Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sanity Clause
Forum: Technology November 21st 16, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Sanity Clause
What is that car?

> wrote:

>> On Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 11:11:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:

> 1947 Talbot-Lago T-26 - Photos at: https://www.google.com/search..........

Responding to...
Forum: Technology October 10th 16, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Sanity Clause
brakes on a 2013 Toyota rave

> wrote:

> I put front and rear brakes on my toyota rav my wife tell me she has
> to put more pressure to stop and the front pads smell like they are
> heating up I did put...
Forum: Technology October 3rd 16, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Sanity Clause
Tire Aspect Ratios, High-vs-Low Profile, and Straight-line Stability

wrote:

> Traded in my 2013 Hyundai Sonata Ltd with 55 series 17"s for
> an Elantra with 65 series 15"s. Handling difference is NIGHT
> vs DAY! Elantra tracks straighter,...
Forum: Technology September 19th 16, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Sanity Clause
What's the precursor of the modern(?) slushbox ?

> wrote:

> I believe in the 40s there was a transition period before automatics started to rule
> the north america
> what was the hydraulics that used to mask the mistakes of the...
Forum: Technology September 17th 16, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Sanity Clause
Low growl from transaxle?

"geo pearl" wrote:

> The faster I go the more pronounced the noise is,
> however, usually the road noise from the tires
> drowns out the moan.
>
> Are there other places on the car that could be
Forum: Technology July 25th 16, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Sanity Clause
Little Deuce Coupe

"JR" Scribble:

> You are going to drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln......

Hey, buddy! How can I get this car out of second...
Forum: Technology June 18th 16, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Sanity Clause
The physics behind manual seats and dim instruments

"The Real Bev" wrote:

> > You can't "unadjust" it enough with the rocker switch on the side of the seat,
>
> This has manual seats.

What? The InterWeb lied?!?!?
One no-longer-trusted site said the...
Forum: Technology June 17th 16, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Sanity Clause
The physics behind worn tires and braking distance

"The Real Bev" wrote:

> Well, not COMPLETELY perfect. The lumbar support (like they all have
> now) makes me bend a bit backward so I can't rest my upper body against
> the seat back, but I figure...
Forum: Technology April 26th 16, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Sanity Clause
Car advice

"dsi1" > wrote in message ...

> > Driving on the 'wrong side of the road' (the left side) first got started in Scotland.
>
> This makes...
Forum: Technology March 18th 16, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Sanity Clause
Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

"P.O.'d Pete" wrote:

Here's the only part of your post that matters...

> Viva car tires, sold exclusively by Wal-Mart stores.

http://mythreecents.com/reviews/walmart-viva2
Forum: Technology January 25th 16, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Sanity Clause
I'm looking for a car

"JR" wrote:

> I also own a 1914 Ford Model T car. A very basic simple car.

And safe too, with the gas tank under the seat. ;-)
Then there's the always-fun 3 pedals on the floor, throttle and...
Forum: Technology October 27th 15, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Sanity Clause
Tech: weird starting problem 03 town car

"m6onz5a" wrote:

> Someone half assed installed the alarm. Bare wires everywhere.

So they forgot to tie the wire ends together using square knots, and
cover the "connections" with different colored...
Forum: Technology October 20th 15, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Sanity Clause
Save on cabin air filters

"Andy K" wrote:

> Cabin filter for my car is $15.
> I bought one inch foam and cut to size.
> $6 for enuf for 8 filters. :-)

Did you run any tests to make sure your miracle foam can trap...
Forum: Technology August 31st 15, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Sanity Clause
Did Buick make a 3.1L V6 for 2002 LeSabre?

"squid" > wrote:

> Really appreciate the assistance. Heard back from the seller who retracted
> the 3.1 to say it was indeed a 3.8. Now that that is straightened out it seems
Forum: Technology August 27th 15, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Sanity Clause
Late-1970s to Early-80s GM Midsized and Compact Car Question

> wrote:

> On GM's 1978 & later A-body midsized(of which I owned one),
> the backseat windows did not roll down. I recently found out
> that this was also the case with their...
Forum: Technology January 16th 15, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Sanity Clause
unlocking seat belt 2000 ford Taurus ( no accident)

> wrote

> We took the seat belts out to clean them and the driver one is retracted
> all the way in and won't come out! Oopsie! How do I fix?

Is it back in the car now, or...
Forum: Technology January 13th 15, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Sanity Clause
[rec.autos.tech] Mazda 6 2004 right front wheel clatter on breaking

"Electric Comet" wrote:

> > have you ever checked the brakes? KB
>
> The brakes checked out ok.

"Checked out" can mean many things, especially when said by someone
who doesn't even know if he has...
Forum: Technology December 28th 14, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Sanity Clause
Carburetor fuel cut solenoid questio (1986 Corolla FWD)

> wrote:

> I managed to mix up the two fuel cut solenoids in the carb,
> and unfortunately they fit perfectly either way.
>
> Which solenoid goes near the choke coil...
Forum: Technology November 23rd 14, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Replies: 73
Posted By Sanity Clause
Guy gets caught while trying to stop drivers from talking on cellphones while driving

"Jolly Roger" wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Technology November 4th 14, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Sanity Clause
water coming out from somewhere underneath, not the Radiator.. 95 escort lx

"Jeff or just jb" wrote:

> 95 Escort made loud screeching sound then noticed water coming out looks like
> coming from main shaft not Radiator, any advice would be thankful . Thanks
> again...
Forum: Technology October 22nd 14, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Sanity Clause
brake pipe body clamps?

"George" wrote:

> >As long as it's snug, and sorta where it was before, nothing else matters.
>
> I gather you don't worry a lot about following the twists and turns of
> the OEM pipe, then? That...
Forum: Technology October 21st 14, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Sanity Clause
brake pipe body clamps?

"George" wrote:

> >(04 Cavalier)
> >I'm replacing some (rear) brake line.

> What do ppl do, when they're doing an end-to-end line replacement?
> There's a youtube video (link below), where the guy...
Forum: Technology October 19th 14, 07:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Sanity Clause
What doee one call this?

"micky" wrote:

> >"Coroplast" is one just brand. More he
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrugated_plastic

> What I didn't expect is that those sheets have so many uses.

You mean like sliding...
Forum: Technology October 19th 14, 07:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Sanity Clause
OT for home repair -- Urgent -- How to remove rear lower control arm, Toyota?

"micky" wrote:

> >you need to remove everything else, then drop the "suspension member", the
> >subframe thing in the middle that all the side-to-side arms connect to.
> >Have fun. :)
>
> I don't...
Forum: Technology October 18th 14, 05:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

"micky" wrote:

> Respond as soon as possible please. Car up on stands right now. I want
> to take it down by 11PM at latest.
>
> Besides front end damage, that I've repaired, the rear forward...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49