Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 1.51 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: George Patterson
Forum: Antique cars February 6th 09, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 7
Posted By George Patterson
New to restoration, looking to do a 1st gen GTO

es330td wrote:

> I know I am going to need
> tools, sources for parts, money, manuals and a project car.

Tools can be bought anywhere. Parts are another matter. the place to start is to
pull up...
Forum: Antique cars February 3rd 09, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 1
Posted By George Patterson
The 2009 Philly Auto Show

Digital Voices < wrote:
> The 2009 Philly Auto Show
> started this past weekend. Fine show it was. Many antiques
>
> Here's a link to the many photos I took there.

Forum: Antique cars December 22nd 08, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique,alt.autos.antique
Replies: 21
Posted By George Patterson
Antique Car Batteries?

Justin wrote:

> The main problem is getting the thing into space.
> Its not my department, but the crazy FTL drive can only be fired in
> space. So once in orbit, power generation isn't an...
Forum: Antique cars December 21st 08, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique,alt.autos.antique
Replies: 21
Posted By George Patterson
Antique Car Batteries?

Justin wrote:

> I'm thinking kerosene of th etime wasn't as clean since it won't be
> burned in a sophisticated jet.

Sophisticated jets don't use kerosene. Civilian jets use a fuel called jet-A,...
Forum: Antique cars December 20th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique,alt.autos.antique
Replies: 21
Posted By George Patterson
Antique Car Batteries?

Justin wrote:

> But we're not killing anyone. Bascially the story involves hooking up
> two or three modern laptops with car/airline adapters to antique batteries.

You can hook two 6 volt...
Forum: Antique cars December 18th 08, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique,alt.autos.antique
Replies: 21
Posted By George Patterson
Antique Car Batteries?

Justin wrote:

> What about power? How much electricity did they provide? 6v at a few
> amps?

Check out early radio batteries. That's what cars first used.

George Patterson
The cost of...
Forum: Antique cars September 19th 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 2
Posted By George Patterson
I own

wrote:
> a lot of T Model Ford parts.I went to a lot of trouble to put those T
> Model Ford parts in the leanto shed behind my house.Those T Model Ford
> parts are not for sale now!...
Forum: Antique cars July 8th 08, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.antique,rec.autos.antique
Replies: 2
Posted By George Patterson
1960 Ford Falcon

rbrooks wrote:
> Is anyone familiar with the most likely cause of the number 1 cylinder
> to loose compression in the 4.6 straight 6?

I'm not familiar with a 4.6 straight 6. The Falcon came with...
Forum: Antique cars May 22nd 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 3
Posted By George Patterson
2000 AD version of a 1976 Civic

Paul E. Schoen wrote:

> I can't understand why Detroit can't make new cars, trucks, and
> SUVs that do even better,

Oh, they can. The problem goes back a long way and is complicated, but it boils...
Forum: Antique cars May 15th 08, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 2
Posted By George Patterson
fueling a 63 ford falcon

Gabriel wrote:
> i just bought a 1963 ford falcon. gas is on the rear, and i have a
> hard time filling. i'm sure this must sound familiar. depending on the
> angle i hold the nozzle, gas will not...
Forum: Antique cars February 24th 08, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 3
Posted By George Patterson
pictures from rod & custom show

NuketyDukey wrote:
> http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562578748EjvYGH

Great shots. Thanks for posting them.

George Patterson
Decisions are made by people who have time, not by people who...
Forum: Antique cars January 31st 08, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 7
Posted By George Patterson
Newby Needs Advice

wrote:
> Howdy, I confess I'm completely new to this NG, so I apologize if I
> should be looking in a FAQ somewhere for this info. But I find myself
> needing it rather...
Forum: Antique cars January 17th 08, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 4
Posted By George Patterson
Bizarre messages on this newsgroup

Otto Skorzeny wrote:
> Why does this newsgroup keep getting all these weird, off the wall
> posts? The latest ones look like somebody used a program to post
> messages under other user's...
Forum: Antique cars January 17th 08, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique

Heather & Joe Way wrote:

> My solution was to set a filter in my newsreader to toss anything with
> "MI5" straight into the trash. Then I don't have to see it.

Yeah, but he's started adding special...
Forum: Antique cars November 16th 07, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 5
Posted By George Patterson
'56 Packard Clipper Deluxe

TechnoGG wrote:

> Did you win it?

Zero bids.

George Patterson
Worry doesn't improve the future; it just ruins the present.
Forum: Antique cars November 13th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 5
Posted By George Patterson
'56 Packard Clipper Deluxe

Mark wrote:

> main question was:
>
> why are there no pics of the right side of the car???

Ya know, the thing to do was for someone to log into Ebay and ask the seller to
post some.

Anyway,...
Forum: Antique cars November 4th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 5
Posted By George Patterson
'56 Packard Clipper Deluxe

wrote:
> This is BEAUTIFUL. Any thoughts on why I shouldn't bid?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260178079291

You won't see a car that nice...
Forum: Antique cars October 4th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 12
Posted By George Patterson
Baffling Straight-8 Timing Problem

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> IIRC, the Marmon has a flat head. Valves are in the engine block.

Whoops! You're right, of course.

George Patterson
If you torture the data long enough,...
Forum: Antique cars September 24th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique

wrote:
>Taking a .010" off of the head surface
> would mean the valve adjustment nut might not be tightened to the same
> location on the rocker arm (or whatever) as it was before...
Forum: Antique cars September 24th 07, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 4
Posted By George Patterson
HELP needed locating Auto Restoration in DALLAS.TX

wrote:
> You FIRST need to determine what "restoration" means to you.

That's a very good point. We have seen people in this group to whom turning a
car into a hot rod is a...
Forum: Antique cars September 18th 07, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 7
Posted By George Patterson
First Small Truck With Air Conditioning in United States

Heather & Joe Way wrote:

> The later the truck, the more room it is likely to have under the dash
> and the hood for the necessary hardware, and the more likely that the
> stock engine will be...
Forum: Antique cars September 9th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique

wrote:

> Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Check the valve clearance. If they milled the head or block a bit during the
rebuild, this will have changed.

George...
Forum: Antique cars August 17th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 12
Posted By George Patterson
Trying to ID Old Hubcap/Wreath & 3 Cats/Lions?

weft2 wrote:

> Thanks kindly for the info- I forgot about Ford, thinking only about
> the GM Cadillacs that had the Laurel Wreaths in their design logo. But
> if the older company, Ford, had the...
Forum: Antique cars August 15th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 5
Posted By George Patterson
Question about Bentleys

mark wrote:

> I was wondering how does somebody deal with a car that gets
> approximately 12MPG when gas is so expensive as a daily driver, money to
> burn.

In the words of the head of RR back...
Forum: Antique cars August 7th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 16
Posted By George Patterson
help identifying the year of a photo

wrote:

> Unfortunately I don't know a lot about antique cars. Can someone
> please tell me the year of the cars in these two photos. If I know
> the year of the newest vehicle in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70