Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: P.O.W.
Forum: VW air cooled March 23rd 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 43
Posted By P.O.W.
How long were ACVW's designed to last?

10 years. I know they used to award a badge if your engine made it to
100,000 km... 60,000 miles.
and who can afford re-building from the pan up?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a...
Forum: VW air cooled March 23rd 08, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

It idles fine on the choke , but warmed up it stalls pretty quickly.
which screw should I turn (fat or little one) and which way, in or out?
TIA.

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a...
Forum: VW air cooled March 20th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

well, the VDO tach is working but it seems not to Zero.
when I turn the key it's needle moves up , but not quite to zero.
Is there an adjustment I know about?

--
when you believe the only tool you...
Forum: VW air cooled March 17th 08, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

In article
wrote:

> I really new to all this, but I was wondering what is the best way to
> get the beetle...
Forum: VW air cooled March 15th 08, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By P.O.W.
actually OIL cooled

the air cools the oil. ACVW's have a radiator .. for the oil.
but, you knew that.

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
problems tend to look like nails.

In article
Andrew > wrote:

> Sorry, but I am back. This time I now have 4 VW's. The most recent is
> a 71...
Forum: VW air cooled March 10th 08, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By P.O.W.
Sluggish Starting

In article >,
"John" > wrote:

> Check all terminations to starter and battery. The earth strap from batt neg
> to chassis, tight?, clean?...
Forum: VW air cooled March 6th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By P.O.W.
Tach hook-up q.

I bought a ACVW and someone had once installed a VDO Tachometer in the
dash. but how was it connected to the engine. the engine has been
replaced. if there were a sender unit it is gone.
any...
Forum: VW air cooled March 4th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By P.O.W.
Lost Ignition Key

In article
" > wrote:

> Forgot to mention that the car is a '69...
Forum: VW air cooled March 3rd 08, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By P.O.W.
road trip !

I think it's time to sell the KG Cab. '62 body on a '69 pan. the best of
both worlds. but not for purists, not original , but very little rust.
can deliver in Northern California. ...
Forum: VW air cooled February 29th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By P.O.W.
Think I blew a piston?

In article >,
"dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:

> BTW I like that "poor man's" test! lol
>
> One out of many daves

another...
Forum: VW air cooled February 21st 08, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By P.O.W.
Plugged fuel line problem

twice my ACVW has come to a halt. both times it seems the fuel line was
plugged, what is going on here?
and just blowing back , by mouth , was too hard. A compressor did it.
if this ever happens...
Forum: VW air cooled February 16th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By P.O.W.
Gas in the OIL

besides a cracked carb. body, how could gas get into the oil?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
problems tend to look like nails.
Forum: VW air cooled February 13th 08, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By P.O.W.
Hard Starting when hot.

In article >,
Speedy Jim > wrote:

> P.O.W. wrote:
>
> > after running awhile our motor just turns over slower.
> > any...
Forum: VW air cooled February 13th 08, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By P.O.W.
Hard Starting when hot.

after running awhile our motor just turns over slower.
any hints?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
problems tend to look like nails.
Forum: VW air cooled February 4th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By P.O.W.
tow hitch q.

How can you tell if a tow bar is suitable for a Ghia?
I know the Ghia bar is longer to deal with the longer nose.
for turns.
what do you measure?
I'm looking at one , but will it fit a Ghia?

--...
Forum: VW air cooled February 4th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By P.O.W.
bleeder screw rusted?

boy, do they like to snap off.
to prevent trouble. put a drop of easing oil at the base of each
bleeder screw. way before attempting to loosen them. I even use old
motor oil. time will let it...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17