Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Skip[_3_]
Forum: Auto Photos November 26th 09, 05:51 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 21
Posted By Skip[_3_]
I tried something a little different today

Actually, the newish 5D mkII has interchangeable screens, too. And it's a
whole lot less pricey than a 1D. By the way, a 1Ds is full frame, as is the
5D. But Pat shoots Nikon, and buying a Canon...
Forum: Auto Photos November 26th 09, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 4
Posted By Skip[_3_]
Volkswagen motor sports head talks with NASCAR

Have you heard anything definitive about Fysler leaving NASCAR? I'd heard
rumblings that Toyota was, but they're pulling in their horns pretty much
all over.

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 26th 09, 05:42 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

I'm still trying to figure out why the supposedly highly trained CHP officer
who was killed with 3 other members of his family didn't just throw the car
into neutral. I guess he was too busy...
Forum: Auto Photos November 22nd 09, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 6
Posted By Skip[_3_]
1965 Chrysler Imperial Convertible with top down - Capri Blue Met - fvr

Actually, after I posted this, I had second thoughts. I think it was the
'67 New Yorker I was thinking about, I'll do more research.

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 22nd 09, 03:28 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

I'd rather have a pool for the IPO price at the end of the first day...
Whoever wins will probably make more money than the investors who buy at the
beginning of the first day.

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 22nd 09, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

Ah, Ralph Lauren's car. There was an interesting show on Discover on the
restoration of this baby, and its showing at the New York Metropolitan
Museum of Art.

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 22nd 09, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

That's an M3, but since they didn't change headlights in 2004 like the rest
of the range, it's hard to tell from this angle... In 2004, they changed to
LED tail lights, which it doesn't look like...
Forum: Auto Photos November 22nd 09, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 21
Posted By Skip[_3_]
I tried something a little different today

Hey, the new Canon 1D mkIV and Nikon D3s get up to ISO 102, 500 or some such
unbelievable number...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
Replies: 21
Posted By Skip[_3_]
I tried something a little different today

I usually shoot at between f4 and f5.6, which still "de-focuses" the
background, but gets more of the car in focus. DOF Preview helps. It's
that little button next to the lens that stops down the...
Forum: Auto Photos November 21st 09, 03:29 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 6
Posted By Skip[_3_]
1965 Chrysler Imperial Convertible with top down - Capri Blue Met - fvr

While I liked the style of these guys, they had one of what I felt was the
silliest styling conceits ever contrived. Those headlight covers were
retractable, so the clear glass was sort of...
Forum: Auto Photos November 18th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 6
Posted By Skip[_3_]
Maserati 3500 Frua red-fVr=mx=.jpg (1/1)

Further research on my part must be needed, what I found said that "few"
3.5s were built, but no mention of solely prototypes.

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 17th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

I always feel that way. What's happened to the Trojans? Two defeats that
rank as the worst in school history in three games? Yikes...

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 17th 09, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 6
Posted By Skip[_3_]
Maserati 3500 Frua red-fVr=mx=.jpg (1/1)

I have a Solido 1/43 model of this car identified as a 3.5L. The earliest
versions had 3500cc motors, succeeded by 3.7 and 4.0L variants. It is,
indeed, a Mistral, though.

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 16th 09, 08:01 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By Skip[_3_]
I guess I'll go make some car pics

See what happens when you skip Homecoming??

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message...
Forum: Auto Photos November 15th 09, 06:58 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 5
Posted By Skip[_3_]
You wouldn't believe the racket this thing makes

Lambo drivers rarely worry about what's behind them...heheheheh.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
"Max Magister" > wrote in message...
Forum: Car Show Photos November 10th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By Skip[_3_]
2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1969 Ferrari 312P.JPG (1/1) 25 of 51

Ahhh. I thought it was so the drivers, who might be unfamiliar with where
to put the nose in such constricted spaces, could tell where the corners of
the car were. But your explanation makes more...
Forum: Auto Photos November 10th 09, 08:12 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 1
Posted By Skip[_3_]
1933 Mercedes-Benz 290 Cabriolet - blue - fvr

Seems a fair price...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message...
Forum: Car Show Photos November 10th 09, 08:10 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 2
Posted By Skip[_3_]
2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1968 Matra-Cosworth MS10 frt l.JPG (1/1) 22 of 51

Another with Sir Jackie? (Interesting tread pattern, there, by the way...)

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
"Leroy Curtis" > wrote in...
Forum: Auto Photos November 10th 09, 08:10 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 0
Posted By Skip[_3_]
2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1968 Matra-Cosworth MS10 frt l.JPG (1/1) 22 of 51

Another with Sir Jackie? (Interesting tread pattern, there, by the way...)

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
"Leroy Curtis" > wrote in...
Forum: Car Show Photos November 10th 09, 08:08 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 1
Posted By Skip[_3_]
2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1968 Ferrari 312-68 frt r.JPG (1/1) 18 of 51

That exhaust sure fits the "bundle of snakes" description, doesn't it? ;-)

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
"Leroy Curtis" > wrote in...
Forum: Auto Photos November 10th 09, 08:08 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 0
Posted By Skip[_3_]
2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1968 Ferrari 312-68 frt r.JPG (1/1) 18 of 51

That exhaust sure fits the "bundle of snakes" description, doesn't it? ;-)

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
"Leroy Curtis" > wrote in...
Forum: Car Show Photos November 10th 09, 08:06 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By Skip[_3_]
2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1969 Ferrari 312P.JPG (1/1) 25 of 51

What's the angle iron doohickey on the front of some of these? So the
driver can tell where the front end is? I noticed it on a couple of other
cars...

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 10th 09, 08:06 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 0
Posted By Skip[_3_]
2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1969 Ferrari 312P.JPG (1/1) 25 of 51

What's the angle iron doohickey on the front of some of these? So the
driver can tell where the front end is? I noticed it on a couple of other
cars...

--
Skip...
Forum: Car Show Photos November 10th 09, 08:05 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 2
Posted By Skip[_3_]
2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1969 Ferrari 319P frt r.JPG (1/1) 27 of 51

One of my all time favorite racing Ferraris, certainly of the "modern" era.
I have this one in 1/43, about as close as I'll ever come to owning the
original...

--
Skip...
Forum: Auto Photos November 10th 09, 08:05 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos