Showing results 1 to 25 of 110
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Forum: BMW December 31st 10, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.cadillac,aus.cars
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Automotive Slogan War Heating Up

On Dec 31, 1:21 pm, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
> "Comments4u" > wrote in message

Forum: BMW December 31st 10, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.cadillac,aus.cars
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Automotive Slogan War Heating Up

On Dec 31, 1:21 pm, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
> "Comments4u" > wrote in message

Forum: Driving December 31st 10, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.cadillac,aus.cars
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Automotive Slogan War Heating Up

On Dec 31, 1:21 pm, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
> "Comments4u" > wrote in message

Forum: Technology September 30th 10, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Replies: 127
Posted By [email protected]
2012 Ford Focus Gets 40 MPG Highway, Pressuring Hybrids

On Sep 29, 7:26*pm, john > wrote:
> Ford expects that its 2012 Ford Focus, which will be shown at the
> Paris Motor Show, will get 40 miles per gallon on the highway, an 18%
Forum: Technology August 15th 10, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
My ONE complaint with my Scion tC

On Aug 15, 12:14 am, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> The seats absolutelty SUCK! They're friggin horrible! Didn't anyone sit
> in the damn things before they sold them?

I thought...
Forum: Technology August 9th 10, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Replies: 143
Posted By [email protected]
$20,000 over sticker for Chevy Volt is simply supply and demand

On Aug 9, 11:08*am, Michelle Steiner > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> wrote:
> > I wouldn't buy one...
Forum: Technology August 9th 10, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus

On Aug 8, 11:16*pm, john > wrote:
> "So you think the Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost too much? Tell
> that to the Chevy dealer who has already decided to charge $20,000
Forum: Technology July 25th 10, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Hesitation at middle RPM under moderate load

On Jul 24, 1:40 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:12:45 -0700, nm5k wrote:
> > But if you buy gas at 7-11's etc, all bets are off as to what
> > they use....
Forum: Technology July 24th 10, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

On Jul 24, 12:29*pm, Clive > wrote:

> Many moons ago, when cars had carburettors, it was not uncommon to take
> off the air filter, rev the engine and pour Red-Ex...
Forum: Technology July 24th 10, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Hesitation at middle RPM under moderate load

On Jul 24, 8:56*am, "Ray O" >
wrote:

> > Clive
>
> I have not run across valves with deposits in a long time - *I suppose that
> the fuel additives actually...
Forum: Technology July 24th 10, 05:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

On Jul 24, 11:07*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

> >And another bottle of Techron.
>
> I don't know how much good that stuff really does, but it won't hurt.
> --scott

It works pretty...
Forum: Technology July 23rd 10, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

On Jul 22, 7:14 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> The car in this case is a 1989 Mazda 626. It was running great until the
> day before yesterday, and turned 190,000 miles last...
Forum: Technology April 1st 10, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 269
Posted By [email protected]
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

On Apr 1, 1:56*pm, Michael > wrote:
> On Mar 29, 5:41*pm, jim beam > wrote:
>
> >http://www.dtsc.ca.gov/TechnologyDevelopment/OPPTD_FLY_High-Efficienc...

Forum: Technology March 18th 10, 04:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Single Event Upsets: Cosmic radiation makes Toyota computers gohaywire?

On Mar 17, 10:43*pm, john > wrote:
> Electronics makers have known for decades about "single event upsets,"
> computer errors from radiation created when cosmic rays strike...
Forum: Technology February 19th 10, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
Toyota Corolla May Be Recalled over Steering Problem

On Feb 18, 6:37*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> wrote :
>
> > Myself, I think most of the
> > problem is...
Forum: Technology February 18th 10, 03:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech

On Feb 18, 6:54*am, Tegger > wrote:
> john > wrote in news:53abe15c-ca24-451e-92cb-
> :
>
> > Many owners have...
Forum: Technology February 18th 10, 05:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech

On Feb 17, 9:30*pm, john > wrote:
> Many owners have posted about steering problems here, and guess what?
> There is a problem and Corolla may be recalled!
>
> "Some Corolla...
Forum: Technology February 3rd 10, 02:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
Owner can set off sudden acceleration in a Toyota (Don't try thisat home!)

On Feb 2, 7:00*pm, john > wrote:
> Chuck Eaton, a retired industrial engineer in Greer, S.C., said he has
> experienced a surge in his 2006 Toyota Tacoma three or four times,
Forum: Technology December 25th 09, 02:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
Replies: 56
Posted By [email protected]
Toyota's reputation needs some TLC

On Dec 22, 4:45*pm, "Mike Hunter" <Mikehunt2@lycos,com> wrote:
> GM Ford and Toyota is no better than the other. * The fact is every
> manufacturers is making good vehicles today, the only real...
Forum: Dodge November 27th 09, 06:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 389
Posted By [email protected]
Who was it who mentioned Fram oil filters and dropping oilpressure?

On Nov 26, 9:16*am, jim <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 26, 6:49 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>
> > > You haven't seen it so it isn't a problem....
Forum: Dodge November 26th 09, 01:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 389
Posted By [email protected]
Who was it who mentioned Fram oil filters and dropping oilpressure?

On Nov 26, 6:49*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> You haven't seen it so it isn't a problem. *So why did I see it on two
> different cars? *Which is the sum total of my experience...
Forum: Dodge November 24th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.tech

On Nov 23, 5:09*pm, jim > wrote:

> I've seen rebuilt engines that are beaters.

Mine is not. It still runs as well today as it did in 2002 when I
installed it. Which...
Forum: Dodge November 23rd 09, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.tech

On Nov 23, 1:58*pm, jim <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote:

> * * * * If you notice the millions of new cars using Fram filters aren't the
> ones having problems. It is always the guys with the 30...
Forum: Dodge November 23rd 09, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.subaru,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.tech

On Nov 22, 4:25 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> Who was it in the Subaru group that mentioned my low oil pressure might be
> caused by my using Fram oil filters?

It's a known...
Forum: Technology November 20th 09, 08:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Toyota not saying removing floor mat is ultimate fix