Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Goodall
Forum: Chrysler March 1st 12, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
Help! problem with dealer

Thanks to everyone who responded. Problem solved. I contacted the Sec. of State of Indiana. I was given the name of a field agent in this area. She paid them a visit, and the next day they contacted...
Forum: Chrysler February 20th 12, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
Help! problem with dealer

Thanks to everyone who replied. Other than having to let my son use my ailing plymouth grand voyager, my defense for posting in this group is that I looked at a ford group, no posts since 2005. I...
Forum: Chrysler February 19th 12, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
Help! problem with dealer

Rob, the VIN on the door matches the plate on the dash, and if the car isn't stolen, then is it typical for a used car dealer not to come up with a title a month and a half later? By the way, thanks...
Forum: Chrysler February 19th 12, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
Help! problem with dealer

My son (22, inexperienced) bought a 99 Taurus from a used car dealer in NW Indiana. When he took the car to the BMV to get plates, they checked the VIN on the car against the title. It was completely...
Forum: Chrysler September 30th 11, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

Thanks, u c, that's what I was afraid of. Can you tell me where the power module is located on the minivan? Also, what other symptoms might the vehicle have with the power module shorted?
Thanks,...
Forum: Chrysler September 9th 11, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the 2 green wires on the relay connector. Rather than being dark & light green, mine are green & blue-green.
Can anybody tell me whether the dark...
Forum: Chrysler September 9th 11, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

My wife's picking up an analog VOM for $20 at the Shack, but she won't be back til 2 am. Meanwhile I'm going to go over everything and see if I
missed anything. (for instance, even though the fan's...
Forum: Chrysler September 8th 11, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

Thanks, guys. I'm not going to bypass straight to the fans/ battery/ fusebox, because here in NW Indiana we have to
pass emission tests to renew plates and registration. Check engine light's an...
Forum: Chrysler September 8th 11, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

Yeah, SRN, I'm aware that it's a "circuit". Like I said, I checked the 40 amp fuse, and a week ago, I got +12v at pin 1 on the relay connector.
Mark
Forum: Chrysler September 8th 11, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

Daniel, the orange 40 amp fuse is fine. I'd run the test in the
morning, but all I've got is a digital VOM. I'll try to hustle an
analog from neighbors tomorrow. I'm I even asking the right...
Forum: Chrysler September 8th 11, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Goodall
98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

For some background, see my posts he https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.autos.makers.chrysler/d-nN1f4nVAo
Anyway I put in a new fan and a new relay, drove to work to warm it up good...
Forum: Chrysler September 8th 11, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Goodall
Radiator fan relay, 98 Grand Voyager 3.0 L, continued

Yes it did throw the code for rad fan pwm relay - the Advance Auto guy wrote the code down and wrote something about exhaust emission control (wrong) I looked it up at home and confirmed it at...
Forum: Chrysler September 5th 11, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Goodall
What's burning out the radiator fan relay, 98 Grand Voyager 3.0?

Hey PaxPerPoten, (is that Latin?) ng_reader was the one who said "yes they are cheap, like 12 bucks" Not at Advance, it was about 58 bucks. Check out my previous post. I guess I'll call Advance &...
Forum: Chrysler September 5th 11, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Goodall
What's burning out the radiator fan relay, 98 Grand Voyager 3.0?

Thanks, Mopar Man. And PaxPerPoten, check out this fan test:
http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/jeep_fan_relay_4.0L_4.7L/fan_relay_test_6.php
I ran the test with my multimeter, passenger side fan...
Forum: Chrysler September 5th 11, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Goodall
What's burning out the radiator fan relay, 98 Grand Voyager 3.0?

Thanks Mopar Man, how do I know I've got the fan polarity right? Blowing toward the engine?
Mark Goodall
Forum: Chrysler September 5th 11, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Goodall
Radiator fan relay, 98 Grand Voyager 3.0 L, continued

It appears it's not the 'relay' this time. I replaced it ($58) and the fans wouldn't work, running the van up past normal temp. I should have known, because last time the check engine scan threw a...
Forum: Chrysler September 5th 11, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler