Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 2.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Earle Horton[_21_]
Forum: Jeep October 2nd 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Oil leak advice

That's a lot of oil. Glad you're OK now.

Earle

"Frank" > wrote in message
> Here is the follow-up my my Grand Wagoneer oil leak...
Forum: Jeep May 21st 08, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 28
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
xd-m first impressions

http://www.umarex.com/index.php?id=products&L=en&haupt_id=1&unter_id=1&variante_id=412.00.00

Earle

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep May 20th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 28
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
xd-m first impressions

"Spdloader" > wrote in message

> "Kate" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep May 20th 08, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Scrambler Aerotank (first impression review)

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-gravity-liquids-d_336.html
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_one_gallon_of_water_weigh

Specific gravity of vehicle gasoline is 0.739. A US gallon of...
Forum: Jeep May 19th 08, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Scrambler Aerotank (first impression review)

Good post, thanks. I see these folks have a 28 gallon aluminized steel tank
for YJ Wrangler...

Cheers,

Earle

> wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep January 26th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Block senders?

In Vista Windows Mail the blocked senders list is under right click on a
message, Junk E-mail, Add Sender to Blocked Senders List.

Cheers,

Earle

"Tomes" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep January 26th 08, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 28
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Wrangler Rear Brakes

"Tomes" > wrote in message
>I never knew the proportioning valve could be adjusted. I thought it just
>was what it was. I do not...
Forum: Jeep January 26th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 28
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Wrangler Rear Brakes

Wow, here in Colorado we don't have safety inspections and I get out of
emissions inspection by not being in the "Clean Air Program" area. There
are far fewer unsafe-looking rust buckets on the...
Forum: Jeep January 25th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 28
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Wrangler Rear Brakes

I don't know what you mean by "braking differential" or "braking
difference". An inspection shop can measure pad or shoe thickness, but you
don't have to replace them until you get down to the...
Forum: Jeep January 24th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 28
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Wrangler Rear Brakes

"Pink Freud©®" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 23:11:43 -0500, Tomes wrote:
>
>> 2002 TJ. After...
Forum: Jeep January 24th 08, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 28
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Wrangler Rear Brakes

Drum brakes are easy, but if you mix up the star wheels you can fix the
automatic self-adjusters so that they automatically loosen the shoes instead
of tightening them. That is not a good thing. ...
Forum: Jeep January 24th 08, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Patriot opinions

"nrs" > wrote in message
On Jan 23, 1:45 pm, "Earle Horton" > wrote:
> "Spdloader"...
Forum: Jeep January 23rd 08, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Patriot opinions

"Spdloader" > wrote in message

> "Earle Horton" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep January 23rd 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Patriot opinions

"Spdloader" > wrote in message

> "Earle Horton" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep January 22nd 08, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Patriot opinions

"Pink Freud®©" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:43:35 -0700, Earle Horton wrote:
>
>> I am...
Forum: Jeep January 22nd 08, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Patriot opinions

I am about to order a 2008 Patriot, manual transmission, off road package
with 19:1 crawl to replace a fourteen year old Wrangler. Opinions? Anyone
driven one of these puppies? The salesman...
Forum: Jeep January 22nd 08, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
4CYL '95 YJ - enough power?

I passed a CJ7 once and a Grand another time. It's a fairly high-revving
engine compared with the six cylinder, and you have to hit the shift points
just right. :)

Cheers,

Earle

"Greg"...
Forum: Jeep January 19th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
A new use for your 2 inch receiver hitch!

"Who Cares" > wrote in message
> T. Greening wrote:
>> Who Cares wrote:
Forum: Jeep January 17th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
4 wheel drive/lack of 4 wheel drive problem, 95 YJ

"nrs" > wrote in message
On Jan 16, 11:54 am, wrote:
> Ok so I made the mistake of...
Forum: Jeep January 16th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Leaky output on xfer case

Chances are good that the bushing in front of that seal and the bearing in
front of that are worn too. If your replacement seal doesn't do the trick,
more extensive repair is required. Keep...
Forum: Jeep January 14th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 33
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
FS: 10,500# winch and jeep mount

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Lee Ayrton" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep January 8th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
error code on 98TJ 4liter

I agree with Mike. Find the MAP sensor and clean the connections before
buying parts.

Cheers,

Earle

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep January 7th 08, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Question about the 4.0

If you have a big yard and no pesky municipal "nuisance" laws, just park it
out back. The best place to store an engine is in the car, with all the
tubes hooked up and the hood down. They don't...
Forum: Jeep January 7th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Input anyone....Auburn Gear

When you say "gears" if you mean ring and pinion I am thinking bent or worn
housing. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Earle

"Greg" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep January 6th 08, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Earle Horton[_21_]
Input anyone....Auburn Gear

I had one of Auburn's cone lockers, that they have been making forever, in
the rear end of a Ram Van. I never had any problem with it. Thanks for
posting your experiences. I was toying with the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47