Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 3.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: m
Forum: Technology March 28th 09, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By m
2005 Escape Oil Pan Bolt Too Tightly Torqued

Actually when I tried to remove the bolt, I did not have a very long
wrench and perhaps I couldn't get enough torque to break the bolt
loose? Seemed like I did but I got a bit paranoid when I saw...
Forum: Technology March 28th 09, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By m
2005 Escape Oil Pan Bolt Too Tightly Torqued

Recently tried to do my own oil change on my Escape. I tried to unbolt
the plug drain (15 mm bolt) and found that I couldn't budge the bolt.
I will bring it back to the mechanic who did the last oil...
Forum: Technology March 24th 09, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By m
Oil Pan Drain Plug Bolt 05 Escape stuck

Tried to change the oil in my 05 Escape. This is the first time I
attempted to do an oil change on this vehicle. Previously, I had my
mechanic do the oil changes. I decided to attempt it myself to...
Forum: Technology March 17th 09, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By m
95 Jeep Cheroke Rear Spring Problem

No, the shock itself is rotted, not the mounting interface.
Yes, it is a rust bucket but I like it.

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:15:07 -0500, "HLS" > wrote:

>"m" >...
Forum: Technology March 17th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By m
95 Jeep Cheroke Rear Spring Problem

hock == shock. Sorry, this HP Pavillion Laptop has a crappy keyboard.

The rear shocks are pretty much shot. I never saw a shock absorber
that rusted out. This Jeep resided near the Atlantic Ocean,...
Forum: Technology March 15th 09, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By m
95 Jeep Cheroke Rear Spring Problem

I just noticed that my rear leaf springs on my 95 Jeep are really
corroded bad. Some of those retainers that cover the rivets are rotted
off.
I have never had springs replaced before. Is this an...
Forum: Technology March 15th 09, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Grand Marquis Idler Arm Bolt Loosened?

Yes, they inspected everything. They are probably afraid of loosing
business, but I'm not blaming them, I think the body shop is the
culprit.

What really gets me is that my 18 year odl daughter is...
Forum: Technology March 15th 09, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Grand Marquis Idler Arm Bolt Loosened?

The steering was not sloppy until the bolt slipped out of the hole.
This is why I think that the second shop took off the bolt and didn't
bother to replace it. Again, the second shop was...
Forum: Technology March 15th 09, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Grand Marquis Idler Arm Bolt Loosened?

The car handled great before the idler arm became disconnected. Yes it
is one of those castellated nut with cotter pin. My mechanic told me
that the bolt is press fit into the idler arm and since...
Forum: Technology March 14th 09, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Grand Marquis Idler Arm Bolt Loosened?

Big Disaster: I reently had suspension work doen to my Grand Marquis,
about 3 months ago. Yesterd my 18 year old daughter tells me that the
car steers terrible. I crawled underneath the car and...
Forum: Technology January 25th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By m
Update 98 Grand Marquis Performance post frame straightening

Recently posted here about my 98 Grand Marquis accident The upper
control arm bracket was bent, and the spindle and stering knuckle.
Had all of this repaired for $1032.00
When I first drove the car...
Forum: Technology January 25th 09, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By m
Final Price to Repair Gran Marquis Frame etc

I'm not sure why these guys don't want to bother getting used parts.
Seems like it would be agood idea, but I'm guessing that they don't
want to take the time to look for used parts

On Sat, 24 Jan...
Forum: Technology January 24th 09, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By m
Final Price to Repair Gran Marquis Frame etc

I recently posted ere about my 98 Gran Marquis accident that bent the
frame. The damage caused the driver side front wheel to bend in at the
top out at the bottom.
The frame was bent near the upper...
Forum: Technology January 5th 09, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By m
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

Thanks for your reply, Bill. The hood opens and closes okay. No miss
alignment there. All dorors open and cloe okay. My brother (who is
also my mechanic) had the car towed to a good body shop. The...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 09, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By m
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

Is it possible that the steering knuckle is all that is bent? My
brother really couldn't see wat was bent, just peeling paint. The
wheel is bent out, that is the top of the wheel now rubs the...
Forum: Technology January 1st 09, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By m
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

No it's not particlarly high, but if it was a 100 ksi high strength
steel it would be tough to perform frame straigteniing. It's also
fortunate that steel does'nt have "creep" problems like...
Forum: Technology January 1st 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By m
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

Yah I meant that but what happens to the place where they attach the
chain or what ever they use. My brother ordered the new upper conrol
arm before he realized the frame was bent. He says he won't...
Forum: Technology January 1st 09, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By m
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

RK Thanks for the input.

How do they actually pull the frame?

I'm actually a mechanical engineer with a stress analysis background
so I know a lt about yielding materials, for instance, standard...
Forum: Technology December 31st 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By m
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

Yes, I'll get an estimate and post it. I have no idea how high it can
be.

I do know that my daughter is lucky she didn't get seriously injured
and it's a good thing she was driving a big car like...
Forum: Technology December 31st 08, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By m
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

The problem with junking the car and buying an equialent one is that
for $2,000 I will probably get a car that need lots of repairs. This
car has new tires, brakes, tie rods, ball joints. If I buy a...
Forum: Technology December 31st 08, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By m
98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?

REcently posted here about my 98 Grand Marquis auto accident involving
my daughter.

We originallythought it was the upper cotrol arm but that isnot the
problem.

Turns out that the frame is...
Forum: Technology December 29th 08, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By m
98 Gran Marquis Accident Bent Wheel

It turns out that th only thing wrong is a bent upper control arm.

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:31:05 -0600, Paul > wrote:

>m wrote:
>> The wheels are steel. I hadn't thought of the...
Forum: Technology December 28th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By m
So who is at fault for this accident

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:08:17 -0500, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>m wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:58:39 -0500, Nate Nagel >
>> wrote:

Forum: Technology December 28th 08, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

>m wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:41:29 -0500, Nate Nagel >
>> wrote:

Forum: Technology December 28th 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

>m wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:21:12 -0500, Nate Nagel >
>> wrote:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 31