Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Shuman[_2_]
Forum: Technology November 20th 08, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Battery Dead - Advice Appreciated

Using simple math, to draw down a fully charged 100A-H capacity battery in
168 hours (1 week) to the point where "the dash lights no longer illuminate"
, you'd need to draw approximately 0.6A over...
Forum: Saturn November 20th 08, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Battery Dead - Advice Appreciated

Using simple math, to draw down a fully charged 100A-H capacity battery in
168 hours (1 week) to the point where "the dash lights no longer illuminate"
, you'd need to draw approximately 0.6A over...
Forum: Saturn November 19th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Battery Dead - Advice Appreciated

Vic,

I do not agree with your response. Saying that a week of non-use is enough
time for a fully charged automotive battery to discharge to the point the OP
describes is ludicrous. Do the math and...
Forum: Technology November 19th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Battery Dead - Advice Appreciated

Vic,

I do not agree with your response. Saying that a week of non-use is enough
time for a fully charged automotive battery to discharge to the point the OP
describes is ludicrous. Do the math and...
Forum: Technology November 19th 08, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Battery Dead - Advice Appreciated

Comments are embedded below for your consideration.

Bob

> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My 1997...
Forum: Saturn November 19th 08, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Battery Dead - Advice Appreciated

Comments are embedded below for your consideration.

Bob

> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My 1997...
Forum: Chrysler November 19th 08, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
'95 Chrysler Concorde - Best Way ($) to Get Rid of It?

What three repairs are needed that total $1,100? If you can elaborate it
would help to determine if it is worth repairing.

Bob

"Rik Brown" > wrote in...
Forum: Chrysler November 18th 08, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
1990 Lebaron - 2 problems (both related to starting)

On the click- no-start, this could be for a number of reasons. I'd suggest
you verify the battery is good and that the connections to the battery posts
are clean and tight. Similarly, verify the...
Forum: Chrysler November 18th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Screw the big 3 auto makers. GO BANKTUPT!

While I agree that the big-3 need to re-focus on the existing market and fix
the underlying root business issues, I do not believe that
reliability/quality was one of them .

I can't comment on...
Forum: Saturn November 18th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
?VTI Transmission Experiences in the Vue?

Sounds to me like the primary problem is your dealer. Not to diminish the
issues with your vehicle, but all mechanical machines will break and can
have manufacturing or design defects. That said,...
Forum: Saturn November 17th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
1996 saturn sl2

I believe 1996 is when they went to one CTS ... I agree with verifying the
connector and connection are good, but the CTS design makes it very prone to
failure. When it fails, the...
Forum: Technology November 1st 08, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Ford's new hybrids go 47 mph on electric power alone

I do not live in AZ, but will add that the heat related failures (100 F plus
degrees ambient summer temp) that I have personally observed on my last 3
Sears Die Hard (7-year) batteries were not...
Forum: Chrysler October 21st 08, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
98 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Alternator Recommendation

IIRC, Lead Acid battery chemistry gives 2.105 volts at full charge. There
are 6 cells in a car battery, so nominal voltage of a charged battery should
be 12.63 volts. To properly charge a...
Forum: Chrysler October 12th 08, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
1999 T&C Minivan Rear Heater Core

Ted,

Yes, I have a compressor. I never thought of using it for this purpose
though. I guess that you must remove one of the heater hoses and attach it
there to get that to drain out. I'll give...
Forum: Saturn October 11th 08, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Saturn loosing oil?

I believe the SL1 is a 1.9L single overhead cam. EFI= Electronic Fuel
Injection. OHC=Over Head Cam.

Bob

"lbbss" > wrote in message...
Forum: Chrysler October 9th 08, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
1999 T&C Minivan Rear Heater Core

Ted,

As always, you are a wealth of information. Thanks. Based on your
response, you appear to be suggesting that I replace the rear core (thanks
for the idea of visiting a salvage yard to...
Forum: Chrysler October 9th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
1999 T&C Minivan Rear Heater Core

Ken,

Thanks for the thought, but I am extremely reluctant to use any type of
cooling system sealer/additive. My thinking here is that anything intended
to plug small leaks could only serve to...
Forum: Chrysler October 7th 08, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
1999 T&C Minivan Rear Heater Core

Ted,

Thanks much for your thoughts. By the way, I do realize I could completely
bypass the heater core and eliminate the leak, but would like to retain the
rear heater if possible since winters...
Forum: Chrysler October 6th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
1999 T&C Minivan Rear Heater Core

Several months ago I replaced all of the rubber coolant/heater hoses on my
1999 Town & Country Limited Minivan. Other than a few being a royal PITA, I
thought it went fairly uneventfully. A day...
Forum: Chrysler September 27th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
cold start problem

12 and 55 are start and end of codes ... 12 means the battery was recently
disconnected/CPU lost power and 55 means end of codes. Without at least one
more code in the middle, these 2 will not be...
Forum: Saturn September 24th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
Timing Belts vs Chains

It's basically a $$$ thing which adds to the cost of ownership ... with a
properly maintained engine, a timing chain should realistically last the
life of the vehicle. With timing belts, you'll...
Forum: Technology September 7th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
97 taurus running hot

When does the radiator cooling fan run (at half gauge, 3/4, ?) If the fan
runs and assuming the coolant is full without any trapped air pockets, then
I'd flush the radiator or re-place it. Good...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 5th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
HELP! Is It My Ignition Switch?.............

Based on what you have stated, the click you hear is probably the solenoid
and if so would eliminate the ignition key cylinder switch and starter relay
as possible causes. If the solenoid is...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 4th 08, 02:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
HELP! Is It My Ignition Switch?.............

Guitar Man,

If you are getting a click, then the ignition switch is almost certainly
functioning properly. From what you describe, it is clear that there is a
resistive voltage drop somewhere...
Forum: Saturn September 3rd 08, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Shuman[_2_]
1995 Saturn SL1 reverse/back-up lights & switch

Roger,

The 1157 is a two filament, 3 conductor/contact bulb that has been around
for many, many years. It is usually used for a combined turn
indicator/brake light function. Are you sure this is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 82