Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BSAKing
Forum: Technology March 12th 13, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By BSAKing
Brake advice?

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:37:38 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On 3/10/2013 12:56 PM, BSAKing wrote:
>
> > Hi -
>

> > I have a 1976 corvette that I am trying to keep going on a minimalist...
Forum: Corvette March 11th 13, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By BSAKing
Brake advice?

On Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:02:32 PM UTC-4, Dad wrote:
> "BSAKing" > wrote in message

> On Sunday, March 10,...
Forum: Technology March 11th 13, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By BSAKing
Brake advice?

On Monday, March 11, 2013 4:42:05 AM UTC-4, Sanity Clause wrote:
> "BSAKing" wrote:
>

> > I have a 1976 corvette that I am trying to keep going on a minimalist budget.
>

> > ...there...
Forum: Corvette March 11th 13, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By BSAKing
Brake advice?

On Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:31:56 PM UTC-4, Dad wrote:
> "BSAKing" wrote in message

> Hi -
>

> I have a 1976 corvette...
Forum: Technology March 10th 13, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By BSAKing
Brake advice?

Hi -

I have a 1976 corvette that I am trying to keep going on a minimalist budget.
Forum: Corvette March 10th 13, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By BSAKing
Brake advice?

Hi -

I have a 1976 corvette that I am trying to keep going on a minimalist budget.
Forum: Corvette June 2nd 12, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By BSAKing
Fuel gauge 1976 C3

Hi folks - I *think* I remember reading that a poor ground can cause
erratic fuel sensor operation. I cannot find that reference again
though,so I may be mistaken.

In any event, if this is the case,...
Forum: Corvette October 28th 11, 01:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By BSAKing
Revisited: how do I tell which is exhaust and which is the intakevalve with the intake manifold on?

Just a small update - I got it all back together again and it all runs
good and sounds good so far. I'll check the oil carefully when I
change it for the first time. I'm running the breakin additive...
Forum: Technology October 7th 11, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By BSAKing
Transmission not engaging,,,

A fellow from another NG suggested the following possible problem....

> But, there are tangs on the pilot shaft of the converter that has to
> be lined up with the pump in the transmission body...
Forum: Corvette October 6th 11, 08:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By BSAKing
Transmission will not engage after engine rebuild..... help?

On Oct 6, 12:05*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> Dry transmission fill can be as much as 10 Quarts if it was really
> dry, fill a few, let it idle, do some more and let it idle until it
Forum: Corvette October 6th 11, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By BSAKing
Transmission will not engage after engine rebuild..... help?

I recently had to rebuild my 1976 corvette SBC engine since the
camshaft was badly worn on it.

After a few challenges (since I am just a weekend mechanic pushed into
service when I cannot avoid it),...
Forum: Technology October 6th 11, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By BSAKing
Transmission not engaging,,,

I recently had to rebuild my 1976 corvette SBC engine since the
camshaft was badly worn on it.

After a few challenges (since I am just a weekend mechanic pushed into
service when I cannot avoid it),...
Forum: Corvette September 15th 11, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Sep 6, 8:25*pm, "uncle_vito" > wrote:
> Be very careful with those stiffer springs. *Unless you are revving to 6000
> rpm, you do not need them and they can be very hard...
Forum: Technology May 31st 11, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By BSAKing
Engine rebuild/replacement

It's not a daily driver (although I drive it when and where I want - I
just don't need it for daily transportation) and it's just a tinker
toy, so no real pressure. I'm not really a hard driver type...
Forum: Technology May 28th 11, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By BSAKing
Engine rebuild/replacement

In a previous thread I went through the machinations associated with
determining if I had a bad cam or not on my old Vette. It turns out I
have so it needs to be replaced.

With some egging on from...
Forum: Corvette May 26th 11, 10:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By BSAKing
how do I tell which is exhaust and which is the intake valve withthe intake manifold on?

> Just an update - I finally screwed up the courage to look more closely
> at the beast. I pulled the valve covers and intake manifold and put a
> dial indicator on the push rods while hand rotating...
Forum: Technology May 26th 11, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By BSAKing
How to tell intake and exhaust valve with the intake manifold on?

You must mean a Dial Indicator

Exactly! One of dose dere tings. Thanks for the correction! That's
exactly what it was.

I now have the A/C, alternator, distributor, intake, carb etc off and
have to...
Forum: Technology May 25th 11, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By BSAKing
How to tell intake and exhaust valve with the intake manifold on?

Just an update - I finally screwed up the courage to look more closely
at the beast. I pulled the valve covers and intake manifold and put a
micrometer on the push rods while hand rotating the...
Forum: Corvette April 14th 11, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By BSAKing

On Apr 9, 2:43*pm, Bob I > wrote:
> On 4/7/2011 20:24, BSAKing wrote:
>

> > I aplogoze in advance because this is probably a dumb question, but I
> > cannot find the answer to...
Forum: Technology April 13th 11, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 12, 5:15*pm, jim > wrote:
> BSAKing wrote:
>
> > The most I would have any desire or capability to address is some easy
> > component replacement and/or adjustment....
Forum: Technology April 12th 11, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 12, 2:25*pm, "That Tune" > wrote:
> "BSAKing" > wrote in message

> On Apr 9,...
Forum: Technology April 12th 11, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 9, 1:16*pm, "That Tune" > wrote:
> "BSAKing" > wrote in message

Forum: Technology April 9th 11, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By BSAKing
How to tell intake and exhaust valve with the intake manifold on?

Well - I have been reading the updates here.

Where I am now is that I took the most logical route and that was to
stuff some Sea Foam in it. I also cleaned up the ignition to see if it
would cure...
Forum: Technology April 8th 11, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By BSAKing
How to tell intake and exhaust valve with the intake manifold on?

Hi - all this great info has given me food for thought.

When I tightened the other rockers - it was only a smidgen - like
maybe 1/8 turn at most just take a bit of slop out - some I...
Forum: Corvette April 8th 11, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By BSAKing

On Apr 7, 9:24*pm, BSAKing > wrote:
> I aplogoze in advance because this is probably a dumb question, but I
> cannot find the answer to it.
>
> I had a heck of a noise going on in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35