Showing results 1 to 25 of 78
Search took 6.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ROY BRAGG
Forum: Technology April 11th 09, 12:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By ROY BRAGG
slow throttle tip-in on '08 3.5 flex-fuel?

I don't know about the 3.5 engine, but I test drove an Impala SS with the
5.3 V8, and I did not notice any lag on the drive-by-wire. The only thing I
noticed (besides the awesome power) was a...
Forum: Technology October 24th 08, 07:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Problem with wiper blades or windshield glass?

Something else that will work if you are caught in a rainstorm with smudges
on the windshield--Coca Cola. Pour it on the glass with the wipers running
(only do in a rain) and it clears the film...
Forum: Technology October 14th 08, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By ROY BRAGG
COMPACT DISCS ARE DEAD!!!

Me, too. I don't play the Vinyl as much, but I have a pretty fair
collection of them dating from 1956, and a CD collection going back to 1984.
When I buy recorded media, it is meant to last and be...
Forum: Technology September 5th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ROY BRAGG
2004 Checy Silverado down't idle down

Is the throttle cable/linkage possibly binding and not allowing the throttle
plates to close? This could be a factor.
Roy
"Dave Foreman" > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology August 25th 08, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 28
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Impala steering wheel falling apart?

This sounds like a strange situation to me. I have a 2000 Impala that was
purchased new in summer of 1999, and I have had no problems like this.
Roy
"Vic Smith" >...
Forum: Technology August 18th 08, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Air pump that will automatically inflate to a specific pressure, and stop?

My stepmom has one you can set the pressure and stop, but I have no idea
what brand it is. I only saw it once about 3 years ago when I used it to
inflate a tire and I don't visit them too...
Forum: Technology July 30th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By ROY BRAGG
What gets damaged when the engine is over-revved?

Those Chevy 283's could redline 5500 with hydraulic lifters, and around 6500
with solid lifters.
Roy
> wrote in message...
Forum: Technology July 21st 08, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Mechanics Gloves?

Some mechanics I know use them because they have heard some of the chemicals
used in auto shops could be cancer causing.
Roy
"M.M." > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology June 30th 08, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.cadillac,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos
Replies: 7
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition: 2nd row bench seats?

SEcond row bench seats are normally divided 2/3-1/3, so the jump seat can
fold down or fold and slide forward to allow access to the third row seat.
This is the way Suburbans have done second row...
Forum: Auto Photos June 13th 08, 07:21 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 2
Posted By ROY BRAGG
1955 Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday - white over red - fvr

Amen to that!!
Roy
"TNL" > wrote in message
> Absolutely beautiful!!!
>
> --
> TNL
> Please remove "nuttinbut" to reply...
Forum: Auto Photos May 19th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Repost of Mad Max's Finest: 1954 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Black Frt Side=jrk=.jpg 444654 bytes

I think the early 1955 had the chrome grille like this one, this could be an
early design '55.
Roy
> wrote in message...
Forum: Technology May 15th 08, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By ROY BRAGG
OK to remove thermostat?

Not only will the engine be running too cool, but the enriched fuel mixture
will cause the catalytic converter to overheat and create a fire hazard.
Roy
"John S." > wrote in message...
Forum: Auto Photos May 14th 08, 07:52 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 30
Posted By ROY BRAGG
New - 1958 Chevy Imapala 348 Tri-Power Convertible Engine fvl Blue.jpg 144667 bytes

1961 was the last year the 3x2 option was available, the 348 engine was
dropped and the 409 with 2 4 barrels became the big block powerhouse engine.
Roy
"d" > wrote in message...
Forum: Antique cars May 5th 08, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 9
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Harry Truman's 1953 Chrysler New Yorker

Yes, Chrysler V-8s were all hemis in the early 50's.
Roy
"Dwight D. Eisenhower" > wrote in message...
Forum: Auto Photos April 8th 08, 05:46 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Named but unedited: 1948 Chevrolet Convertible Mild Custom Beige rv (2006 Dream Cruise) IMG_8657.jpg 336244 bytes

This is a 1947, the 1948 had a vertical T-bar in the center of the grille.
Roy
> wrote in message
>
> For Roadsign,...
Forum: Auto Photos March 20th 08, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 4
Posted By ROY BRAGG
1947 Chevrolet Fleetline - two tone beige - fvr

my dad owned a 1947 Chevy, and it did not sag. This is a slick low rider.
Also, it has the vertical T-bar in the grille, a feature of the 1948. Many
1947 owners added this bar and traded their...
Forum: Auto Photos March 8th 08, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Web finds - File 017 of 187 - 1950 Chevrolet Deluxe 4dr Aerosedan fvl.jpg

This model was the Fleetline Deluxe series.
Roy
"Zinc" > wrote in message
> That's a diehard surfer.
>
> --
> Z~

Forum: Auto Photos March 8th 08, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Web finds - File 022 of 187 - 1955 Cadillac Coupe DeVille engine-2.jpg (1/1)

This engine is ot original, the a/c compressor is a design from 1962 or
later, and it is also mounted on the opposite side. The 55 had the
compressor on the right side of the engine.
Roy
"Mike G"...
Forum: Auto Photos February 25th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 4
Posted By ROY BRAGG
1967 Oldsmobile Toronado-lgrn-1=mx=.jpg (1/1) 82304 bytes

Not connected to USC, but I had a friend in my hometown that owned a '66
this color that I dearly loved.
Roy
"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message...
Forum: Auto Photos February 24th 08, 07:51 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 7
Posted By ROY BRAGG
1952 Chevrolet

Maybe this car is like Johnny Cash's Cadillac in the song "One piece at a
time".
Roy
"Jonno" > wrote in message
> And a 1950 hood front...
Forum: Auto Photos February 20th 08, 08:43 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Oldie Ford Bronco

I had a friend that owned one like this, I think it is a 72.
Roy
"ThomasS2" > wrote in message
> Side marker lights would put...
Forum: Technology February 13th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 12
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Radio automatic turnoff: nothing can go wrong go wrong go wrong

I don't know about the 2007, but my 2000 Impala will turn off the radio
regardless which door is opened after turning off the ignition. Also, I can
press the odometer/trip button to display...
Forum: Technology January 25th 08, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By ROY BRAGG
2006 Chevy Impala Rough Idle

You don't say how many miles are on the car, but I had a similar experience
with my 2000 Impala. It would act as though it was going to die, but would
recover. The idle was unaffected. My...
Forum: Auto Photos January 11th 08, 04:30 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 4
Posted By ROY BRAGG
Calendar Scans: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner Sv.jpg (1/1) 541451 bytes

This is a 1958.
Roy
> wrote in message
>
> 2007 Calendar.