Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Romain
Forum: Technology March 10th 09, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Mike Romain
Brake Line Replacement

Chris F. wrote:
> It's worth noting that the brake lines on this car, run along the inside of
> the passenger compartment rather than along the underside. However, they
> have been disconnected and...
Forum: Technology March 10th 09, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Romain
specific gravity of Walmart battery

georged wrote:
> I woul like someone that has an EverStart maxx batttery to check their
> cells and let me know what readings they get.

What you are looking for is uneven readings, same as for...
Forum: Jeep March 10th 09, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Romain
cj master brake cylinder

No, I don't think so. I will have to go look when I leave this morning
to be 100% sure, but I think the smaller front reservoir is for the
smaller rear wheel cylinders and the larger rear one is for...
Forum: 4x4 March 3rd 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike Romain
carb swap/upgrade '75 cj5

Its Me! Its ME! wrote:
> Hey there folks,
> I have a quick question...I am looking to swap out my stock YF for
> another, or possibly upgrade. I am currently having problems with the
> current carb...
Forum: Jeep February 27th 09, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 45
Posted By Mike Romain
Tire Stores and lug nut torque settings

You or your daughter really should be looking up the wet torque specs
and just use them. It is perfectly legit, it is just a different number
you use. That way you avoid any potential damage. I...
Forum: 4x4 February 27th 09, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 34
Posted By Mike Romain
4x4 usefulness

SnoMan wrote:

> Watch this guys advise!

I see my not so favorite psychotic Usenet stalker is loose again. They
just let you out of jail?, been a while at least....

Mike
Forum: Jeep February 26th 09, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Romain
04 Liberty Sport NO Start and dull clicking noise

Be aware that dirty cable connections cut down on the power the
alternator can put into the battery making it go dead.

Mike
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00
'New' frame...
Forum: Jeep February 26th 09, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

csdude wrote:

> right, sometimes I torque then at 95 ft-lbs sometimes at 110 or so.
> it's the difference in torque between lug nuts that warps rotors (I
> was told)

Think the difference between...
Forum: Jeep February 25th 09, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Fawn Liebowitz wrote:

> Torque is torque, wet or dry. Lube those suckers up!

Nope.

> Animal House was a stitch! I love good comedy almost as much as the
> silly responses that newsgroups...
Forum: Jeep February 24th 09, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Fawn Liebowitz wrote:
> Frank_v7.0 wrote:
>> Had my tires (BFG T/A 31 10.5x15) rotated and balanced by a Big O Tire
>> Store. Decided to try out my new Proto 6016 torque wrench. On the
>> front tires...
Forum: Jeep February 24th 09, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike Romain
CJ Light problem

csdude wrote:
> On Feb 24, 1:14 pm, "Greg" > wrote:
>> I don't have off, lo and high, it should be lo-high, but it is now
>> off-high, I have to no lo beam in the equation...
Forum: Jeep February 24th 09, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike Romain
CJ Light problem

csdude wrote:

> hmm, that almost sounds like your old switch is a different one than
> is usually used. the switch is supposed to switch high beams on and
> off and not 'cycle' between off, low...
Forum: Jeep February 24th 09, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike Romain
CJ Light problem

On mine, the pigtail on the floor switch also fell apart from corrosion.
Canadian Tire even sells those pigtails in the 'help' section, but
those fail very fast also. I would check a wrecker for a...
Forum: Jeep February 16th 09, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Romain
97 XJ throttle position sensor?

The TPS 'connection' is notorious for having bad connections. We fixed
ours and got almost another ten years out of it before we sold the XJ
when chrysler told us it was 'dead' by simply using a...
Forum: Jeep February 15th 09, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike Romain
Fram oil Filter Recall

Socks wrote:
>> I guess I've been living under a rock. I thought Fram filters were OK.
>> That's what I've been using for 10 years now. Anyone care to elaborate on
>> why Fram filters are bad?
Forum: Jeep January 31st 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 32
Posted By Mike Romain
Why dont Jeeps get better gas milage?

J. Clarke wrote:
> Mike Romain wrote:
>> J. Clarke wrote:

Forum: Jeep January 31st 09, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

J. Clarke wrote:
> Mike Romain wrote:
>> No hold up at all, go for it!
>>
>> I drive an 86 CJ7 with the 258 ci straight six, basically stock for
>> engine and tune a bunch others for my friends and...
Forum: Jeep January 31st 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 32
Posted By Mike Romain
Why dont Jeeps get better gas milage?

No hold up at all, go for it!

I drive an 86 CJ7 with the 258 ci straight six, basically stock for
engine and tune a bunch others for my friends and we all get over 20 mpg
or 11L/100KM...
Forum: 4x4 January 29th 09, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 34
Posted By Mike Romain
4x4 usefulness

Alan Young wrote:
> Always made me wonder why SUV 4x4's sold at all in suburban, urban and
> most rural areas.
> 4-wheel-drive is not needed, generally unless one intends to go
> off-road. And where...
Forum: Jeep January 21st 09, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Romain
Help Mike Romain

I am going to agree here, you need to find out what blew. I have seen
t-cases literally blown in half from driving in part time 4x4 on
pavement, but it sounds like the impact may be the cause of the...
Forum: Technology January 18th 09, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike Romain
Bad junk in gas lately.

OK, I have seen this a few times lately to the point of one carb totally
dissolved internally and wonder if anyone knows what's up.

I am finding sand or salt shaped crystals inside the float bowls. ...
Forum: Jeep January 18th 09, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Romain
Hydraulic clutch problems

Jo Baggs wrote:
> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
>> The black stuff strongly implies the fluid got contaminated...
Forum: Jeep January 18th 09, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Romain
Hydraulic clutch problems

The black stuff strongly implies the fluid got contaminated or it is the
wrong fluid for the system. When this happen, the 'rubber' looking
parts like piston cups and O-rings turn to black goo.

The...
Forum: Technology January 15th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Romain
94 Dodge 3.0 high HC at idle problem needs help. Update

Thanks Nate, I was thinking a good decarboning with a pint of ATF burned
slowly and the solvent treatment sure wouldn't hurt this one. My son
was driving with almost dead plugs and got a real jump...
Forum: Jeep January 15th 09, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 77
Posted By Mike Romain
appreciating veterans for the new year