Showing results 1 to 25 of 127
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: csdude
Forum: Jeep March 23rd 10, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By csdude
cj5 rear brake (drum) parking/emergency brake lever

Hi Bill,

that picture is of the driver's side, right? (I think I can see one of
the front wheels).

The thing I wonder about, I did when I put it together, is if I have
the correct emergency brake...
Forum: Jeep March 23rd 10, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By csdude
cj5 rear brake (drum) parking/emergency brake lever

On Mar 22, 10:19*pm, Square Wheels >
wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:40:39 -0800, L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> > Hi Ron,
> > * * What could make a difference is the...
Forum: Jeep March 22nd 10, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By csdude
cj5 rear brake (drum) parking/emergency brake lever

oh btw; what confuses me in that drum brake is that the 'prongs' on
the emergency brake lever seem to be pointing forward. I'd expect
them to be pointing backwards so the prongs keep the cable...
Forum: Jeep March 22nd 10, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By csdude
cj5 rear brake (drum) parking/emergency brake lever

Hi Bill,

well I must have something screwed up really well when I replaced the
axle shafts. (else I would never take them both off at the same time).

Actually, the wheel will only turn backwards...
Forum: Jeep March 22nd 10, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By csdude
cj5 rear brake (drum) parking/emergency brake lever

Hello,

I am working on my brakes and on the rear passenger side something is
just not right. I wonder if the previous owner (or so) used a driver
side parking/emergency brake lever instead of the...
Forum: Jeep May 11th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By csdude
Torque Wrench?

the coolant gets hot and hot coolant is under pressure. So you want
the bolts on your water pump tightened even to prevent leaking.
A warped pump cover makes the bearing run out sooner (and than...
Forum: Jeep May 11th 09, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By csdude
YJ cutting out

that sounds like a fuel pump problem?. I had the same problem with a
zj I had.

did you check the pump filter? there might be a lot of crap in your
tank that gets sucked against the filter and that...
Forum: Jeep May 7th 09, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By csdude
97 ZJ door latch question

Actually, if it is alternating in really hot weather (like south west
deserts) and in cold areas (midwest winter or so) eventually the glue
lets go. I had that happen to all windows in my previous...
Forum: Jeep May 7th 09, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By csdude
79 CJ5 ball joints

Hi Bill,

the first setup looks exactly like mine. I did see the second link
before.

(sounds like it's better to use a quality tool instead of the harbor
freight version though)

thanks for the...
Forum: Jeep May 6th 09, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By csdude
Jumping the starter soleniod ?

I believe so, A friend of mine showed me once. (I believe it's the two
posts at the sides, BUT I am not sure... been a while)

But why not replace it ? The thing is only a few $'s (3 or 4 or...
Forum: Jeep May 6th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By csdude
Tips on buying a CJ or YJ

On May 6, 11:48*am, "Jo Baggs" > wrote:
> "csdude" > wrote in message

> For a...
Forum: Jeep May 6th 09, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By csdude
Tips on buying a CJ or YJ

For a CJ:

rust: pretty much anywhere, but especially:
- bottom of the body underneath the doors.
- the passenger side and driver side floor boards
- The vertical transition between the front and...
Forum: Jeep May 6th 09, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By csdude
79 CJ5 ball joints

Hello all

I am going to replace the ball joints on my CJ5 (79), I have the
style where the ball joints are 'upside down' (compared to all the
write ups I find online) and mine uses the ball...
Forum: Jeep April 26th 09, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 75
Posted By csdude
hesitation with acceleration

'ya' is not even a word

On Apr 25, 10:56*pm, > wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 17:59:55 -0700, "L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III"
>
> > wrote:
> >diaphragm

Forum: Jeep April 26th 09, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 75
Posted By csdude
hesitation with acceleration

I looked up accelerator lever clearance for a holley , it seems to be
factory set at 0.015".

thanks!

On Apr 25, 10:38*pm, "DougW" >
wrote:
> csdude wrote:
Forum: Jeep April 26th 09, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 75
Posted By csdude
hesitation with acceleration

whoops. . . .

I think I messed with the 'accelerator pump lever' one time when I was
messing
with the curb idle. (the first link says to not do that)

how can I get that back to the default...
Forum: Jeep April 26th 09, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 75
Posted By csdude
hesitation with acceleration

uhm, the Holley is brand new, I don't think it needs rebuilding

however, manifold vacuum is higher (more vacuum) then with the old 258
that is why I thought it might be the advance

Ron

On Apr 25,...
Forum: Jeep April 26th 09, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 75
Posted By csdude
hesitation with acceleration

my cj seems to hesitate when I 'floor' it. When I accelerate slower if
seems to be fine.

Is that a timing advance problem ?
('79 cj5, 258 with 4.0 head, HEI and Holley 390 cfm)

thanks,

Ron
Forum: Jeep April 6th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By csdude
proportioning valve

Does the pop in or out depend on the type ? I read there's a 'W"
and a 'D' type used in those years. Does the W type pop out and the D
type in ? Or the other way around ?

thanks,

Ron
Forum: Jeep April 6th 09, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By csdude
brake bleed procedure

Hi All,

Is there an 'official' brake bleed procedure for a CJ ? (including
using that brake tool etc ?)

I saw there was one written by 'jeephammer' on 'jeepforums' but I
can't find that write up....
Forum: Jeep April 5th 09, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By csdude
upper radiator-hose belt interference

btw, The Haynes manual shows the oem hose, and that has two bends in
it (and looks like it was made for CJ's that had AC) All aftermarket
ones are the ones that have just one 90 degree bend in...
Forum: Jeep April 5th 09, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By csdude
upper radiator-hose belt interference

That looks like a good option too.

I was expecting an answer like, "hey try the lower radiator hose out
of a J20" or something along those lines.

But I guess a stainless steel one would work (they...
Forum: Jeep April 5th 09, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By csdude
Time to replace alternator or wiring problem?

I would take the throttle body off though, that way you can take the
idle control valve/plunger/motor off and really clean the passages,
butterfly and walls and the idle control motor itself. If it...
Forum: Jeep April 5th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By csdude
upper radiator-hose belt interference

Hi all,

After I put the onboard air in (york) I promissed myself I would take
care of that almost belt-radiator hose problem.

The belt runs about 1/8" - 1/4" away from the radiator hose, and it...
Forum: Jeep April 5th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By csdude
proportioning valve

Hi Doug,

I didn't replace the proportioning valve, I just took it out by
cutting the lines, cleaned it, attached the new lines that go to the
master cylinder and put it back in.
(It didn't look too...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 127