Showing results 1 to 25 of 173
Search took 2.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Hunter
Forum: Honda October 19th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Replies: 108
Posted By Mike Hunter
Figuring Out How Much a Hybrid, Diesel, or Small Car Will Save Per Year

Thank goodness for all of you people that are willing to by hybrids. Not
only are you saving the world you are saving gasoline so there will be
enough gasoline for those can afford to own and drive...
Forum: Honda October 19th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Replies: 108
Posted By Mike Hunter
Figuring Out How Much a Hybrid, Diesel, or Small Car Will Save Per Year

I hope you figured out that 5k would have purchased ALL of the fuel one
would use in a Corolla for the first three of four years? Have you also
added into you calculations the $4,000 cost of...
Forum: Chrysler October 12th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 29
Posted By Mike Hunter
Polish for plastic lights

Clouded lenses are a result of improper maintance, over the years. Go to a
motorcycle shop and buy some of the stuff they sell to clean windshields.

If they are too bad. use a very mild rubbing...
Forum: Chrysler October 2nd 07, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 77
Posted By Mike Hunter
US car dealers turn away Canadian new-car buyers - is that legal?

There are no such laws. Franchise dealers have no obligation to sell to
anybody, just as they have no obligation to sell at a particular price.

There are restrictions when it come to which...
Forum: Honda July 6th 07, 07:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's smal car v large car thesis is correct

You are entitled to you own opinion. However I know better. ;)

mike

<under construction> wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:33:20 -0400,...
Forum: Honda July 2nd 07, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's smal car v large car thesis is correct

That's obvious, but it will be more danger to the passengers than if the SUV
his a large car. The fact is if a small car hits a small car their is a
greater chance that the properly belted...
Forum: Honda July 2nd 07, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's smal car v large car thesis is correct

Why do I not find it odd that you did not mention you served your country?
;)

mike
"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Mike Hunter wrote:
Forum: Honda July 2nd 07, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's smal car v large car thesis is correct

Our friend Scott would disagree. He says the opposite LOL

mike

> wrote in message
>
> Jeff wrote:
>> Mike...
Forum: Honda July 2nd 07, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's smal car v large car thesis is correct

Are you refer to my service in WWII? You, of course, are free to believe
whatever you choose. LOL

mike

"Jeff" > wrote in message
Forum: Honda July 1st 07, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's smal car v large car thesis is correct

I do not now, or have I ever owned an SUV. I am retired now and what I do
have is fifteen years of my thirty years experience, as an automotive
structural design engineer, designing automobile...
Forum: Honda July 1st 07, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's thesis??

Finding NG is not the problem, getting it to market is the problem. If you
ever fly over the Gulf of Mexico, look down. All those fires you will see
are the oil wells burning off millions of CF...
Forum: Honda July 1st 07, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's advice

Do what I do!! I try to ALWAYS travel more than 30 miles from home, since
my insurance agent told me most accidents happen within 30 miles of where
one lives ;)

mike

"Dave Kelsen"...
Forum: Honda July 1st 07, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Hunter
MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

Why do you find it necessary to smoke when you mow the lawn? ;)

> wrote in message

I don't mow the lawn...
Forum: Honda July 1st 07, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 39
Posted By Mike Hunter
2008 Smart commuter car gets 40 mpg and will selling in USA for $12k.

If one does a proper search one will discover the so called roll over craze,
pushed by the safety Nazis, was a ruse brought on by faulty Firestone tires
used primarily on SUVs.

The fact is far...
Forum: Honda June 29th 07, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 46
Posted By Mike Hunter
Comment on car insurance

If I paid $900, less than I pay now, my insurance would be free and they
would indeed owe me money.. LOL

mike

"Unquestionably Confused" > wrote in message...
Forum: Honda June 29th 07, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 46
Posted By Mike Hunter
Comment on car insurance

I don't know. I have yet to have a claim against my policy with No Mutual
of Nigeria. ;)

mike

"rick++" > wrote in message...
Forum: Honda June 29th 07, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 39
Posted By Mike Hunter
2008 Smart commuter car gets 40 mpg and will selling in USA for $12k.

At the price of $16,000 for that midget two passenger car, to drive on
American highways, to save a relative few hundred dollars a year, one would
be better off just buying a actual
coffin for...
Forum: Honda June 29th 07, 07:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 46
Posted By Mike Hunter
Comment on car insurance

I had Travelers but switched to Geico to save the 15% they advertise. Then
to Erie to save the 15% they advertise. Then I switched to All State to
save the 15% they advertise. I figure if I...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 8th 07, 06:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Hunter
Resistance Across Positive & Negative Cables

Diodes

"Joe Colella" > wrote in message
> When I measure the resistance (-)COM electrode to negative cable
> and (+) electrode to positive cable, I...
Forum: 4x4 June 8th 07, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 80
Posted By Mike Hunter
"ENVIRONUTS"

Get real, I did not make any "statement," about paleoclimatologists. What
I said was search their sites, where they report on long term research, to
see what they are saying about hurricanes ...
Forum: Driving June 8th 07, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 80
Posted By Mike Hunter
"ENVIRONUTS"

Get real, I did not make any "statement," about paleoclimatologists. What
I said was search their sites, where they report on long term research, to
see what they are saying about hurricanes ...
Forum: Driving June 8th 07, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 80
Posted By Mike Hunter
"ENVIRONUTS"

Are you really that slow, or just looking to be heard? ;)

mike

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> "Mike Hunter"...
Forum: 4x4 June 8th 07, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 80
Posted By Mike Hunter
"ENVIRONUTS"

Are you really that slow, or just looking to be heard? ;)

mike

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> "Mike Hunter"...
Forum: Driving June 7th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 80
Posted By Mike Hunter
"ENVIRONUTS"

Food Stamps?

mike

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
Forum: 4x4 June 7th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.4x4