Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.71 seconds.
Forum: Technology February 10th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Cavalier won't move

Scott, you mentioned moving the car by hand in park. I can not do
this. The thing wont budge. But, interestingly, if I throw the car
in reverse and push forward, the car does in fact roll forward.
Forum: Technology February 10th 08, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Cavalier won't move

Thanks guys. I'll hope it's a C-V joint, knowing that's it probably a
transmission/new car.
Forum: Technology February 10th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Cavalier won't move

While driving up a highway ramp I lost all power in my 1996 Chevy
Cavalier (2.2; 99,000 miles). The car is an automatic.

When you hit the accelerator inn D, 1, 2, or R, the car will rev but
won't...
Forum: Technology September 21st 07, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Play in front tire

96 Cavalier. 90,000.

When I grab the front tire at the three and nine o'clock position and
force back and forth there is a little play. Hard to tell but maybe
half an inch at the very most. Not a...
Forum: Technology June 7th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
compression test variance

Ran a compression test on my car because it had been running hot. Was
told that it could be a head issue.

Cylinders 1, 2 and 4 had the same result: 185 psi.

Cylinder 3, however, was way out of...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 07, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
EGR woes

What would cause a 95 Cavalier to hesitate/buck? Happens when you
accelerate into the higher RPM of any gear. Buck, buck, buck. But
then when you shift to the next higher gear it goes away...until...
Forum: Technology January 24th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
infrequent car use

Thanks guys. Kind of thought so, but wasn't sure.
Forum: Technology January 19th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
infrequent car use

Have two cars.

The older of the two -- the 95 Chevy Cavalier -- I've been trying to
put as many miles on it as possible. Whenever we're driving around
town we use the Cavalier and whenever there's...
Forum: Technology October 31st 06, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
oil in transmission

Was able to drain the old stuff before I twisted the key. Am back to
normal again.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Forum: Technology October 29th 06, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
oil in transmission

Actually you're right, the Avalon does, in fact, have a drain plug.
Forum: Technology October 28th 06, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
oil in transmission

Did a dumb mistake this morning.

Mixed up the 10w-40 bottle with the transmission fluid bottle and
accidently poured motor oil into my Avalon's transmission.

Put about half a cup in (a cup at the...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12