Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Technology September 18th 19, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
1980 Ford Ranger barn find

I was at a friends garage helping with his Ford Ranger that's been stuck in the garage for 19 years. We jacked up each wheel and inflated the tires, but 2 wheels are still stuck. We'll eventually use...
Forum: Technology September 18th 19, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Cord showing on tire, is this bad?

has anyone yet suggested swapping the bad front tires to the rear, for a reduction in the inevitable blow out catastrophe?
Forum: Technology August 25th 19, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Asleep at the wheel.

Many years ago CMU nerds made a device that looks in the drivers face and says something when he nods off. At the trucking con last week I was told there is a machine for that now.

Nils
Forum: Technology April 1st 19, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Why are torque wrenches eschewed by many mechanics

One of my favourite memories of my first car, a 60's beetle in Germnay. Wanted to change tire, but it was way overtorqued, and the hulking gas station guy said "you just need to pull harder". He...
Forum: Technology March 28th 19, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Idler pulley squeeks, lubricate or replace?

My 94 Saturn SL2 squeels when first started, and may be getting worse. Likeliest guess is the idler pulley bearings. It's not an easy replacement, going through the wheel well. Should I be able to...
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6