Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 3.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]
Forum: Audi April 18th 10, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
Tech question - code p2181

I am not familiar with the TTs but I will ask some questions:
Did you install the Coolant Temperature Sensor from the dealer? What color
is it, green?

How many miles on the water pump/timing belt?...
Forum: Audi April 18th 10, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Scan tool suggestions

Well the BEST BANG for the Audi would be the ross-tech.com tool. It is an
investment that will save you $$$ in the long run. When you are done with
it, you can almost sell it for what you paid...
Forum: VW air cooled April 12th 10, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Clutch help please!

YEP the new clutch probably helped tear up the splines in the drum that did
not have that nut tightened up properly.
PLEASE check the other drum too!

26 years is a long time to own any car, but you...
Forum: VW air cooled April 10th 10, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Air Conditioner making car stall

First off are you running a retard/advance distributor on your 1600 DP with
Dual Kadrons?

I am pretty sure my '83 Audi 4000 is running something very similar to what
you want.
Do you want me to...
Forum: VW air cooled April 9th 10, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
72 super bug brake squeal

Hmmm good tip! I will try to remember that one! ;-)

I thought that it might have been just a squeak as the shoes rubbed against
the backing plate. I was going to suggest a very tiny bit of...
Forum: VW air cooled April 9th 10, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 29
OT bad times for Jan and Kidd

Well getting treated as a human being AND getting paid properly sounds like
some good things!
Congrats there!

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled April 6th 10, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
How to tell if 2006 Jetta 2.5 has optional side air bags

Would this be accurate for deciphering your VIN to find out if you have side
air bags?

http://www.4crawler.com/Diesel/VW_VIN.shtml

Of course it is best to not have to find out that you have them. ...
Forum: VW air cooled April 6th 10, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 29
OT bad times for Jan and Kidd

ahhhh I shall call you.........MASTER Jan! lol

Congrats on that new JOB! ;-)

Will you still be working on Porsches?
What will happen to that project car you were restoring?

"Jan"...
Forum: VW air cooled April 6th 10, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 29
bad times for Jan and Kidd

I agree with Robert!
Write more letters from your heart!
JMHO
One out of many daves

"Robert" > wrote in message

I’ve been with my wife for 32 years. We’ve been through a...
Forum: Audi April 6th 10, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 8
Changing the battery in the remote key

Sometimes the VW parts people will install the battery(ies) for free if you
buy from them. ;-)
My remote takes two batteries that are hard to find at most common stores.
--
later,
(One out of many...

ALWAYS compare new parts to the original ones to see they are generally the
same.
If neither pressure plate had a collar then you should have the correct one.
Some might have many fingers that...
Forum: VW air cooled April 4th 10, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 29
bad times for Jan and Kidd

Was this supposed to be sent out on April 1st?

If it is true then I will say a little prayer for you!

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message...
Forum: Audi March 25th 10, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
1997 Audi A4 1.8tq auto....lost odometer, but I got it back

Pull out and lower Steering Wheel.
Carefully pull the plastic trim covering up the two little screws that hold
the instrument cluster.
Remove those 2 screws and pull the instrument cluster...
Forum: Audi March 25th 10, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
1997 Audi A4 1.8tq auto....lost odometer, but I got it back

Driving yesterday I stopped for gas. While attempting to reset the trip
meter I noticed that my odometer was totally dark. I shut off the ignition
and turned it back on but it was still dark. ...
Forum: VW air cooled March 21st 10, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Tires, How Long Will They Last?

Oh crap, my tires are 12 years old now.
I better change them when they have problems! lol

To be honest I do see some very small sidewall cracks though.

--
later,
(One out of many daves)

"Joey...
Forum: VW air cooled March 19th 10, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
OT. member may need your thoughts

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> Hey group, John C. lost his father Thursday, send him some good thoughts,
> he probably needs...
Forum: VW water cooled March 7th 10, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
2003 Jetta TDI "Check Engine" light on

Get the latest version (with CAN) so that you can sell it in the future and
get a high price for it! ;-)
Or if you get a later model VW/Audi you can still use it!

My $0.02
One out of many...
Forum: VW water cooled February 17th 10, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Is my expereince unique? 2003 Passat

Do they show you what they find?
MAKE THEM GIVE YOU YOUR OLD PARTS BACK!!!! At least the solid stuff. ;-)

CV boots are easy to see if you look under the vehicle or turn the wheels.
Yeah they go...
Forum: VW water cooled February 14th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
95 Passat Security System

Alarm switches for each door, trunk, hood
Trunk alarm switch will be on the latch/lock

you can bypass the alarm module and jump the wires for the starter if
needed!

Here are two Passat specific...
Forum: VW water cooled February 7th 10, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Golf mk2 stalling

AND inspect the ground wires for the fuel injection that bolts to the intake
manifold or cylinder head. Usually they break due to vibration.

A dirty Air Regulaor Valve (if the proper name) might...
Forum: VW air cooled February 1st 10, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Ice Storm Causes Near Miss for Beetle/ How Do I Get Ice Off Windows?

How about a spray bottle filled with Windshield Washer Fluid kept in the
house until needed?
Spray & wipe off excess liquid when you get down to the glass.

I personally don't like the scrapers...
Forum: Jeep January 28th 10, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Grand Wagoneer Fan Blade/Viscous Fan

Yes!
You can use 2 nuts and lock them together on the stud which will basically
make that stud a bolt which you can use a wrench on the inner nut to remove
the stud. ;-)
Give it a try and let us...
Forum: Jeep January 28th 10, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Grand Wagoneer Fan Blade/Viscous Fan

LONGER STUDS!!!
Using Blue Locktite is good too for safety! ;-)

" > wrote in message
snip

I don't know why the mating...
Forum: Jeep January 27th 10, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Power door window repair 1988 Grand Wagoneer

They even know where to buy those tracks NEW and inexpensively too!
--
later,
dave AKA vwdoc1

"mark"...
Forum: Jeep January 27th 10, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Grand Wagoneer Fan Blade/Viscous Fan

Yes that fan clutch easily, or it should be easily, unbolts from the
waterpump. You might have to move the fan shroud out of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500