and friendship.

People get busy over the holidays. Now they're playing with their new
game console. ;-))
-Paul
Forum: Ford Explorer January 8th 07, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Keyless Entry

Jim Warman wrote:
> To be honest, if your car has daytime running lights, I would leave them
> be.... I cannot recall how many times that the sight of oncoming DRLs has
> kept me from passing, even...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 8th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Keyless Entry

Jim Warman wrote:
> You door lock question has been answered quite well..... (FWIW, if something
> "seems" abnormal, there is a very good chance that it is).
>
> As for the headlights (and this is...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 7th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Keyless Entry

I recently bought a used 2000 XLT with keyless entry. It also has key
locks on the front doors and tailgate. The key opens the tailgate, but
doesn't turn the front door locks.

This is the first...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 2nd 07, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Speedometer suddenly inaccurate

Bob wrote:
> 1994 Explorer XL auto trans, Suddenly the speedometer is reading about
> 10-15 MPH faster than actual speed. Less of a difference at slower
> speeds. What could cause this? thanks.

I...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 1st 07, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
99' Explorer Speedometer

dosio wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I've got Explorer 99' , sport , 4x4, OHV engine. Recently I've noticed
> speedometer' lights quit on me, and only one is working. Is anybody have
> experience of...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 27th 06, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 engine fuel pump

angelinthesky wrote:
> The electric fuel pump quit running on my 95 explorer. Do you know the
> location of the reset switch button? I am taking it to the shop if anyone
> knows where the switch is...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 22nd 06, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
1999 Ford Explorer Transmission will not hold back...

jsandlin wrote:
> I have a 1999 4WD Ford Explorer. 1st gear will not hold back at all. I
> put it in first, and coast down a hill. Once i reach a certain
> speed/rpm, it is like it is in...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 21st 06, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2003 explorer----replacing brake rotors

Steven Hilgendorf wrote:

> Try knocking the rotor(s) loose with a big hammer.

There was a recent thread where a guy had both rear wheel bearings go
out after having his brakes worked on. I'd go...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 15th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
1998 Ford Explorer engine noise

wrote:
> Just bought a 98' Explorer and had some questions regarding some noise
> I hear under the hood. The truck starts fine, idles fine everything
> works great. When I go to...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 14th 06, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Clutch issue - 92

Vic Klein wrote:
> I am with you, Anthony. Manual transmission is now a "premium" item
> available of Cadillacs, Lincolns, and even Hummers...but not the Expolorer.
> Mine has been rock solid and a...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 12th 06, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Repair shop rate

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Per my earlier post (Clutch issue 92), I've decided, as advised, to have the
> clutch fluid replaced. A Ford dealer says they can do this and test the
Forum: Ford Explorer December 11th 06, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Clutch issue - 92

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. After looking at more past posts here and elsewhere,
> I'm concerned it may be one of the slave cylinders. I went under the truck
> today and saw...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 11th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Clutch issue - 92

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> It's also possible the leaking seals are in the slave cylinder.
> Getting to it is a major repair effort.

If the slave cylinder leaks it's external- fluid is lost, and the...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 9th 06, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Clutch issue - 92

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Just wondering if anyone has suggestions.
>
> My 92 XLT (85,000) exhibited a clutch pedal -to the-floor problem last
> night.
>
> The clutch reservoir took ...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 5th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
98' Mazda B4000 RWD 5spd HARD to shift into 1st from stop

wrote:
> No grinding just hard to get into gear with clutch all the way down.
> While at a stop, effort is less if you go from 2nd to 1st gear then let
> out the clutch. My syncros...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 4th 06, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Radio output suddenly distorted

Bill Jeffrey wrote:
> The radio with 6-disc CD changer in my '02 Explorer.
>
> This unit has worked well since Day 1, until recently when the audio
> developed a kind of frog-in-the-throat...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 28th 06, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
94 Explorer - anti lock brakes pulsing when parking

Randy Johnson wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> For the past few months, my anti-lock brakes will activate when pulling
> into a parking space. It can be a shock sometimes when you feel like your
Forum: Ford Explorer November 27th 06, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Relays

fladevil wrote:
> How do you check to see if a relay is bad, besides buying a new one?

The simple thing to do is swap with another relay of the same type
(same part number). It's unlikely that you'd...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 26th 06, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 5 speed not engaging in 4hi or 4low

medic wrote:
> transfer case problem not engaging in 4hi or 4 low light stays on wont
> turn off uless you turn car off, here a clicking in back panel , had
> truck serviced ,ford states that cant...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 25th 06, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Turns Over, No Start -- NoSpark

J Adams wrote:
> Pulled a plug from No5 cylinder and no spark.
>
> Replaced plug wires (found a cracked one) and replaced the EGR
> solenoid - it was bad.

OK, if you don't have spark none of that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 92