Showing results 1 to 25 of 311
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Art[_1_]
Forum: Honda April 27th 09, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 17
Posted By Art[_1_]
2009 CR-V Navigation System

Yup..... why get a built in system for $2k when you can get a portable for
$150. You will be paying more than $150 per year for updates on the Honda.
On the other hand at least the one on our...
Forum: Honda April 20th 09, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
Posted By Art[_1_]
odd question

Are you talking about the van? It has adjustable pedals.

<.> wrote in message ...
> My wife who is either 5'1" or 5'2" and thin to normal build sat...
Forum: Chrysler April 19th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Art[_1_]
Anyone know what a 1984 Chrysler New Yorker door hinge look like?

Check out a junk yard. Should be able to find replacement there.

> wrote in message news:BAuGl.22785$Db2.1022@edtnps83...
> Son bought the car with 70000km so it doesn't look...
Forum: Honda April 16th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Art[_1_]
Does anyone know what the 2010 Accord might be like?

Assuming the car didn't come with them, you may be able to replace the bulbs
with HIR. About 50% more light. I did it on a 2005 Accord. You may have
to trim the base to fit. Well worth it...
Forum: Honda February 9th 09, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Art[_1_]
Reliability of 2003-2005 honda hybrids? Used car shopper here.

I've owned a 2005 Accord hybrid and now a 2008 Camry hybrid.

If I was on your budget I would buy a non hybrid rather than a vehicle with
so many miles on it.

"jonceramic" >...
Forum: Honda February 9th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 61
Posted By Art[_1_]
Chevrolet Malibu sales jump 51.5%; dealers pleased

I replaced 3 out of 4 2005 Accord hybrid bulbs without looking at the manual
(upgraded them to HIR). Got stuck on the 4th one and looked at the manual
and found that all were easier than what I...
Forum: Honda February 9th 09, 01:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 61
Posted By Art[_1_]
Chevrolet Malibu sales jump 51.5%; dealers pleased

I've rented one twice on trips. Nice car but not perfect. Interior a bit
cramped and gaudy. Seemed that they copied the Accord but made it smaller.
Would have been better off copying the...
Forum: Chrysler February 1st 09, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Art[_1_]
Heck, Mr. President - Why don't we see if we can make things worse...

Nothing to stop the manufacturers from building to the highest spec......

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> The key...
Forum: Technology January 11th 09, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By Art[_1_]
41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

The Fusion is based on a Mazda and Volvo platform. Wonder what happens when
Ford sells those brands. Otherwise it seems like quite a nice car and the
hybrid an excellent...
Forum: Honda January 10th 09, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Art[_1_]
2008 Honda Element SC Driver's Auto Up WIndow Reverses

It is under warranty so get it fixed. My 3 year old van has same feature
and works perfectly every time.

"ndccpf1" > wrote in message...
Forum: Honda December 21st 08, 04:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 89
Posted By Art[_1_]
More on the bailout

Unfortunately the bigger problem is the pension owed retired workers.
Toyota and Honda don't have similar cost issues.

"Rock Hardson" > wrote in message...
Forum: Chrysler September 28th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Art[_1_]
2001 Concorde

Can't help with the battery but with blinking lights try working the switch
to clean the contacts. Chrysler reads resistance to multiplex some of the
simple stuff and a dirty switch will throw...
Forum: Chrysler September 18th 08, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 17
Posted By Art[_1_]
Modify a Crossfire ?

Well in fact it isn't just a Mercedes but it is basically an old model with
mediocre handling for a sports car.
And in the past there have been some posts about it .... mostly about the
difficulty...
Forum: Chrysler September 12th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 17
Posted By Art[_1_]
Modify a Crossfire ?

I have a better solution. Don't buy a Crossfire.

"Sir Dive-a-Lot" <SDaL @ underwater.blub> wrote in message

> I have put my eye on a nice...
Forum: Chrysler September 8th 08, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Art[_1_]
02 Town and Country -power doors

First look for soft drink residue.

"chris ernst" > wrote in message
>i have an 02 town and country with power sliding door and...
Forum: Chrysler September 3rd 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Art[_1_]
08 Minivan gas mileage question?

At least in 2006 when I bought my Odyssey, there were 2 versions of the
engines. One could turn off some cylinders when coasting, the other could
not. Only the upper grades got the better gas...
Forum: Chrysler August 31st 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Art[_1_]
08 Minivan gas mileage question?

Is the lift installed? That is probably a couple of hundred extra pounds
you are carrying right there.

A power chair weighs 250 pounds too.

By the way if you haven't bought a lift yet, check out...
Forum: Honda August 29th 08, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Art[_1_]
Major slippage on 2003 Accord

Check the fluid and head back to the dealer. Be sure only to add the right
fluid. Not a substitute.

"Jason Bourgeois" > wrote in message...
Forum: Chrysler August 27th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 12
Posted By Art[_1_]
2001 LHS. Need new warranty

Well his window motors are likely to break unless they fixed the problem by
2001 which I doubt. They cost about $500 per door if I remember correctly.

"Bill Putney" > wrote in...
Forum: Chrysler August 12th 08, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Art[_1_]
Way OT, but way IMPORTANT, IMO - Check your tires

Here is a link to Obama's plan so you can compare it to the Bush/McCain
plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/energy/

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message...
Forum: Chrysler August 7th 08, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Art[_1_]
Way OT, but way IMPORTANT, IMO - Check your tires

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> Pete E. Kruzer wrote:
>> Mut my brother in law sent this to me. I think it is well worth
>> seeing.

Forum: Technology August 1st 08, 06:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 46
Posted By Art[_1_]
New thread on 'Top Tier' gasoline...

My understanding is the top tier gas just refers to additives which may help
keep the engine cleaner. There would be no impact on mpg which would
probably be most affected by ethanol content as...
Forum: Chrysler August 1st 08, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 27
Posted By Art[_1_]
Chrysler Suicide Watch 37: No Lease on Life

We had a 94 LHS and 99 300M. Both great cars. Unfortunately there is not
a single Chrysler made right now that we would consider buying.

My wife drives a Camry Hybrid and gets at least 35 mpg in...
Forum: Technology July 18th 08, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.camry
Replies: 37
Posted By Art[_1_]
Wheels' Lug nuts loosened unexpectedly

When was the last time you had your torque wrench calibrated?

"Built_Well" > wrote in message...
Forum: Chrysler July 9th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Art[_1_]
2008 Town & Country rear bumper problem

It it were me I would glue it down rather than have him screw something else
up.