Showing results 1 to 25 of 329
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Iva
Forum: Mazda February 28th 11, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By Iva
215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

Stephen Toth wrote:
<snippage>

> I look forward to the S.drives in a month or so, and would like
> to hear
> your experience if you go that way.

I put the S.drives on last year and ran them...
Forum: Mazda January 27th 11, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Iva
air bag light 1990 Miata

Mac wrote:
> Cleaning the switch seems to have taken care of the issue. has
> turned
> over and started up every time since and no issue with the air bag
> light or the wipers. thanks for all the...
Forum: Mazda January 22nd 11, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 17
Posted By Iva
I passed!

Stephen Toth wrote;
> RIP OFF??
> You are getting off easy.
> Here in SE PA, the emission test is $44.00 to test the gas cap
> for
> leaks, and read the OBDII info from the car.
> Older non OBDII...
Forum: Mazda January 20th 11, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 31
Posted By Iva
Off Topic question

XS11E wrote:
>"Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>
>> Still out of my price range for a goof-around / weekend car.
>
> My price range limits me to vehicles from Tonka or Matchbox
> Miniatures... <sigh>

Heck,...
Forum: Mazda January 14th 11, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By Iva
Thinking about an NB

miker wrote:
>Iva wrote:
>> My '90 was perfectly happy with the lowest octane gas. Ran
>> like a trooper no matter what the conditions or acceleration.
>> The '04 prefers the mid-range octane...
Forum: Mazda January 14th 11, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By Iva
Thinking about an NB

miker wrote:
> Thanks Iva. Can you elaborate on the fuel thing?
>
> Seems like many don't like the NB seats. Are there reasonable
> aftermarket solutions, rather than adapting old NA seats?

Forum: Mazda January 12th 11, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By Iva
Thinking about an NB

miker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's been a fun year with my Ranger - hauled my motorcycle around a
> few places including the Rockies and Black Hills, and driving a
> vehicle so invisible that it has...
Forum: Mazda March 8th 10, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 103
Posted By Iva
Just for Fun

Chris wrote:
> What is it you miss so much about the NA? I loved mine but I
> love the 99 even more. I don't think there's much of a chance
> that I'd go back to the NA on my next one, even though...
Forum: Mazda March 7th 10, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Iva
White stuff from the sky! OT

Pat wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>
>> We got a little sleet and a little bit of snow (big wet flakes
>> that would melt right when they hit) here in the Land of
>> Sugar,
>>
>> Chris
>> 99BBB

Forum: Mazda March 7th 10, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 103
Posted By Iva
Just for Fun

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas
> folks have owned and approximately how many miles they have put
> on those Miatas.
>
> To start it off I...
Forum: Mazda March 7th 10, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 14
Posted By Iva
Just for the h_ll of it ;-)

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Well, I'm almost posting this just because there hasn't been
> enough activity here lately ;-) Come on guys, there is
> interesting stuff (miata related) going on out there,...
Forum: Mazda December 11th 09, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 16
Posted By Iva
Hard Top Time

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
"> Ya, there are several good things about the hard top and most
of them
> involve really cold weather but you mention another, that
> visibility issue is a big one. The hard...
Forum: Mazda December 11th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 65
Posted By Iva
Who's hanging out here these days?

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Iva, you were #17! Did you have the 04 2 yrs ago or have you
> 'upgraded'? I don't remember. Speaking of which, I've gone past
> 110k now and still in love ;-)

I got the...
Forum: Mazda December 2nd 09, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
> Let me try this again w/o the attachment to see if that works
> better.

Still here...
Forum: Mazda October 31st 09, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Iva
Synthetic Oil switchover at 77,000 miles? OTM question

"XS11E" wrote:
<snippage>
> All of the above is of no consequence, Pat deserves to be
> whacked
> multiple times with a Miata lug wrench for re-starting the
> DREADED OIL
> THREAD! <g>
>
> And to...
Forum: Mazda October 16th 09, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 70
Posted By Iva
1959 Bel Air versus 2009 Malibu - NMC but at least car-related

"Tim M." wrote:

>I want a 1959 Chevy El Camino (based on the Bel Air chassis) but
>modified like this:
>
>http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0806tr_1959_chevy_el_camino/photo_05.html

But does...
Forum: Mazda August 19th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 23
Posted By Iva
Slippery when wet - or how one little 180 can be rather expensive

Frank Berger wrote:
> pws wrote:
>
>> There have been no unintentional spin-outs in a Miata yet, out 10+
>> years and 150,000+ miles of Miata driving.
>> Two decades of experience and a torsen rear...
Forum: Mazda August 17th 09, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

John McGaw wrote:
> XS11E wrote:
>> Bruno wrote:
>>> Time has passed so now I can write about my little incident
>>> without cursing :-)
>>
>> Wow, that's bad, I'm very sorry!

Ouch ouch. Sorry to...
Forum: Mazda August 15th 09, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By Iva
it lives!

"peter" > wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have been sporatically posting about my long 95 re-rebuild
> and
Forum: Mazda August 15th 09, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Iva
Ideal winter garage

Lanny Chambers wrote:
>Tim M.wrote:
>
>> I'm no expert, but I do recall once reading a magazine article
>> on the
>> subject that said that keeping a car that's been subjected to
>> salty
>> slush...
Forum: Mazda July 26th 09, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Iva
Yokohama S-Drive vs. Toyo T1-R?

"johnny p." > wrote in message
> Hello group!
>
> I'm getting close to the end of my second set of 195-50-15
> T1-Rs on the
> mighty...
Forum: Mazda June 25th 09, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 20
Posted By Iva
Miata vs. 18 wheeler

xyzzy wrote:
>George Jetson wrote:
>> http://gallery.me.com/textbound#100114
>>
>> Jim
>
>Don't let my wife see that or she'll demand that I sell the Miata.

Make sure you have her read the blog...
Forum: Mazda June 18th 09, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 14
Posted By Iva
anyone upgraded 1st gen to current Miata

"xyzzy" > wrote in message
>I have a 1996 Miata that I bought new. Obviously my wife and I
>are
> now...
Forum: Mazda June 13th 09, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 25
Posted By Iva
Got any Miata peeves? Or hidden likes?

Ephar wrote:
> On 6-Jun-2009, "Iva" > wrote:
>
>> With a roll bar, the NB is not so great - I still have to get
>> out
>> to put up the top.
>>
>> Compared to my 1968 MGB, putting the...
Forum: Mazda June 6th 09, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata