Showing results 1 to 25 of 116
Search took 1.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Zog The Undeniable
Forum: Mazda August 12th 08, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Cat rattle - replacement ideas?

miker wrote:
> My '96 has a horrendous exhaust rattle - I did the rubber mallet thing and
> it seems to be coming from the cat, the front resonator, or both... hard to
> tell. The PO put a Flying...
Forum: Mazda August 10th 08, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Slightly off topic

John wrote:
> !999 Mazda 323 with erratic, slowish idling. Drives quite normal everywhere
> else. Sorry about off topic, figured there would not be too much of a
> difference
Forum: Mazda August 5th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 14
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Quick answer needed if poss

WendyC88 wrote:
> Sorry and thanks. I have my eye on two Miata's to purchase mode and I have
> a nagging question about ownership that I have seen on more than two of
> these.
>
> I run a carfax...
Forum: Mazda May 19th 08, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Who wants to trade up?

XS11E wrote:

> For just a few dollars you can get a bit of a performance increase!
>
> http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/685451024.html
>
> Gas mileage might drop a bit....

Wrong...
Forum: Mazda May 17th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Ebay Altezza Tail Lights

brg wrote:
> Driving behind my NA the other day I could not believe how wimpy and dim the
> brake lights were.
> Does anyone have an opinion about the Altezza style tail lights that are
> sold on...
Forum: Mazda April 26th 08, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
smoking manifold

wrote:
> On 25 Apr, 00:33, pws > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> Just started up my 1996 1.8 MX5 after its winter rest.
>>> Noticed after...
Forum: Mazda March 31st 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Is the six speed manual tranny better than the five speed ongas miles?

Xegunda wrote:
> Is the six speed manual tranny better than the five speed on gas
> miles? Just wondering?

On a 10AE yes, because it has a much lower final drive ratio (low ratio
= fewer engine...
Forum: Mazda March 25th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Sharper Mazda RX-8 heralds new flagship

john wrote:
> The new range-topping model will be based on the RX-8 RS that has
> leaked on internet sites ahead of its debut at January's Tokyo Auto
> Salon.

I'm amazed they shift any, given...
Forum: Mazda March 15th 08, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Underpanel opinions?

XS11E wrote:
> Any opinions on this: http://store.miataparts.org/mibealunpa19.html
>
> I have the original plastic/cardboard/regurgitated-compressed-yakfat
> thingy which is pretty well shredded.
Forum: Mazda March 9th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Retrofitting a/c to a uk spec mk 1?

Simon Wilson wrote:
> I am thinking of doing the above, with a set of parts obtained from a
> Japanese spec Mk1 (Eunos).
>
> Can anyone offer any pointers please? I'm not sure how easy a job this...
Forum: Mazda February 21st 08, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
UK Mazda 3 - Engine Management Light

Jon wrote:

> It has a Dielsel Particulate Filter, is that what you mean?

Yes - they are either electrically heated or something clever is done
with the fuelling, and hence combustion temperatures,...
Forum: Mazda February 20th 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Torque wrench - which one to buy?

Bruno wrote:
> I'm looking for a good 1/2" torque wrench and so far I have only some
> really cheap rubbish ones and some really expensive ones (like a Bahco
> costing like 300+ US!).
>
> I wonder...
Forum: Mazda February 20th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4

OzOne wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:34:36 -0800 (PST), Jon >
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a 2007 Mazda 3 Diesel and for the past year, the engine
>> management light...
Forum: Mazda February 11th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 13
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
The Hooks that Look Like Tow Hooks on the Miata

pws wrote:

> Love the building and driveway, as well as the car. Where was that
> picture taken?

Er...that's my house. It's a very ordinary 4-bedroom estate box, built
in 1981. We had the drive...
Forum: Mazda February 9th 08, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Hole repair?

XS11E wrote:
> My Westco battery should be here today and I plan to install it and
> remove the tired Mazda battery currently <-pun not intended! installed
> in the car. Since the Mazda battery...
Forum: Mazda February 8th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 13

XS11E wrote:
> pws > wrote:
>
>> Frank Berger wrote:
>>
>>> I removed mine the day I bought the car. I thought everyone did.
>> The previous owners of my first Miata left...
Forum: Mazda February 7th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 13

pws wrote:

> I have not used the hooks to tow, but my main concerns would be damage
> from a chain coming out from that area hitting the body work

I believe that's the reason Mazda don't recommend...
Forum: Mazda February 4th 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
H6024??

XS11E wrote:
> Last night I found I had a broken headlight on the 1992 MX5. On my way
> home I stopped at a couple of places to get a new one and found
> AutoZone was out and their computer showed...
Forum: Mazda January 17th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Automatic Miata

XS11E wrote:
> These are fairly uncommon, might be of interest to someone?
>
> http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/538829920.html
>
> The price isn't too bad and might be negotiable.

They're...
Forum: Mazda January 12th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Replacing front brake pads on 2004 Miata

wrote:
> I have a 2004 base model with standard brakes. Is there a piston
> retractor screw on the front calipers, or do I just press the piston
> back into the...
Forum: Mazda January 11th 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
amsoil - Dirty Question?

pws wrote:
> Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>
>> I use Mobil 1 because...it's the only stuff that shuts up my HLAs.
>
> What are those? ;-)
>
> 1991 Miata, 1994 engine block, 1999 head.....

Ah...just...
Forum: Mazda January 10th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9

XS11E wrote:

> WFIW, most tests I've seen rate Mobil 1 as the best or one of the best
> synthetics, it's also one of the least expensive and one of the most
> readily available so why spend...
Forum: Mazda January 4th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
battery

wrote:
> Just bragging, but I am still on the original battery on my 1991
> miata, 250,000+ miles. Battery is still running strong. No chargers,
> no aid whatsoever, living...
Forum: Mazda January 4th 08, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
When to change the brake pads?

Richard Phillips wrote:
> solamour wrote:
>> Simply put, how do I know when it's time to change the brake pads? Is
>> this something that can be visually inspected? Or should I rely on the
Forum: Mazda December 29th 07, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Zog The Undeniable
Freeze Plugs