Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DougW
Forum: Jeep August 5th 07, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By DougW
XJ front brakes

twaldron wrote:
> DougW wrote:
>> twaldron wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Getting ready to replace the stock composite rotors and put new pad
>>> the the front of the XJ. What are you guys using and/or...
Forum: Jeep August 5th 07, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW
TJ won't start /run

SNSPRT wrote:
> scanner shows problem with camposition sensor.

With all the problems and replaced bits you are
mentioning, I would suspect a faulty harness or
ground splice issue.

That's going to...
Forum: Jeep August 5th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By DougW
XJ front brakes

twaldron wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Getting ready to replace the stock composite rotors and put new pad
> the the front of the XJ. What are you guys using and/or have had good
> luck with lately?

I'm a...
Forum: Jeep August 3rd 07, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW
95 cherokee ignition switch help

TF wrote:
> Just want to confirm ...if the key turns and the motor turns but the
> electrical does not come on before start and engine will not stay
> running is it the key cylinder or the switch?
Forum: Jeep August 2nd 07, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW
spammer domains 02 Aug 07

DougW wrote:

well, if that had actually gone to the correct news group.

--
DougW
I must be a great mechanic, I can always put it back

Sites found as of 8/2/2007 5:27:43 PM CST
csv format with header

----
Domain, IP, DNS, Registrar
aanshe.com,[220.113.9.34],34seddel.com,BEIJING INNOVATIVE LINKAGE TECHNOLOGY LTD. DBA...
Forum: Jeep August 1st 07, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW
Track any cellphone with this GPS tracking site

GpsSpying.Com spammed:
<snip>

Oh dear. It seems ATT and GoDaddy both got larts because of your spam.

enjoy your crater.

--
DougW
Forum: Jeep July 31st 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Jamie Mello wrote:
> Hey all of you I just got my jeep back from the shop. Yesterday and it
> turn out the front track bar bushing was worn out. So they replaced it
> and no more death wobble. Well I...
Forum: Jeep July 29th 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By DougW
Child safety in a TJ Sport

griffin wrote:
> I've got a '99 TJ Sport and a 4 year old who I normally transport
> around in a car. Are Jeeps safe for children? Any special car seats,
> strap setups, cautions, warnings, pieces of...
Forum: Jeep July 29th 07, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By DougW
Jeep Announces Lifetime Power Train Warranty

griffin wrote:
> I'm tempted to go get a little rubber stamp made with tiny tiny tiny
> font that says "<insert name> can back out of this contract at any
> time for any reason" and then stamp it...
Forum: Jeep July 28th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

XS11E wrote:
> Mike Romain > wrote:
>
>> Frank_v7.0 wrote:
>>> Starting with '07 Jeeps purchased 07-25-07 Jeep is offering a
>>> "Lifetime" Power Train warranty. If the terms are...
Forum: Jeep July 28th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By DougW
Building a 'new' CJ7

RapidRonnie wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2:38 pm, c > wrote:
>> Steve Foley wrote:
>>> I saw on the Discovery Channel a company out of California building
>>> 'new' 1969 Camaros (Unique...
Forum: Jeep July 26th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By DougW
clutch chatter/rattle noise

jpurl77 wrote:
> what the hell guys? i thought this was "rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys"
> not "bull****.com"

learn the benefits of killfilters. :)

--
DougW
Forum: Jeep July 25th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

bpb wrote:
> I am hoping someone out there could help me out. when i would be
> braking, just before stopping my brakes would grab and the abs would
> kick in. it was quite a hard stop. after a few...
Forum: Jeep July 24th 07, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW
test

EricH wrote:
> able to post

Must not be working, I don't see it.

--
DougW
Forum: Chrysler July 24th 07, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Fred wrote:
> Hi, I have the above mentioned vehicle It has no lifts or mods of any
> type and has the 15 inch stock rims on it.Will 30 X 9.50 X 15 tires
> fit on this jeep with no lift or...
Forum: Jeep July 24th 07, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Fred wrote:
> Hi, I have the above mentioned vehicle It has no lifts or mods of any
> type and has the 15 inch stock rims on it.Will 30 X 9.50 X 15 tires
> fit on this jeep with no lift or...
Forum: Jeep July 23rd 07, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By DougW
Oh boy, what's that noise?

Jon wrote:
> '97 TJ, 4.0, roughly 130-140k on the odometer.
>
> Bear with me, as I'm trying to narrow down the source of a persistent
> engine noise. I'm well versed in mechanics, but this is the...
Forum: Jeep July 23rd 07, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW
TJ key stolen; so can you *delete* a transponder key from the Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS)?

bllsht wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 00:12:52 -0500, Richard J Kinch
> > wrote:
>
>> Suppose you had your TJ's ignition key stolen, one of the
>> transponder types that works with...
Forum: Jeep July 23rd 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By DougW
Ignition switch/lock problem

Jeff DeWitt wrote:
> My 96 XJ has something like 330k on it and the ignition switch and
> lock has never given any trouble until today.
>
> Got in the Jeep, turned the key and it felt like something...
Forum: Jeep July 22nd 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 25
Posted By DougW
TJ vs JK

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> "T. Greening" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Say what!?
>>>
>>> Metal can be made stronger by bending it then...
Forum: Jeep July 22nd 07, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By DougW
91 jeep wrangler

cstaylor via CarKB.com wrote:
> DougW wrote:
>>> Question.. Have 91 jeep wrangler it makes gear grinding noise and
>>> will not go into reverse except in 4low which it works fine... ANY
>>> IDEAS...
Forum: Jeep July 22nd 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By DougW
Electrical problem no. 2

jerryg wrote:

> The switch is not melted at all. My question is, why when I put it
> back in, jump started the vehicle it started. When I removed the
> jumper cable, the engine stalled.

Broken top...
Forum: Jeep July 22nd 07, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW
Governor Pressure Sensor Voltage (P1762, P1764)

googlegroups @ gersic.com wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Doug. No, it wasn't the first fluid change, but
> it has been about 4 years since I did it last, and the car does have a
> little over 180,000...
Forum: Jeep July 22nd 07, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys