Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: really real
Forum: BMW August 7th 14, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

> Note that the locking system and the alarm aren't the same thing, and you
> seem to be talking as if you think they are. They _do_ interoperate with
> one another though.

True, but by manually...
Forum: BMW August 1st 14, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

Stop the press! Everything I said in my previous post turns out to be
totally wrong.

The service guy had told me that they would disconnect my alarm in a way
that would allow me to still use the...
Forum: BMW July 31st 14, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

Just in case anyone is still following my adventures, here's what
happened to my three month old car.

1. The car alarm problem was caused by a defective part in the sunroof.
This part will take...
Forum: BMW July 29th 14, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

>> But I'd better not share that information here, because you don't want
>> me to.
>
> Now you're just being childish.

Now I'm confused about what I should and shouldn't say.

I figured some...
Forum: BMW July 29th 14, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

> Jeez! Two people told you *exactly* what to do about it, yet you
> continued to pontificate on the subject here.

No, I continue to question people about what to do, and I question you
about...
Forum: BMW July 28th 14, 07:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

On 7/28/2014 8:02 AM, Dean Dark wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 06:22:09 -0700, really real >
> wrote:
>
>> But we're still sort of embarrassed to own a BMW, especially
>> when our...
Forum: BMW July 28th 14, 02:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

:

>> It's true. I'm showing off that we have a new BMW while most of the
>> people here are enthusiasts of older, cheaper BMWs.
>
> A 328 is merely an entry level four-pot BMW, you know?

Of...
Forum: BMW July 28th 14, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

> He says the car's three months old. Assuming it's the factory alarm
> that's causing problems, then why on *earth* wouldn't he or anybody
> else just dump it back on the dealer with instructions...
Forum: BMW July 27th 14, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By really real
car alarm problems

My wife's three month old BMW 3281 sports touring had it's car alarm
going off this morning. It would stop and start again. We tried
locking/unlocking, and then driving it and stopping. Eventually...
Forum: BMW July 27th 14, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By really real
BMW M235i review

from the New York Times

Not Quite an M Car, but Stirring in Spirit
2014 BMW M235i Review
By LAWRENCE ULRICH JULY 25, 2014

Here’s a tire-kicking experiment: Pay a visit to your BMW dealer....
Forum: BMW July 23rd 14, 02:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

>> Econo Mode is not just about the transmission. The fan and the air
>> conditioning are also affected.
>

> I do not believe that to be true, and it doesn't matter in the context
> of this...
Forum: BMW July 22nd 14, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

> I think they really call it steptronic, but whatever.
>
> You can put the gear selector in D and you have the economy mode, and
> you can move the lever to the side and you get the sport mode. In...
Forum: BMW July 22nd 14, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

> Cars with the selectronic, or whatever they call it, may not have the
> sport mode button because there is a manual shift mode that the driver
> invokes by moving the gear selector to the side....
Forum: BMW July 21st 14, 02:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

>> I would say that a person who drives distances and doesn't listen to
>> music is someone who doesn't love music.
>>

> In a 6-pot, the music is the engine.

I was never a big fan of industrial...
Forum: BMW July 21st 14, 01:21 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

> And don't even get me started about people wanting cup holders ...

My cousin's 2010 wagon has this interesting cup holder that pops out of
the glove compartment. It's a bit awkward,...
Forum: BMW July 21st 14, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

> The "sports" package may even remove the switch, and it may instead include
> firmware that is "sporty" all the time.

Nope, my wife bought a 2014 Sports and it comes with the sports mode...
Forum: BMW July 20th 14, 02:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

> You guys are talking about two different things.
>
> First of all, the "sports" packages offer a bunch of things that may
> improve handling and performance.
>
> Secondly, the "efficient dynamics"...
Forum: BMW July 20th 14, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

> 381?
>
> Sports Mode, like a button or something? They never put a button in the
> 3 Series cars, but there was (is) a Sports Package that gives stiffer
> springs, an upgraded wheel package and...
Forum: BMW July 18th 14, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By really real
When did BMW's get sports mode?

I sat in my cousin's 2010 381 Sports Wagon today and was amazed to see
that it doesn't have sports mode. When did sports mode start?

I suppose her 381 drives more sportingly than my wife's new 381...
Forum: BMW July 11th 14, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By really real
2014 kidney grill change

>> In the opinion of a lightweight who probably thinks that anything new
>> and different is "more attractive".

> The prettiest BMW in recent decades was the E39 and it was only a 5 series.

I...
Forum: BMW July 7th 14, 02:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By really real
2014 kidney grill change

On 7/6/2014 7:32 PM, dizzy wrote:
> really real > wrote:
>
>> more attractive change.
>
> In the opinion of a lightweight who probably thinks that anything new
> and different is...
Forum: BMW July 6th 14, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By really real
Hofmeister Kink vs Bangle Butt

Being a new BMW owner, I now get interesting BMW literature mailed to
me. Recently I got a booklet called The Art of Driving, which showed the
Hofmeister Kink, that rear window angle line designed...
Forum: BMW June 30th 14, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By really real
2014 kidney grill change

Since buying a 2014 381i BMW Sports Touring, I've been looking a lot at
the styles of the BMW's I see on the street. It seems that the kidney
grill changed in 2014, slightly, but importantly.

The...
Forum: BMW June 29th 14, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By really real
BMWs and iPod Classics

> the hard drive is also (very) limited in song capacity : some 12Gb for
> 2500 compressed songs maximum.
> I have no problem with an iphone, and theoretically an ipod classic has
> the same 30...
Forum: BMW June 29th 14, 02:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By really real
BMWs and iPod Classics

When we test drove a BMW 381i Touring (wagon) I took along my iPod which
stopped working after one song. The salesman said they were incomparable
with BMWs and suggested I get a newer iPod like a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34