Showing results 1 to 25 of 69
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Horner
Forum: Honda October 28th 08, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 78
Posted By John Horner
Questions about new Accord

> Here is the formula BMW uses for their oil change messaging:
>
> e = a(1 + t + r) = estimated mileage
>
> a= actual mileage
>
> t = 1 if engine temp below operating temp, else t = 0
>
> r =...
Forum: Honda October 28th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 78
Posted By John Horner
Questions about new Accord

wrote:

> Here is the formula BMW uses for their oil change messaging:
>
> e = a(1 + t + r) = estimated mileage
>
> a= actual mileage
>
> t = 1 if engine temp below...
Forum: Honda October 18th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By John Horner
2003 Accord sedan radio went dark

I am sure glad I enjoy doing my own maintenance.

> 1. rear pads = 2mm, danger level!!! ($260) I changed the pads 2 years &
> 21,000 miles ago - I'll examine them next time I have the rear wheels...
Forum: Honda October 18th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 34
Posted By John Horner
2004 accord - ATF and engine oil change

Pszemol wrote:

> The drain plug for the ATF is so close to the front bumper that you also
> do not need to crawl under the car at all. My ATF drain plug was for
> some reason put too tight so I...
Forum: Honda September 20th 08, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 51
Posted By John Horner
2004 accord 4-cyl: ATF filter?

Tegger wrote:

> They've been there on factory remans since at least the early '90s.
>
> All 2001's came with them from new. I haven't determined yet exactly when
> the factory began installing...
Forum: Honda September 20th 08, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 51
Posted By John Horner
2004 accord 4-cyl: ATF filter?

E Meyer wrote:
> On 9/9/08 10:14 PM, in article , "Pszemol"
> > wrote:
>
>> Interesting article about ATF replacement in your Honda Accord:
Forum: Honda September 20th 08, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 23
Posted By John Horner
Tegger changes his shocks

I'm not sure what the forces involved in compressing that spring are,
but I do know from experience with a home made spring compressor for an
old Jaguar that standard all-thread rod like it looks...
Forum: Honda June 17th 08, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By John Horner
Fickle temp gauge in 2008 accord?

Tegger wrote:
> Clear as mud?

Yes, and it is still a dumb algorithm. The net results is that in
summer stop and go city driving the gauge is almost never right. It
also works badly in...
Forum: Honda June 17th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

alfred wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I noticed that for a few hours my temp gauge in my accord decided to
> stay at 59F even though the temp outside had moved from 59F to 70F. Later,
> in about 3...
Forum: Technology April 16th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 233
Posted By John Horner
Yaris, Scion xD, Honda Fit - no water temp gauge

wrote:
> I've been thinking about what my next commute car is going to be. 80
> miles/day, it's just me and my briefcase, so thinking of a small
> vehicle with great gas mileage....
Forum: Honda December 30th 07, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 39
Posted By John Horner
OEM Online Honda Parts Sites

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> Bzzzzt! Really Wrong Answer!!!
>
> If they, (the vendor), has no physical presence in your state and the
> order is via the internet, NO TAX OF ANY KIND CAN BE...
Forum: Honda December 30th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

Howard Lester wrote:
> "jim beam" wrote
>
>>> Remember, if you will, that the OP said that he had no obligation to pay
>>> the tax himself. He is obliged to pay it. As you have pointed out, the...
Forum: Honda December 30th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

jim beam wrote:
> Say What? wrote:
Forum: Honda December 30th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

jim beam wrote:
> Elle wrote:
>> My 91 Civic is due for some new ignition wires. I started checking OEM
>> online Honda parts places that I have used in the past. Shipping seems
>> to have shot...
Forum: Technology December 9th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.pontiac,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By John Horner
Low Oil Pressu OW-40 OK?

Mike wrote:

> Yes. 0W-40 is a thinner oil which will lower your oil pressure. You want to
> use a thicker oil like 10W-30 or 20W-50.

This is a misunderstanding. A 0W-40 oil will be...
Forum: Technology November 10th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By John Horner
Antifreeze for a '95 Volvo 960

Zerex G-05 fluid is my choice for modern Volvos. It is specifically
approved by Mercedes and is a very similar formulation to the Volvo
factory stuff.
Forum: Honda September 12th 07, 06:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 12
Posted By John Horner
2002-2006 CRV rear diff fluid replacement TSB

News wrote:

>> To you the customer this means take your car to the dealer and ask
>> them to find out.
>

> Been there, done that.

Forum: Honda September 11th 07, 06:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

News wrote:
> What's the record on getting this service covered by warranty?
>
> Is there a new, lower replacement interval? (Was "90,000 miles".)

Here is what the TSB says about that:

"...
Forum: Honda April 21st 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 18
Posted By John Horner
2003 Honda Accord battery

Rudy wrote:

> As an update I decided to give the car a run of about 50 highway miles
> (about 45 minutes at 70-80 mph). I then checked the battery and the
> built in hydrometer had no change in...
Forum: Honda April 18th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 18
Posted By John Horner
2003 Honda Accord battery

Rudy wrote:
> My 2003 Honda Accord (4 cyl auto) has the original battery. I can't
> see the brand if it matters. Most batteries where I live last 3 to 4
> years.
>
> Last year I was going to...
Forum: Technology March 28th 07, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.pontiac,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By John Horner
Engine Transplant Recommendation

Scott Buchanan wrote:
> I bought my first non-GM car in more than twenty years yesterday. It is a
> 1985 Mercedes 230 CE which is a gray market car here in the US. The body and
> interior are in very...
Forum: Honda February 18th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 32
Posted By John Horner
Probably gonna get an Odyssey...

Woody wrote:
> But he is comparing it to a 2002. The problems he had then are also fixed in
> the 07 GM cars. The 07 Odyssey hasn't been out long enough to say the
> problems are fixed....

GM's...
Forum: Honda February 18th 07, 03:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Seth wrote:
> Been looking to get the wife a new minivan. Her '02 Venture WB-Edition I no
> longer trust.

Get rid of that thing. Our '02 Olds Silhoette (same van) started to
become very...
Forum: Chrysler December 19th 06, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 123
Posted By John Horner
GM joins Ford in jettisoning the minivan market

Bill Putney wrote:

> Based on what? Here in VA, most state trooper cars are Impalas.
>
> Bill Putney

Have a look he
Forum: Chrysler December 19th 06, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

Steve wrote:

> I liked the driving position on the E-series much better than the Dodge
> B-series because the Ford "extended nose" reduced the size of the
> doghouse quite a bit, but the Fords...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 69