Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Barnes
Forum: VW air cooled December 22nd 06, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff Barnes
PONY EXPRESS

THE NEWS LATELY IS AS FAST AS THE PONY EXPRESS. I hope the mailman is ok.
Forum: VW air cooled December 20th 06, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Barnes
leaky gas line

The metal gas line in my car is leaking drop by drop. How do you spice a
rubber tube to repair it? can you cut the rubber tube and add a stainless
steel clamp over it? They do this to water main...
Forum: VW air cooled December 18th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Barnes
VW & Dr. Rex Curry expose swastika symbolism of Nazism

I could have sworn I saw the vw symbol in one of the circles during the
Olympic games in Germany before the war.Can the great Dr Rex Curry figure
where the Number One Symbol came from.The finger...
Forum: VW air cooled December 18th 06, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Barnes
VW & Dr. Rex Curry expose swastika symbolism of Nazism

Only an idiot would think that VW stands for VICTORY at WAR VW. Almost
all people in power gain popularity with war and use it as a tool to be
remembered in History. Almost any big headed leader...
Forum: VW air cooled December 17th 06, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Barnes
VW & Dr. Rex Curry expose swastika symbolism of Nazism

If you play any vw commercial backwards you can here Hitler giving a
speech." Americans must buy this car"
"*Bill*" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled December 15th 06, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Barnes
clean electis stand

I own a small sand blaster and have used it on the tins. It leaves a rough
and dull surface not like its polished. Walnut shells may due the trick,but
I hate to seek the shells for a small item. I...
Forum: VW air cooled December 14th 06, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Barnes
new and sayin hi

hi flea ,do you play in a rock band?
"Flea" > wrote in message
> just joined up on the newsgroup so sayin hi
>
> got...
Forum: VW air cooled December 14th 06, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Barnes
clean electis stand

What's the best way to clean the aluminum alternator stand. A lot of elbow
grease?Any tips
Forum: VW air cooled December 12th 06, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeff Barnes
Type 3 Squareback, Need Info

My uncle use to sell vw's and I got to ride in most models{ eat your hearts
out}. nice car ,bad head space for a basketball team.Parts can be found on
the web.
"Speedy Jim" > wrote in...
Forum: VW air cooled December 10th 06, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Barnes
Blogging Apology

Is that motor that bad
"BobHoover" > wrote in message

> Freddy Badgett wrote:
>> Bob, any reasonable person who has...
Forum: VW air cooled December 8th 06, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Barnes
tell me why...

time to cat scan the unit and look in side in real time.
"tricky" > wrote in message
> Thats all I could think of too.
> I saw a garrett...
Forum: VW air cooled December 8th 06, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff Barnes
elec turbo

I just have to say you can buy a electric turbo for $99.
or some swamp land in Florida for the same price.
Forum: VW air cooled December 2nd 06, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Barnes
Herbie the Love Bug at the Thailand VW Club Race

If she sticks her butt out ,I'll give her a quick bang!
> wrote in message
> That's not very nice, how about Lindsay...
Forum: VW air cooled December 2nd 06, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Barnes
paint on tins

look at the ads--- eastwood products
"bug '59" > wrote in message

> "Jeff Barnes" >...
Forum: VW air cooled December 2nd 06, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeff Barnes
"Volkswagen Rabbit returns"

I had one, 1983 a very good car!Now I expect they want $20000 dollars.
"Mike" > wrote in message
> Volkswagen Rabbit...
Forum: VW air cooled December 1st 06, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Barnes
paint on tins

Power coat looks simple. Its all in the prep work to do it well. Like down
to metal prep.I have a cheap hand sandblasting unit that works good. Sears
has them for 100 bucks or so. You need a air...
Forum: VW air cooled December 1st 06, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Barnes
Back seat elec.

Ok this one for speedyjim, what do you call the electrical unit in the back
seat on the drivers side in a 1974 bug. solid state? is this unit tough to
replace?
Forum: VW air cooled December 1st 06, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Barnes
paint on tins

How much did it cost? did you try a home kit?I am still thinking what to do
with the engine sound proofing

"bug '59" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled November 30th 06, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Jeff Barnes
Tired of mechanics and the run around...

poor pay in the 80s didn't help.Dealership rip off, hire off the street with
no education.
"71-transporter" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled November 30th 06, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Barnes
paint on tins

what type of paint should on my tins? Engine paint.
Forum: VW air cooled November 28th 06, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Barnes
Herbie the Love Bug at the Thailand VW Club Race

I would like to shoot herbie in the rear tires.
> wrote in message
> Sorry I forgot to mention that Herbie was there...
Forum: VW air cooled November 28th 06, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jeff Barnes
seat frame

Good luck power coating and finding a big oven.
"anton" > wrote in message
> Hey Anthony,
>
> Probably that's the...
Forum: VW air cooled November 25th 06, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Barnes
riv riv zoom

Ok guys and girls, I have asked a lot of questions as I am not a mechanic
(no **** under your breath you say) but I am looking to get hp out of my
engine and car rebuild. Also I' am real...
Forum: VW air cooled November 25th 06, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Jeff Barnes
install turbo

my question has been answered. too bad they do not have a mini turbo kit
with out a lot of mods. It would sell good at $1300.
"anton" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled November 24th 06, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Barnes
weak wires

how can the wires get weak over 20 years. Is it necessary to rewire
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38