Showing results 1 to 25 of 98
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Berckman
Forum: VW air cooled January 16th 18, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Berckman
I miss this place

I am still around, but now VWs at the moment. Not aircooled, but have owned a 07 Honda Element for the last 8 years. I have gotten back into bicycling and camping and the use the Element as a camper...
Forum: VW air cooled June 21st 13, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Berckman
Drive your VW to work day

I remember the first Drive Day in about 1998. I will have to get a VW by tomorrow to drive it to work.

On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:24:36 PM UTC-4, vwluvrs wrote:
> Don't forget, Drive Your VW...
Forum: VW air cooled May 3rd 13, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Bill Berckman
Beetle/bug Pickup project

Wow! One post with 19 replies. Nice to see Ramva rockin again. I remember back in the late 70's seeing a Beetle pick-up conversion abandoned with no engine that would have been mine for the taking....
Forum: VW air cooled April 30th 13, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Berckman
Beutler Sports Car

Hi Alvin:

Yep I learned to read a while ago. :o) Sold the 67 a few years back. Would like to get another one sometime in the future. Am driving a Honda Element for my daily driver now. Not German...
Forum: VW air cooled April 29th 13, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Berckman
Beutler Sports Car

On Saturday, April 6, 2013 10:45:39 PM UTC-4, Bill Berckman wrote:
> I was reading a car related book called the Encylopedia of Sports Cars. Was reading about a car called the Beutler. They were a...
Forum: VW air cooled April 7th 13, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Berckman
Beutler Sports Car

I was reading a car related book called the Encylopedia of Sports Cars. Was reading about a car called the Beutler. They were a Swiss coachbuilder. They did some work for Porsche and used some VWs...
Forum: VW air cooled February 1st 13, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Berckman
Cal Look

Thanks. I guess I need to get with the times and get a Facebook account, so I can view the new Cal-Look site. Not related to Cal-Look, but everyone is probably familiar with James Dean's Porsche...
Forum: VW air cooled January 26th 13, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Berckman
Cal Look

I just noticed that http://www.cal-look.com/ has decided to close up shop after 13years. That site and RAMVA had been my 2 favorite VW sites. Will miss reading about the VW racing stuff there.
Forum: VW air cooled October 12th 12, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill Berckman
Hola

Hi Terry:

It has been a long time. Good to see you posting again.

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:53:48 PM UTC-4, vwluvrs wrote:
> Terry KULL here, vwluvrs, still around. Still in cali
Forum: VW air cooled April 1st 12, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Berckman
Father Of The VW Beetle

In every VW book I have read, they cite Ferdinand Porsche as the
person who designed the VW Beetle. I ran across some information
today that disputes that. It says that an engineer by the name...
Forum: VW air cooled March 18th 12, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By Bill Berckman
So it's been a decade...

Rob:

Glad to see you are still driving an ACVW. It has been a while. I
remember the links page. That was back when the internet was still
fairly new and free server space on Geo Cities and other...
Forum: VW air cooled March 3rd 12, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By Bill Berckman
So it's been a decade...

There is a reunion going on and nobody told me about it. :o) I still
check in from time to time and today just happened to be one of those
times. Good to see some familiar names. This group may...
Forum: VW air cooled February 8th 11, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Berckman
Hello to everyone on the group

I still lurk around here once in a while. Good to see a you posting
again

On Feb 7, 7:33*am, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> fred67bug wrote:
> > Hi, I Haven't posted on...
Forum: VW air cooled January 31st 11, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Berckman
Sweetest VW ever.

Nice except for the Auto Stick.

On Jan 21, 2:23*am, "DogDiesel" > wrote:
> I posted this because its awesome looking. About 40 miles from me. .
> Pictures are good. Somebody went...
Forum: VW air cooled January 3rd 11, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Bill Berckman
Where Is Everybody?

I remember those days too. Remember when the New Years Eve Ramva
Chatroom was full all day.

On Dec 18 2010, 9:34*pm, Jan Andersson > wrote:
> On 12/18/2010 2:37 PM, Randall...
Forum: VW air cooled December 5th 10, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Berckman
'77 std. bug for sale

I remember when you bought that car from Earle. Sorry to hear that
you are selling, but hope that it goes to a good home. :o)

On Dec 1, 3:01*pm, Tim Rogers > wrote:
> This your...
Forum: VW air cooled July 5th 10, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Berckman
Adios!

Hi Jim:

I have been on Ramva for 13 years although have not be as active
lately. You have been the best when it comes to helping out fellow
Vdubbers with a problem. Sorry to hear that your VW must...
Forum: VW air cooled April 13th 10, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Berckman
Punch Dub?

I saw the ad and thought it was more B.S. from VWoA. I still love the
aircooled VW, but would not purchase a new VW. We bought a new car
for my wife within the last year and went with Nissan. My...
Forum: VW air cooled April 5th 10, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 29
Posted By Bill Berckman
bad times for Jan and Kidd

Hey Jan:

Sorry to hear this news. Hopefully you two can work things out. I
remember back around 1999 when you and Kidd met and fell in love on
Ramva. If my memory serves me like it should, you...
Forum: VW air cooled March 29th 10, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Berckman
The Sounds of Fweem

Have not had a Beetle for a while, but pulled up next to one at a
stoplight the other day. Could tell it was a 73 with the shiny new
peashooter exhaust, large tailights and non shock absorbing...
Forum: VW air cooled March 29th 10, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Berckman
OT. member may need your thoughts

John:

I am sorry to hear about your Dad. My thought and prayers are with
you and your family. I lost my dad in 2003 and my it will be one year
ago tomorrow (March 30th) that my mom passed...
Forum: VW air cooled November 24th 09, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Berckman
Anyone Heard From Ant the Monarch of Menace?

I also wondered how he was doing. Wonder what James the Bezerk is up
to. Wasn't he moving to New Zealand or Australia last time he
posted. Also wonder if Rob from Australia is still driving his...
Forum: VW air cooled January 10th 09, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Berckman
What ever happened to Ant ?

I have not heard from him in a long time. I remember he was also into
Studebakers. Wonder whatever happened to James the Bezerk?

On Jan 8, 9:54*pm, wrote:
> Anyone know what...
Forum: VW air cooled December 31st 08, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Berckman
Think Small

OT but Aircooled and small. I saw in interesting article about a new
3 wheel vehicle that is like a car, but has a 650cc 2 cyl engine
mounted under the seat and will go about 70 mph. That is...
Forum: VW air cooled December 24th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Berckman
God Jul/Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from a snow free but ice on the roads filled day in
Ohio. I stopped by a buddys house last night to share some holiday
cheer, and it was dry when I got there, but icy when I left. ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 98