Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RD Jones
Forum: Ford Mustang August 13th 10, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By RD Jones
REQ: advice on '65 coupe restomodding

On Aug 12, 12:51*pm, Andrew > wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> After years of slugging away at an old 6-banger and fixing this and
> fixing that, I have made up my mind... I am getting...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 17th 10, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 8
Posted By RD Jones
What happened to the Mustang-R's?

On Jul 16, 2:41*pm, Rich > wrote:
> Don't recall seeing any lately.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/competition/default.asp

Apparently they are no longer homologated through the...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 15th 10, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 25
Posted By RD Jones
T-Frog, Your New V8 LX May Be In The Pipeline

On Jul 14, 9:00*pm, Sarah Ehrett > wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:41:47 -0700 (PDT), RD Jones >
> wrote:
>

> >On Jul 11, 1:11*pm, Sarah Ehrett...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 14th 10, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jul 11, 1:11*pm, Sarah Ehrett > wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 19:27:07 -0500, Rich > wrote:
> >"dwight" > wrote in
Forum: Ford Mustang July 14th 10, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By RD Jones
95 Mustang Correct tire size.

On Jul 13, 8:44*pm, FalconGuy > wrote:
> What is the correct tire size for base model GT with V6?

No such thing as a "base model GT with V6"
All GTs came with 5.0L V8, and...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 11th 10, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By RD Jones
Doable or Royal PIA?

On Feb 10, 3:30*pm, NoOp > wrote:
> Damn 17-year old cars. *The door hinges on my 1993 Cobra driver's door
> are showing their age. *The door squeaks while driving on certain
Forum: Ford Mustang January 30th 10, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By RD Jones
Good Article On The New Coyote/5.0 Engine

On Jan 18, 6:49*pm, NoOp > wrote:
> Check out 5.0 Magazine's March issue. *It's a very comprehensive
> article.

A couple of disappointments in reading the article.

Bore spacing...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 12th 10, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By RD Jones
It's cold here in Minnesota!

On Jan 11, 4:46*pm, dickr2 > wrote:

> > I'll have to visit him and check out some of his old R/S 440 Hemi vehicles.

> Oops, that should be R/T 440 Hemi - I got confused...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 30th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By RD Jones
The Z/28 Returns with 556 HP

> > "John S." > wrote in message
> >> Could say the same about the 2010 Mustang.... I loved my 2002
> >> Mustang and really loved my 2005 Mustang.... But sorry, the 2010
Forum: Ford Mustang August 18th 09, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 81
Posted By RD Jones
Cash for clunkers?

On Aug 10, 8:19*pm, "Frank ess" > wrote:
> "Consumer Bob" on local tv "news" just did a little feature where he
> showed several of the traded-in clunkers (that word has been used...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 18th 09, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By RD Jones
problem ?

On Aug 16, 6:13*pm, "green" > wrote:
> car is still having problems, runs for about 3 min then starts cutting out
> completely.
> changed the coil, TFI, plugs, wires, fuel filter,...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 5th 09, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 81
Posted By RD Jones
Cash for clunkers?

On Aug 4, 7:38*pm, "Dick R." > wrote:
> Anyone here want to trade in their "gas guzzling" Mustang
> or any other vehicle for a new ... Toyota or another mundane
> vehicle? I didn't...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 25th 09, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By RD Jones
1989 door panel speakers

On Jul 20, 8:04*pm, mrsask > wrote:
> Hi
> I have read a number of posts on this but am looking for some recent
> info. *And, before I try to take off panels and covers (and...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 2nd 09, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By RD Jones
Fox body Mustangs and ... - Dwight

On Jun 1, 6:13*am, "dwight" > wrote:
> "Mike Lenker" > wrote in message

> > "dwight"...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 2nd 09, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On May 30, 9:24 pm, "Dick R." > wrote:

> I don't know about the Mustang fog lights, where they were located, or
> availability of replacement glass.
> My Capri looks exactly like the...
Forum: Ford Mustang May 1st 09, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 21
Posted By RD Jones
fiat

On May 1, 2:00*pm, columbotrek > wrote:

> note: *There must be a way to drive the front wheels with out CV joints
> and their flimsy boots. *I owned a Jeep 4X4 and it...
Forum: Ford Mustang May 1st 09, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By RD Jones
get 2009 tuned to get rid of the bog?

> "RD Jones" > wrote in message
>
> Do all of the 2005 and newer V8 Mustangs have this "drive-by-wire" ?
> 2004 the last year for manual throttle bodies ?
>
> Yeachhh

On May 1, 7:11...
Forum: Ford Mustang May 1st 09, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Apr 29, 7:47*pm, "Martin Walker" > wrote:
> > How do i get rid of the bog down when you step on the pettle ?
> > Car should go fast but delays acceleration?
> > Why?...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 19th 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 8
Posted By RD Jones
1967 Mustang Disc Brakes

On Apr 16, 8:37*pm, "Big Duke" > wrote:

> A good friend of mine just bought a 1967 Mustang. *The front brakes are
> disc. He and I are wondering did disc brakes come from the...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 26th 09, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By RD Jones
!997 Mustang GT

On Feb 25, 7:59*pm, (R Vk) wrote:
> I have a 1997 Mustang GT, 4.6L. I am looking for some good, cheap, ideas
> to make it faster. I am thinking of buying an Acufab 70mm Throttle...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 17th 09, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By RD Jones
Worst case with bad TO bearing

On Feb 16, 10:42*am, "Mark G7#9" > wrote:
> Hi,
> Looks like my clutch has a bad throw-out bearing. It's very noisy but
> the car drives ok for now. Do I have much time before...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 5th 09, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By RD Jones
1988 Mustang - Horn won't stop beeping :)

On Feb 5, 2:54*pm, Marc > wrote:
> It may not have been the easiest but it was the quickest (that part
> just clips in). The horn is on constantly...after checking even when
Forum: Ford Mustang March 11th 08, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By RD Jones
'09 Challenger compared to '71 Mustang

On Mar 10, 8:22*pm, wrote:
> The '09 Dodge Challenger is out in the mags (C&D, R&T, etc.) in
> "Preview" type stories. This thing is huge -- wider than the Dodge
> Charger, whose...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 1st 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By RD Jones
89 GT computer and GT40x kit

On Feb 28, 10:10*pm, wrote:
> So with a major upgrade like this will the stock computer have any
> problems?
>
> GT40X top end kit:
> Kit Includes:
> Cobra Intake
> GT-40X...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 25th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By RD Jones
The Windsor Makes a Comeback! ... correction

On Feb 22, 12:57*am, RD Jones > wrote:

> Ford has already cast some 5 litre modular iron blocks in the 4.6L
> deck height. Probably the last castings out of Windsor before it
Showing results 1 to 25 of 56