Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 1.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 97tjMike
Forum: Jeep October 26th 07, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 75
Posted By 97tjMike
Pine needles in defroster duct

On Oct 25, 6:45 pm, John > wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> So I turned on the defroster in my '98 TJ for the first time in months
> today, and the smell of burning pine needles...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 07, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Oct 25, 10:10 pm, XS11E > wrote:
> John > wrote:
> > I'm looking for opinions on whether I should try to tear right
> > into it and disassemble the entire...
Forum: Jeep October 12th 07, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By 97tjMike
Liberty with a Plow Attachment?

On Oct 12, 2:07 pm, Moody > wrote:
> Does anyone know if a Jeep Liberty can be fitted with a snowplow
> attachment????

These guys have one for the Liberty, as long as its...
Forum: Jeep October 11th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 31
Posted By 97tjMike
08 Wrangler Changes?

Hey everyone

Just curious if anything was changed on the 08 Wrangler. I know like
with the TJs they changed around little things from year to year. Just
wondering what was changed from the 07.
Forum: Jeep September 18th 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By 97tjMike
leaking coolant

On Sep 17, 8:34 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
> 97tjMike wrote:
Forum: Jeep September 18th 07, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By 97tjMike
leaking coolant

On Sep 17, 11:20 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> 97tjMike wrote:
> > I replaced the evaporator core on a 2001 XJ this past weekend. The
> > heater hoses were old and they had to be...
Forum: Jeep September 17th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By 97tjMike
leaking coolant

I replaced the evaporator core on a 2001 XJ this past weekend. The
heater hoses were old and they had to be cut off, so we did that and
replaced them with new ones. Everything went smoothly, and...
Forum: Jeep August 26th 07, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By 97tjMike
TJ not returning to center after turn

On Aug 25, 11:40 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
> 97tjMike wrote:
> > On Aug 25, 7:35 pm, 97tjMike > wrote:
> >> On Aug 25, 12:12 pm, Mike Romain...
Forum: Jeep August 26th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By 97tjMike
TJ not returning to center after turn

On Aug 25, 7:35 pm, 97tjMike > wrote:
> On Aug 25, 12:12 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
>

> > I had a grabbing and not returning issue on my CJ7 a bit ago. ...
Forum: Jeep August 26th 07, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By 97tjMike
TJ not returning to center after turn

On Aug 25, 12:12 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
> I had a grabbing and not returning issue on my CJ7 a bit ago. I checked
> the steering shock first and found out it wasn't a shock,...
Forum: Jeep August 25th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By 97tjMike
TJ not returning to center after turn

I have a 1997 TJ Sport with power steering. I posted this question a
while ago but never really got an answer. The problem is that the
steering wheel does not *completely* return to center after a...
Forum: Jeep August 18th 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Jeep Wrangler High Idle Problem

ok tested.
closed: .938v
open: 3.9v

defective TPS?

On Aug 15, 5:50 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
> You can do a voltage test on it.

Forum: Jeep August 16th 07, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Jeep Wrangler High Idle Problem

AC? I have a JEEP remember?!?!?!? jk thanks for the specs I'll test it
tomorrow. One question...there are 3 terminals, which ones do I hook
up the multimeter to?

On Aug 15, 5:50 pm, Mike Romain...
Forum: Jeep August 15th 07, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Jeep Wrangler High Idle Problem

The Wrangler was in high idle today so I decided to investigate. I
disconnected the TPS Sensor and the idle went back down to its normal
RPMs. I then reconnected it and the RPMs went back up. Tried...
Forum: Jeep August 14th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Jeep Wrangler High Idle Problem

How would the TPS affect idle speed? From my understanding, it is just
a sending unit, meaning it can only give information to the PCM but
cannot receive and therefore manipulate any settings.

On...
Forum: Jeep August 13th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Aug 12, 9:42 pm, Jeff DeWitt > wrote:
> 97tjMike wrote:
> > Hello Everyone:
>
> > I have a 97 TJ and 95% of the time it idles perfectly. However, about
> > 5% of the time,...
Forum: Jeep August 13th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Jeep Wrangler High Idle Problem

On Aug 12, 9:42 pm, Jeff DeWitt > wrote:
> 97tjMike wrote:
> > Hello Everyone:
>
> > I have a 97 TJ and 95% of the time it idles perfectly. However, about
> > 5% of the time,...
Forum: Jeep August 13th 07, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Jeep Wrangler High Idle Problem

Hello Everyone:

I have a 97 TJ and 95% of the time it idles perfectly. However, about
5% of the time, usually when the vehicle has been run for more than 20
minutes or so, the idle in neutral or...
Forum: Jeep August 8th 07, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By 97tjMike
replace wheel bearing Jeep TJ 2000?

I used an impact wrench. It's a lot easier because otherwise you just
end up spinning the whole shaft with a breaker bar. I suppose on the
rear you could set the e-brake though.

On Aug 7, 5:56 pm,...
Forum: Jeep August 7th 07, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By 97tjMike
replace wheel bearing Jeep TJ 2000?

36mm is correct, at least on the front hub. Just did mine last week. I
rented it for free from Advance Auto Parts.

On Aug 6, 9:03 pm, jbjeep > wrote:
> If I recall correctly, you will...
Forum: Jeep August 6th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By 97tjMike
fuel line diameter

anyone know it on a TJ? specifically the rubber section coming from
the pressure regulator.
Forum: Jeep July 29th 07, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Popping noise when turning

OK I took everything apart and put it back together. No difference.
Then I swapped out the new hub with a more expensive one, and the
problem went away. I guess China doesn't know how to make 'em....
Forum: Jeep July 28th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Popping noise when turning

ok ok you guys were right...I was wrong. The noise still occurs. I
removed and repeated every step from the other day. I found no loose
bolts or anything. When I put everything back together the...
Forum: Jeep July 27th 07, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Popping noise when turning

To clear a couple of things up. First of all, I bent back my dust
guard on the brakes and the problem lessened. Now it hardly happens. I
guess it was just everything "settling in." With that problem...
Forum: Jeep July 26th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By 97tjMike
Popping noise when turning

Hello everyone:

I replaced my right front hub assembly yesterday, and everything was
ok right after, but now I am noticing a popping noise (multiple times,
like pop pop pop pop) when turning or...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73