Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SteveH
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 25th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 6
Posted By SteveH
159 Diesel

Dave Emerson > wrote:

> "TonyB" > wrote in message
> > Thinking of buying a 159 oil burner,...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 18th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Catman > wrote:

> > No, he's not a hairdresser. I think he's not ghey, either. But you never
> > know ;-)
>
> *slap*
>
> Prius driver.

It's free, has a nice stereo...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 18th 09, 04:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

R C Nesbit > wrote:

> Catman spoke:
> > >
> > > ..not...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 18th 09, 04:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Catman > wrote:

> There's no real reason an SZ cant be run every day. I've not read
> SteveH's post yet, but I suspect it's along the lines of '75 running
> gear,...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 18th 09, 12:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Zathras > wrote:

> Mind you, IMHO, an SZ/RZ will mark you as a serious car collector but
> would it spend 99% of its life getting polished and left in your
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 17th 09, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Catman > wrote:

> While I'm not going to be Alfaless any time soon, I suspect my next car
> but one will probably not be an Alfa.

Stop showing off ;-)
--
SteveH...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 17th 09, 11:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Zathras > wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 22:09:17 +0100, (SteveH)
> wrote:
>
> >Now, about those roof racks and bike racks...
>
> The 156...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 17th 09, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Zathras > wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:26:10 +0100, Catman
> > wrote:
>
> >Nearly had a proper flame war as well.

Forum: Alfa Romeo October 17th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Catman > wrote:

> > Anyway, a prize should go to Rab C for starting the biggest thread in
> > AAA-R for..er..how long?! 8-O
>
> *ages*
>
> Nearly had a proper...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 17th 09, 09:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Zathras > wrote:

> >Ford have even had issues with the Focus and MkIII Mondeos and rust.
>
> Even so, looking about, most cars do seem to last better than my...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 16th 09, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Zathras > wrote:

> >Was it shunted and repaired?
>
> Nope. Never. Seams along the sills inside the doors were growing and
> other seams were too, one door...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 16th 09, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Tony R > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
>
> > Hi Tony.... didn't realise you were still about!
>
> Still lurking occasionally! Wifey has a Fiat 500 and my eldest...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 16th 09, 10:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Tony R > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
>
> > For the rest of us manly drivers, lift-off oversteer is a desirable
> > characteristic.
>
> You didn't say that about the...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 16th 09, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Catman > wrote:

> > Not the last few weeks but August was total ****. I think the extreme
> > wetness to be found in these parts helped my Alfa to rust more than I
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 14th 09, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

Dave Emerson > wrote:

> > /me sides with Steve on this. But we don't have enough regs to have a
> > proper jihad
>
> FWD cars should have their "best" tyres on the...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 14th 09, 02:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

J.D. > wrote:

> "R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> > The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 11th 09, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By SteveH
Pikey tyres

R C Nesbit > wrote:

> The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my
> financial partners pulled out in June I am flat broke most
> of the time.
>
> So I called in to...
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 28th 09, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 9
Posted By SteveH
3 Questions in 1 post...

europe.news.astraweb.com <GT> wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > GT > wrote:

Forum: Alfa Romeo September 27th 09, 01:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 0
Posted By SteveH
Sportwagon Tailgate Trim Removal

Any ideas?

I need to gain access to the rear wiper, which has a minor electrical
issue - probably a fault in the muti-plug.

If I wiggle it, the wiper works, but won't stay working.

Cheers.

--
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 26th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 0

No connection, other than being a subscriber to the forum, but thought
this may interest someone he

http://forum.alfa156.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=54487&PN=1

As you can see from my reply,...
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 25th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 9
Posted By SteveH
3 Questions in 1 post...

GT > wrote:

> Q3 - Turbo / Supercharger:
> Installing a turbo or supercharger to a 156 2.0JTS: expensive or not? Would
> it require new, stronger parts in the engine -...
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 22nd 09, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 3
Posted By SteveH
156 at the end of the world...

GT > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > Took the 156 down to the West Country for...
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 21st 09, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 3
Posted By SteveH
156 at the end of the world...

Took the 156 down to the West Country for a long weekend.

Took in the Eden Project, Fleet Air Arm Museum and Lands End.

Total miles in the region of 650.

2 tanks of fuel burned.

Average MPG just...
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 14th 09, 09:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 57
Posted By SteveH
Poor 156

What has it done to deserve this?

http://www.gumtree.com/london/70/43256470.html

Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce...
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 9th 09, 11:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 50
Posted By SteveH
Just been to collect my 75