Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Asgeir Nesoen
Forum: Simulators October 22nd 12, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
Racing sims and NVidia 3D vision? Any good?

Ah. Makes sense. I would expect Vsync to be a requirement for stereo 3d
vision...

But I can't believe game houses still let vsync "lock" the physics model
because there really is no need to.

The...
Forum: Simulators October 21st 12, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
Racing sims and NVidia 3D vision? Any good?

Instead of cashing out and buying a unit, does anyone here have any
experience with the NVidia IR transmitted 3D vision goggles?

Is it hard on the GPU? CPU? Flicker? Useful in racing sims? Is it...
Forum: Simulators July 1st 11, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 33
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

I got the very same feeling from seing that video. It seems like they're
working on something of value: Simulating contact patch/surface
interaction like they seem to be doing is the way to go.

At...
Forum: Simulators July 1st 11, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 33
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

I got the very same feeling from seing that video. It seems like they're
working on something of value: Simulating contact patch/surface
interaction like they seem to be doing is the way to go.

At...
Forum: Simulators October 6th 08, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
iRacing - Throttle-On Braking with the F-Mazda

Simulating a bottom-out situation is extremely difficult since you go
from a well-controlled physics environment (suspension movement being
controlled in a predictable and "calculatable" way), to a...
Forum: Simulators October 6th 08, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
iRacing - Throttle-On Braking with the F-Mazda

The traditional european way of braking is the heel-toe technique, i.e.
braking with your heel as you throttle with your toe.

The traditional american way of scrubbing off speed is just to stomp...
Forum: Simulators August 29th 08, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 57
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
iRacing: The race that changed my mind!

I never said outside passing cannot be done, I just said that passes
should be performed on the inside, as a general rule.

In addition the inside/outside pass was discussed here in context of...
Forum: Simulators August 29th 08, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
IRacing, Safety Rating and fear factor

A sour reply needs a sour answer.

On 28.08.2008 12:41, * Byron Forbes wrote:

> If you think implementing this sort of stuff is easy then you're
> kidding yourself.

If you compare this...
Forum: Simulators August 28th 08, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
IRacing, Safety Rating and fear factor

Yeah, I know: A bunch of the sim racing guys are exploiters, and would
figure out how to maintain their silly driving style with the least
impact on their SR.

However, I think this is one of the...
Forum: Simulators August 28th 08, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 57
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
iRacing: The race that changed my mind!

The braking early bit is only approprioate when the lapper moves to your
inside before approaching the braking zone; this way he'll pass you well
before turn-in, and you'll make the turn with full...
Forum: Simulators August 26th 08, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 57
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
iRacing: The race that changed my mind!

A pass, for position or lapping, should always be performed on the
inside, and never on the outside. Outside passing will cause accidents
all the time, and this will make everyone frustrated.

The...
Forum: Simulators August 25th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
IRacing, Safety Rating and fear factor

It outght to be fairly easy to build a system where the most rudimentary
info was considered, like, position on road, speed relative to average
speed at the point, if brakes are used heavily the...
Forum: Simulators June 26th 08, 09:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 99
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
iRacing = crack in a box

As a casual simracer my problems are as follows:
1) I would like to spend 4(ish) hours pr week on sim racing
2) I would like to do as much quality racing as possible in my limited
simracing slot

I...
Forum: Simulators May 19th 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
French And CERN Build Massive Particle Accelerator (Black HoleGenerator) Unknown Planetary Risk To Create BIG BANG

Shift-R? What does shift-R do? Which game?

--A--

On 02.05.2008 01:50, * Byron Forbes wrote:
> "Frank Adam" > wrote in message
>
> Yeah, but shift - R is cheating...
Forum: Simulators April 4th 08, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 35
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
"Hey Pat Dotson, Can I Try Yer Setup?" - ARCA Sim Racing

Man, I was referring to the statements of Byron, and not to your
specific "dilemma", or explanation of why you did what you did. You had
your perfectly good reasons for not endulging the endless...
Forum: Simulators April 2nd 08, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 35
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
"Hey Pat Dotson, Can I Try Yer Setup?" - ARCA Sim Racing

Being nice to a fellow racer is not an intelligent reason, then. If that
is the case, then racers have helped each other for ages for no
intelligent reason at all.

If that is intelligence, I'd be...
Forum: Simulators March 14th 08, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 118
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
IRacing Pricing

Well, I disagree on a number of points, but I'll start with a field of
which I know a lot, namely recognizing minute changes in pitch.

I play several instruments, and I'd say I would be able to...
Forum: Simulators March 11th 08, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 118
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
IRacing Pricing

I disagree; I would say that the sensation of speed actually *is* one of
the aspects of racing that may be simulated properly.

What kind of sensory input do you have when out on the RL track? You...
Forum: Simulators November 8th 07, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
GP2+Dosbox

Is it only me, or is it usually the LCD that "stretches" the image to
fit 16:10?

*My* LCD has options for this, at the least (Dell 2405 something), I can
choose 1:1, 4:3 or Fill so that graphic...
Forum: Simulators August 9th 07, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
iRacing Who?

I really think racing in a well-goverend league with top-notch sim
racers and real life racers alike would definately be appealing to me,
since the scourge of online racing seems to be the...
Forum: Simulators July 16th 07, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
Simulation

Hush! Hush! Keep it down or Bruce will post a thunderous speech on
grammar and spelling.

Those of you that remember Bruce (he's 82, you know) know what I am
talking about, and those of you who...
Forum: Simulators May 21st 07, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
The Regulars Summer Series (F-BMW, Megane, V8Factor)

Unfortunately, these races take place way too late for us central
europeans... Racing in the middle of the night on a work-next-day-night
is too much of a stretch for the average family man...

I'd...
Forum: Simulators May 9th 07, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
Left foot breaking uncomfortable

Lol, I didn't bother to read through the entire thread, so I read your
post after writing my own. And I thought I was the only smart guy
around, hehehehe. Well, king for a day. Or smartass for...
Forum: Simulators May 8th 07, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
Left foot breaking uncomfortable

The muscle accuracy of your left foot needs some heavy practice in order
to do a good job at braking. That'll come around eventually.

But, and this is important: You need not hover your left foot...
Forum: Simulators April 25th 07, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Asgeir Nesoen
Seeking full motion system

I think they had a baseline system without wheel, pedals, cannon etc etc
going for 10k USD... Within reach, in other words...

I think they'd actuelly be able to sell a few thousand of a model in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44