Showing results 1 to 25 of 480
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: motsco_[_1_]
Forum: Honda July 27th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
Honda Odyssey Brake Caliber

motsco_ wrote:
> Honda-Man wrote:
>> I have a shimmy in the wheel when pressing on the brake. So I was all
>> set to change the front brakes and rotors, but then realized the
>> driver side front...
Forum: Honda July 27th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Honda-Man wrote:
> I have a shimmy in the wheel when pressing on the brake. So I was all set
> to change the front brakes and rotors, but then realized the driver side
> front caliber wiggles. It...
Forum: Honda July 27th 08, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
93 CIVIC EX ABS LIGHT STAYING ON...

wrote:
> When you start the engine, the ABS light goes right off. Then, at
> about 10 MPH, it goes on and stays on.
>
> Any ideas as to what it most likely is? It just...
Forum: Honda July 26th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
FUEL GAUGE 93 CIVIC EX SENDING UNIT OR GAUGE DEFECTIVE ??

wrote:
> Just bought the car, the fuel gauge always stays on full. Wondering
> what is most likely the problem.
>
> Thanks in advance!

=======================

I had a...
Forum: Honda July 24th 08, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
need advice on acceleration problem

ap wrote:
> hello,
>
> I've had this problem on my 2001 4-cyl accord (automatic) for a while.
> It has 55K miles on it.
> When accelerating from a low speed, the acceleration is often not
> smooth,...
Forum: Honda July 22nd 08, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
'95 Civic auto trans.--hard to shift

Steven L. wrote:
> I have a '95 Civic, about 85,000 miles on it (I don't drive it that much).
>
> The automatic transmission shift lever used to be very easy and smooth
> to shift. But not...
Forum: Honda July 22nd 08, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
Brake shoe break-in procedure?

Mark G. wrote:
> Good afternoon.
>
> I am about to install a new set of rear brake shoes on my 1991 Accord.
> What is the correct procedure to break them in properly?
>
> Thanks
Forum: Honda July 22nd 08, 10:46 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
Slop in Gearshift

Big Brother wrote:
> 98 Civic LX w/ 5 speed manual trans..121,000 miles
>
> Car shifts fine through all gears...No shifting problems whatsoever..
> but there is a awful lot of "slop" with the...
Forum: Honda July 18th 08, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
Accord transmission problems - best approach?

Dave Garrett wrote:
> Well, it finally happened. A couple of days ago, the CEL came on in my
> wife's 98 Accord V6. She also reported that she thought the car wasn't
> shifting normally. I drove it...
Forum: Honda July 16th 08, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
'95 Civic DX bogging until warm

mkcarguy wrote:

> It still stalls when the engine is cool. So, does that means I need to
> adjust the FITV? It seems like when it was more open there was a
> roaming idle but when I closed it all...
Forum: Honda July 14th 08, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:
> Recently, I purchased a '95 Civic DX with about 226k on it. When I
> first got it, when the engine was cold it would have a roaming idle
> between 500 and 2k RPM. I...
Forum: Honda July 10th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 33
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
A/T skipping 1st gear

Charles wrote:
> Dabbler wrote:
>>> Be sure you get the "bad" computer module if they replace it.
>> Only the solenoid will be replaced.
>
> Oops. I was thinking solenoids and wrote computer...
Forum: Honda July 9th 08, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 33
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
A/T skipping 1st gear

Dabbler wrote:
> My '94 Accord LX never had a transmission problem before but today,
> after a short stop, I had a hard time getting the car rolling. It was as
> if you tried to start a manual...
Forum: Honda July 5th 08, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
Mercon 5 = Honda Z1 ATF ?

Tube Audio wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a 2004 Honda Civic and would like to change the ATF fluid.
>
> The owners manual lists Honda ATF Z1, so I guess I need to go to the dealer?
>
> I was at...
Forum: Honda July 2nd 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
1998 Honda Accord EX 4cyl Transmission Problems?

wrote:
> Hello, Group:
>
> I have more information on my problems with my Accord. After taking
> it to the repair shop to have the O2 sensors and the CAT replaced, the
> car...
Forum: Honda June 25th 08, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
CRX ELECTRICAL- Odd batt drain - A little more info please.

Meatman wrote:
> Originally posted here...I can't find it to paste in. Bottom line:
> batt drains seemingly at random til car is dead, dead, dead. Can
> happen driving or overnight. New batt. Alt...
Forum: Honda June 13th 08, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
2003 civic cd player

Timothy Stoughton wrote:
> the cd resist ejection. err comes on is it just dirty. any quick fix
> thanks
------------------

If disconnecting the battery doesn't fix it, you may have a DIY sticky...
Forum: Honda May 29th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
ABS Light Indicator On : Can Any Old Mechanic Handle ?

Jeffy3 wrote:
> Our 2004 Accord's ABS light indicator goes off and on. I understand it
> needs to be hooked up to a diagnostic computer to see what the error
> message is.
> I was wondering if...
Forum: Honda May 28th 08, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
2003 Pilot sometimes makes a tired, winding, whining noise...timing belt?

DC wrote:
> The Pilot has about 55k miles on it, and sometimes makes this tired,
> winding, whining noise when starting up or idleing. I want to say its
> a belt of some sort, but I've had the belts...
Forum: Honda May 26th 08, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
electrical problems after cleaning windows

sean_n wrote:
>> Your battery terminals (or the ground lug at the far end of the black
>> one) are loose or corroded. Those kind of problems are temperature
>> sensitive, as is the Main Relay...
Forum: Honda May 26th 08, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 13
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
'95 Civic--intermittent A/C cooling problem

Steven L. wrote:
> motsco_ wrote:
>> Steven L. wrote:
>>> I have a 1995 Honda Civic with only 80,000 miles on it.
>>>
>>> There's a mysterious intermittent cooling problem that two mechanics
Forum: Honda May 25th 08, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

sean_n wrote:
> Hello, I have a 93 honda accord ex, 4D sedan.
>
> yesterday my car was working fine. today, i wiped my car windows, all
> of them, with a wet sponge. so obviously some water...
Forum: Honda May 22nd 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
Transmission/Axle Problem

Caesar wrote:
> I recently had my front axle replaced. About a week afterwards the
> transmission went out. The guys at the transmission shop told me the
> failure was caused by the axle being chewed...
Forum: Honda May 21st 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

Steven L. wrote:
> I have a 1995 Honda Civic with only 80,000 miles on it.
>
> There's a mysterious intermittent cooling problem that two mechanics
> have so far failed to fix: The A/C just stops...
Forum: Honda May 20th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By motsco_[_1_]
SRS Honda Fit