Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul.
Forum: Honda May 15th 07, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul.
Dead Battery?

Very common failure mode here in Phoenix. No warning, just dead. Up north,
you get some warning with sluggish turn over of the engine during startup,
etc. The heat here kills a battery quickly...
Forum: Honda May 13th 07, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul.
Factory recommended service intervals

Maintenance lists are in the manual but there is no set mileage as the
maintenance computer tracks that stuff and your dash board lights will tell
you what is due and when.

Paul.
"Eye In The Sky"...
Forum: Honda April 19th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul.
2003 Honda Accord battery

I wish my batteries would last five years. Here in Phoenix, the summer heat
really kills a battery. My average life for a battery is 4 years and that's
good around here. When I lived in the cold...
Forum: Honda April 19th 07, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul.
when to change timing belt

Timing belts are lasting longer than they used to. Better belts, better
sprocket tolerances, better tensioning systems, who knows?

In the 90's the replacement interval went from 60,000 miles to...
Forum: Honda April 19th 07, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul.
broken timing belt=valve damage?

When you get the new timing belt back on, try to rotate the engine. Engine
damage is usually obvious at that point. If it rotates okay, do a cylinder
compression test. If that's okay, all is...
Forum: Honda January 18th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul.
New Accord Initial Oil Change Interval

Thanks to all that responded. I appreciate your thoughts and will trust the
engine oil life indicator.

Paul.

"Paul." > wrote in message...
Forum: Honda January 17th 07, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul.
New Accord Initial Oil Change Interval

Well, I bought an '07 Accord and am getting nervous (anxious) about the
first oil change. For a new car, I normally change the oil at 1,500 miles,
3,000 miles and every 3,000 miles...
Forum: Honda December 15th 06, 04:36 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 50
Posted By Paul.
All the oil ran out of my new 2007 CR-V !!

Can you compare the vehicle MPG before and after the incident? If the MPG
drops, that would be an indication of increased friction due to damage. Or
it could be colder weather and longer warm up...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8