Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dennis[_2_]
Forum: Technology May 28th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

"Steve" > wrote in message
> jim wrote:
>>
>> Steve wrote:

Forum: Technology May 27th 08, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Dennis wrote:
>> "jim" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology May 27th 08, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "Dennis" > wrote in message
>> After reading the post from Mike I checked to see if...
Forum: Technology May 26th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

"jim" > wrote in message

> Brent P wrote:
>>
>> On 2008-05-26, jim <".sjedgingN0sp"@m> wrote:
>>
>> > By law (in the US) it is required to...
Forum: Technology May 26th 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

"ray" > wrote in message
> [...]
Forum: Technology May 26th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

"jim" > wrote in message

> Dennis wrote:
>>
>> My wife drives a 2001 Jeep Wrangler six cylinder. We bought it new and
>> it
>> has 74,000...
Forum: Technology May 26th 08, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> The 4.0 is known for sludge buildup on short trips.
>
> It uses a CCV system...
Forum: Technology May 26th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

"lugnut" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 25 May 2008 19:22:34 -0500, "Dennis"
> > wrote:
>
>>My wife drives a...
Forum: Technology May 26th 08, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Engine oil and Sludge

My wife drives a 2001 Jeep Wrangler six cylinder. We bought it new and it
has 74,000 miles. She works 1 1/2 miles from home, so I'd say 70% of the
miles are from short trips.
I installed new valve...
Forum: Jeep February 25th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Removing the head on a 4.0 Wrangler

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
> "XS11E" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep February 24th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Removing the head on a 4.0 Wrangler

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Outatime wrote:
>> Dennis wrote:
>>
>>> I have noticed that the seams on the...
Forum: Jeep February 24th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Removing the head on a 4.0 Wrangler

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep February 23rd 08, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"mr.som ting wong" > wrote in message
> your have a 8 -80 emissions warranty on the cat and i have replace many
> lifters
> in the 4.0 for noise...
Forum: Jeep February 23rd 08, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
> Mike Romain wrote:
>
>> Dennis wrote:
>>> Hi, I have a 2001 Wrangler 4.0. I need to replace...
Forum: Jeep February 23rd 08, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Outatime" > wrote in message
> Dennis wrote:
>
>> I was using Fram filters and the lifters would clatter on hot or cold
Forum: Jeep February 23rd 08, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Removing the head on a 4.0 Wrangler

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Dennis wrote:
>> Hi, I have a 2001 Wrangler 4.0. I need to replace the valve...
Forum: Jeep February 22nd 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Removing the head on a 4.0 Wrangler

Hi, I have a 2001 Wrangler 4.0. I need to replace the valve lifters. Can
some one tell me if the head can be removed with the intake and exhaust
manifolds attached. or do they have to come off...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Removing the intake and exhaust manifolds

"DougW" > wrote in message
> Dennis wrote:
>> I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 engine.
>> I need to remove the...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"ufatbastehd" > wrote in message
> On Feb 16, 1:23 pm, "Dennis" > wrote:
>> I have a...
Forum: Jeep February 16th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Removing the intake and exhaust manifolds

I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 engine.
I need to remove the intake and exhaust manifolds. After evaluating the
situation it looks like some of the mounting bolts are almost impossible to...
Forum: Technology February 15th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Which head gasket should I buy?

"anumber1" > wrote in message
> Dennis wrote:
>> I'm going to be replacing the head gasket on my Jeep Wrangler soon. My
>> two...
Forum: Technology February 14th 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Which head gasket should I buy?

I'm going to be replacing the head gasket on my Jeep Wrangler soon. My two
choices of gasket sets was Fel-Pro or Victor. The Fel-Pro head gasket set
cost about three times more than the Victor set....
Forum: Technology January 31st 08, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Bubbles in the coolant tank

Thanks for the information.

Dennis
..
Forum: Technology January 30th 08, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Bubbles in the coolant tank

If your'e getting bubbles in the coolant tank is this a for sure sign of a
problem such as a cracked head or leaking gasget?
If I rev the engine I will get a few bubbles and then they stop.Is this...
Forum: Technology September 6th 07, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Dennis[_2_]
Nissan DTC P1273

Friend has 2005 Nissan Sentra with the 1.8 engine and 40,000 miles.
The car has a hesatation when stepping on the gas. There is a DTC set which
is P1273.I found two different web sites with Nissan...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 56