Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Forum: Technology January 19th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How to install LED under car lights

M.M. wrote:
> OurCarGuy wrote:
> > How to install LED under car lights ...
>
> Why in the world would anyone want to do that???

You can have your very own mobile full-wave rectifier with...
Forum: Technology January 5th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
CO2 Inflator for Car Tires

There have been CO2 inflators for bike tires for ten years now, but I
have never seen any mention of them being used for car tires. Is there
a good reason why you would not use one of these on a...
Forum: Technology January 5th 07, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
3 Secret Tips Before You Buy A Used Car

John S. wrote:
> OurCarGuy wrote:
> > BUYING A USED CAR Power Tip #2
> >
> > Remember, private sellers generally are not covered by the Used Car
> > Rule and don't have to use the Buyers Guide....
Forum: Technology December 20th 06, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By [email protected]
E85 gasoline?

Steve wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> > We have a 1999 Plymouth Gr. Voyager with the flex-fuel engine and we had the
> > same hesitation about trying the E85 fuel. But you don't need to worry.
> > Other than...
Forum: Technology December 20th 06, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
2000 1.4 Corolla vvti

wrote:
> Hi, any one out there know what the spark plug gap for a 2000 Toyota
> Corolla 1.4 vvti is?
>
> Thanks in advance...

That should be listed on the emmissions sticker...
Forum: Technology December 12th 06, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
HOW TO DEODORIZE A HEAVILY SMOKED IN CAR ??

Bob M. wrote:
> Take it to a detail shop and let them handle it. Worked well on the last
> company truck I had.
>
> Possibly, renting an ozone generator and leaving it in the car for an hour
> or so...
Forum: Technology November 28th 06, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
mobil1 "extended performance" 10W40 -- no more??

Shep wrote:
> Find 10/40 Mobil!
> > wrote in message
> > Synthetic doesn't play by the same rules.

<sigh>

I guess I should have known better than to try to drop some info...
Forum: Technology November 27th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Shep wrote:
> 10/40 has been an obsolete oil grade for years now, no modern vehicle is
> using it. Maybe 15/40 diesel.

Synthetic doesn't play by the same rules.
Forum: Technology November 17th 06, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Computer Code for 93 escort- what does this mean????

lwatson wrote:
> Hi,
> I have retreived the codes for a 93 ford escort with fuel injection and
> I do not understand the translation.
> The message that I get is "pulse width is wider than expected"....
Forum: Technology November 9th 06, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
i cant figure out whats wrong with my car anybody know?

jettaboy wrote:
> i have a 86 jetta gti wolfsburg edition 1.8l 5spd i just recently put a
> new clutch in and afterwards i went for like a 5 min ride and lost all
> the spark so i have put in a new...
Forum: Technology November 6th 06, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
How to disable driving capacity of Mercury Sable 1998/99 ? Mom has dementia / Alzheimer's

FJ wrote:
> 'Looking for some advice from those more knowledgeable about cars than
> I. I would like to disable the start up capacity of a Mercury Sable
> 1998/99 without the obvious move of...
Forum: Technology November 3rd 06, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
engine code: timing belt off one tooth ,but it is perfect!

Breeze wrote:
> I put a re-man'd cylinder head on with new belt and water pump.The car
> runs great but I have a check engine light and the code says the timing
> is off. does the computer have to...
Forum: Technology November 2nd 06, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
What on earth does "SFI OHV" mean?

SassyEnviroChick wrote:
> My mom has a 2001 Taurus SE with a 3.0L V6 SFI OHV engine. The
> transmission went out and my dad is trying to replace it - calling junk
> yards and the like. But he has...
Forum: Technology November 2nd 06, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
How do you buy a car from someone when they do not have title?

Publius wrote:
> I am very interested in buying a car from someone who has a lease on
> the car. They say that they would be able to payoff the car and get
> title in 10 days. How is that you...
Forum: Technology October 27th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
DO NOT GO TO CARX

wrote:
> Putting it back together the way it came in wasnt' really an option. I
> limped the vehicle to the service station as it was. Someone had
> recently stolen my spare so I...
Forum: Technology October 27th 06, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
DO NOT GO TO CARX

wrote:
> > I guess I should have expected this, but I like to give people the
> > benefit of the doubt. Anyway, be careful and do not go to car x or any
> > of those chains,...
Forum: Technology October 26th 06, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Are Dexron and Mercon the same thing?

Masospaghetti wrote:
> My vehicle calls for Mercon ATF for the power steering as well as the
> manual transmission fluid. Can I use Synthetic Dexron in these
> applications, or Mercon V?
>
> 2000...
Forum: Technology October 26th 06, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Dealer/OEM Tools

J J wrote:
> Its common knowledge that Ford, Lincoln, Mercury are much harder to work
> on than other cars. Even simple repairs take long time because you have
> to remove something else to get rid...
Forum: Technology October 26th 06, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Dealer/OEM Tools

phaeton wrote:
> Just a quick question....
>
> Seems that in a lot of cases when working on Fords, many procedures
> require a special tool to uninstall or install a certain component or
> align a...
Forum: Technology October 25th 06, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
New tires in trash?

hls wrote:
> "Pete C." > wrote in message
> > Did anyone read the OP's post? He said "in the tire recycling bin", not
> > in the dumpster, garbage, etc.
> >
> > Pete C.
>
> Good...
Forum: Technology October 23rd 06, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Masospaghetti wrote:

> Well, I called the dealer...
>
> ...and they told me to use TYPE F. (wtf?)
>
> But I believe my owner's manual + you guys more than one service person.
> Thanks for the...
Forum: Technology October 23rd 06, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

C. E. White wrote:

> Ford recently issued a TSB (TSB 06-14-4) saying that Mecon V could now be
> used in all Mercon/Mercon V applications (this was a change from the past).
> This doesn't apply to...
Forum: Technology October 23rd 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
89 Dodge Spirit running rough

TomO wrote:
> >>Some of the scanners will show the the 'snapshot' data captured at the
> >>time the MIL was lit. But I don't think that your '89 will have the
> >>OBD-II controller. You may need to...
Forum: Technology October 23rd 06, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Masospaghetti wrote:
> My vehicle calls for Mercon ATF for the power steering as well as the
> manual transmission fluid. Can I use Synthetic Dexron in these
> applications, or Mercon V?
>
> 2000...
Forum: Technology October 20th 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
changing the governor (speed limit) on a 03 diesel truck

Steve W. wrote:
> Adjusting the top speed will make NO difference in the pulling power of
> the engine. It is a setting in the ECU that looks at the speed sensor
> and the rpm of the vehicle and cuts...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35