Showing results 1 to 25 of 276
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew MacPherson[_2_]
Forum: Simulators May 5th 13, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
The right FFB

(Mario Petrinovic) wrote:

> Ok, I finaly got it.

Statistically unlikely.

Andrew McP
Forum: Simulators October 3rd 12, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
New Project CARS trailer

(FolkGT) wrote:

> Trick? I don't know what you're talking about.

About six months ago there was another deadline for "investment" because there was
supposed to be some...
Forum: Simulators October 3rd 12, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
New Project CARS trailer

(FolkGT) wrote:

> Once that goal is reached, membership will be closed

Ah, that trick again. :-)

Andrew McP
Forum: Simulators September 30th 12, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Anyone playing F1 2012?

(PW) wrote:

> I guess I have to support any sims these days as there hasn't been
> much ever since Papryus shut down.

There's a demo on Steam. That was enough to put...
Forum: Simulators September 2nd 12, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
State of the Sim Union

1) iRacing: still the most impressive ponzi scheme in the history of sim racing.

2) pCARS: now beating iRacing as the most entertaining sim soap opera.

3) rF2: still the manyana sim. It'll be...
Forum: Simulators August 2nd 12, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 6
I found the right FFB settings

(Mario Petrinovic) wrote:

> The FFB puzzle is solved

I'm going to put real money on the probability that it isn't. :-)

Andrew McP
Forum: Simulators July 10th 12, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Nordschleife added to Project Cars

(FolkGT) wrote:

> Although it's still very much a work in progress

I liked Shift2's Nordschleife, even with all the stupid sideshow stuff added, so I
have hope for...
Forum: Simulators June 8th 12, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
rF2 updating

(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

> Yes, that worked fine, but the updates for my mods weren't found by
> the new style updater.

As expected, I was missing something silly....
Forum: Simulators June 8th 12, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
rF2 updating

(Russell Unger) wrote:

> Download the update file from the forum and put it in the
> documents/rfactor/update directory

Yes, that worked fine, but the updates for my mods weren't...
Forum: Simulators June 8th 12, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
rF2 updating

(FolkGT) wrote:

> As an aside, the update process in pCARS is so far bulletproof.

Back when I was still paying attention to pCARS I too had no problems... though
that was...

(Michael R Sisson) wrote:

> What the heck does any of this have to do with calibrating your
> forcefeedback with regards to screen height?

Sorry mate, I posted in the wrong group...
Forum: Simulators June 7th 12, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
rF2 updating

I've been pretty impressed by this in the past. But I've just spent an hour messing
about trying to get myself updated from whatever the last version was to whatever
the current version is and the...
Forum: Simulators March 28th 12, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
GPL audio problem

(Bob_Simpson) wrote:

> The quick fix is...

The quick fix for the problems I had with GPL was to wait three years until I
upgraded my PC. It works fine now I don't really want...
Forum: Simulators January 27th 12, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
rF2: The quest for new ways to be miserable continues!

(Uwe) wrote:

> Just remember what rF1 was like when it hit the shelves:

Yes, but that's why I never really got into rF1 much... it was a bit disappointing
at the start and it...
Forum: Simulators January 12th 12, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

(Ian Riches) wrote:

> What hardware are you running it on?

Sadly I'm running it on a with a 5870. In single screen mode at max
detail (and you want max detail,...
Forum: Simulators January 12th 12, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
rF2: The quest for new ways to be miserable continues!

Graphics: it's like a modding team took rF1 to the edges of what it was capable of.
Good, if you were expecting a much improved rF1, but DX9 is capable of much better.
The programmers here... well,...
Forum: Simulators January 4th 12, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
From the archives...

(Plowboy) wrote:

> I have doubts, but teeter both ways, especially with Iran
> rattling swords this past week or 2

I'd be more worried about a far more worrying sign of the...
Forum: Simulators December 24th 11, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
From the archives...

(Plowboy) wrote:

> A GPL Christmas
> by Joe Shaw

Ok, now it's Christmas. :-)

It should be a happy new sim year too. Plenty of new stuff on the horizon to
daydream about. Maybe...
Forum: Simulators November 25th 11, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
iRacing Special - $49 per year

(GaryR) wrote:

> No affiliation, just passing it along as it's a good deal IMO..

It's good, but it's essentially the same as the last offer, which was $75 with $25
of credits....
Forum: Simulators November 11th 11, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
FFB (new development)

(GaryR) wrote:

> All I can say is OH......... MY........... GOD

I think it's important to remember that many of the major breakthroughs in life
come from people who most...
Forum: Simulators November 9th 11, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
FFB (new development)

(Mario Petrinovic) wrote:

> Actually now, after additional testing, I am not sure what is really
> going on.

You are a martyr to the FFB cause, mario! I just fiddle...
Forum: Simulators October 17th 11, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
C.A.R.S. open beta

(GaryR) wrote:

> 10 Euros (minimum) to play a beta????

It's not our fault you can't read the website. :-p

I went for the 25E option. It's more than I've paid for either...
Forum: Simulators October 17th 11, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
C.A.R.S. open beta

(Ken MacKay) wrote:

> I wonder how many signed up for the 25k subscription? Is there some
> sort of return for this kind of investment?

There's all sorts of details on the...
Forum: Simulators October 13th 11, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
C.A.R.S. open beta

(rms) wrote:

> http://www.wmdportal.com/

It's a very interesting project, but feels a bit too "Shifty" so far. I do worry
that the somewhat unsettling controls are...
Forum: Simulators September 26th 11, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
To be proven correct and not enjoy it.

(Mitch) wrote:

> The likes of David G Ficher and Andrew McPherson are responsible
> just as much as Gordon Brown and Barrack Hussein Obama are.

Nice to see you haven't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 276