Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: george taylor
Forum: VW air cooled June 3rd 09, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By george taylor
kind of off topic

The question is where is that written, what department states that. I
checked with the DOT and FTC and both were not sure.
"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled June 2nd 09, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By george taylor
kind of off topic

Does anyone know how long auto manufactures are required to make parts for a
specific model? I have an 03 Nissan frontier and need to get a part from
them that is not available from the after...
Forum: VW air cooled May 26th 09, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By george taylor
Memorial Day

We always are giving thanks to those that did serve (as we should always
do), but we can never forget the families of those who have.
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled April 22nd 09, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By george taylor
Is this a scam or what?

Most people are getting these. We got them for both my Nissan and my wife's
07 Honda. The ones we got really are from a real company, but the cost of
the "extended" warranty is outrageous. I did...
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 09, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By george taylor
bolt pattern

Is that also the same as a Bus?
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "george taylor" > wrote in message
Forum: VW air cooled April 16th 09, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By george taylor
bolt pattern

What is the bolt pattern for a 66 Bug/Bus?. Looking for the mesurment so I
can get a wheel adapter made to put a 5 lug rim onto my camping trailer
thatI am finishing up.
Forum: VW air cooled April 6th 09, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By george taylor
Bay Window Windows

If you are talking abou the vent window on the drivers and pass side front
door, Wolfsburgwest has complete new units for $79.
> wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled April 5th 09, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By george taylor
My slugish Vanagon problems, solved!

Ok we finally figured out the damn problems. Ok for starters I was slightly
low on trans fluid. I had checked it a few times, but I think I mad a
mistake while doing it, not having it running and...
Forum: VW air cooled April 3rd 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By george taylor
rubber parts supplier

I will be starting the resto of my 66 panel. where is a good and relatively
inexpensive place/places to get stuff?
Forum: VW water cooled March 26th 09, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By george taylor
slugish vanagon

Yes That was one of the first things that I did, all good. At least that is
what I think they were around 130, been a while, did that last fall.
> wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled March 26th 09, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By george taylor
slugish vanagon

Yep, know all of those guys, just trying to figure this out before I take it
to them for a 2 bit item.
"PeterD" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled March 25th 09, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By george taylor
slugish vanagon

The problem I am having is this. If I am going up a hill, I live in NH, the
van has a hard time staying above 25. I have changed the fuel pump, filter
and plugs. I have also checked the air flow...
Forum: VW air cooled March 12th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By george taylor
pop out window installation

You will also need the screw plate that the screws go into. It gets wedged
between the window lip and the hinge itself.
"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled February 19th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By george taylor
Stock Steel Wheel Care Tips Needed - Help Please!

What I would do is take them to a place that does sand or media blasting
(monument places also do it) and have all of the paint removed. Then take
them to a powder coating place. That way you know...
Forum: VW air cooled January 23rd 09, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By george taylor
Got some snow today.

Where are you from? I am in NH and I still have about 2' in my yard. we are
expecting about 1 to 2 more inches this week. I am having a hard time
finding places to put some of it. one snow bank is...
Forum: VW air cooled November 28th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By george taylor
trying to get a 56 running

I am going to be tinkering with it tomorrow and if I remember correctly the
plugs just looked black. Not wet, just some carbon build up. I tried to get
a set of plugs at the local Advance and they...
Forum: VW air cooled November 27th 08, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By george taylor
trying to get a 56 running

Oh ok. That is one of those wires you just hold in your hand and put close
to something grounded right? :) Did that once, and only once. Thanks.
"Speedy Jim" > wrote in...
Forum: VW air cooled November 27th 08, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By george taylor
trying to get a 56 running

Ok realy stupid question, What is the HT lead?
"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message
> george taylor wrote:
>> Ok I have a 56 t2...
Forum: VW air cooled November 27th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By george taylor
trying to get a 56 running

Ok I have a 56 t2 (Ambulance) that I just got and am having trouble getting
her started. It has about 25k on the clock fyi. I have changed the gas, (sat
for 3 years) and have replaced the battery...
Forum: VW air cooled November 11th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By george taylor
72 Bus exhaust header leak

Ok this may not be the most correct way to do this, but had a similar
situation on my 85 (I know!)westy. I had to take 2 gaskets to stop one of
the exhaust ports from leaking. It did the...
Forum: VW air cooled October 28th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By george taylor
can anyone recommend a cross country car mover?

I used Interstate Van Lines to ship a Thing from VA to NH. Considering the
fuel cost it was fairly reasonable, $1000. the only thing you have to think
about if you want to go this way is if you...
Forum: VW air cooled October 27th 08, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By george taylor
Rust question

Ok for all of you body guys out there here is a question. back in '92 when
my father got me my first car, '70 Bug, I had it repainted. I striped all of
the paint off with a paint striper and told...
Forum: VW air cooled October 27th 08, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By george taylor
VWs.

Thanks to all of you that have served/serving
"LLBrown" > wrote in message
> off topic, but thanks for your service!

Forum: VW air cooled October 11th 08, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By george taylor
Source for hood vent cover

If I remember, inside there are 2 flapper (one on each side) and they should
have some foam on them, or at least that is what was on mine. I don't think
that it was something that someone did after...
Forum: VW air cooled October 5th 08, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By george taylor
Klasic Fab

Anyone get stuff from them? And if so how is the stuff quality and price
wise?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29