Showing results 1 to 25 of 386
Search took 0.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PJ
Forum: Corvette January 10th 11, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By PJ
C5 headlights -

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:30:44 -0500, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting...
Forum: Corvette November 30th 10, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By PJ
'Stocking stuffer' for Christmas

It's winter and my 'senior brain' is allowing keyless-entry fobs to be
left in garment pockets rather than being hung on the hook in the
kitchen. Now it's, "which coat did I have on when...." Or...
Forum: Corvette October 22nd 10, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By PJ
C5 FOB batt life -- followup

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:00:32 -0700, pete wrote:

> Used to get about a year out of batts. Now down to 9mos. Both FOBs die
> within a week of each other.

2002 with old style fobs. Batts & fobs...
Forum: Corvette June 19th 10, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By PJ
scheduled maintenance

Uncle_vito wrote:
> On my wife's BMW, the dealer says you can go 15,000 on the synthetic oil. I
> change it myself at 7500 miles. About $35. She also only puts about 3500
> miles on the car a...
Forum: Corvette May 30th 10, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By PJ
roof panel liner

Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 02:42 PM, pj wrote:
>> Mousefuzz cloth liner on roof panel is separating from what I think is a
>> foam insulation/soundproofing material. Years ago I had this...
Forum: Corvette May 30th 10, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By PJ
scheduled maintenance

George Csahanin wrote:
> "Charles Kormos" > wrote in message
>> It seems to me the recommended schedule of some items is...
Forum: Corvette May 4th 10, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By PJ
roof panel liner

Tks. We're lucky with both a large fabric store and an upholstery
materials shop close by.

I'm outta here with a couple of twenties in my fist.

pj
Forum: Corvette May 3rd 10, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By PJ
roof panel liner

Mousefuzz cloth liner on roof panel is separating from what I think is a
foam insulation/soundproofing material. Years ago I had this happen in
a Firebird and managed to cement it back in place....
Forum: Corvette April 23rd 10, 02:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By PJ
scheduled maintenance

Charles Kormos wrote:
> It seems to me the recommended schedule of some items is questionable.
> Every three months or 3000 miles for oil seems wasteful.
> Every 5 years for coolant? That seems like...
Forum: Corvette April 23rd 10, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By PJ
Tires

Where is Roger Smith When you Need Him? wrote:
> The Tire Rack can give you the run around real good at times.
>

> "Mark" > wrote in message
Forum: Corvette April 15th 10, 05:32 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By PJ
Why do people buy a 2010 STi instead of a 2004 Corvette ZO6 ora 2006 Base Corvette?

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:11:46 -0400, Yousuf Khan wrote:
>
>> weelliott wrote:
>>> I'm not a prestige kind of guy. I don't care what other people think
>>> about what I...
Forum: Corvette April 7th 10, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By PJ
Variable Valve Timing

Uncle_vito wrote:
> Thanks for your input, Dad as I enjoy reading your posts. Yes, I like to
> bitch at the newer Corvettes. I do not care about hi horsepower per se,
> because it would likely...
Forum: Corvette April 1st 10, 05:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By PJ
Why do people buy a 2010 STi instead of a 2004 Corvette ZO6 ora 2006 Base Corvette?

Crosspost killed ------ Just atwixt us girls.

Obviously Sal has not driven these cars or he'd know.

It has little to do with performance.

The Subaru will have more appeal as a daily driver for...
Forum: Corvette March 23rd 10, 06:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 25
Posted By PJ
How to get that wonderful exhaust sound ??

Where is Roger Smith When you Need Him? wrote:
> Buy a 1967.

Nah.

I just open a Window and within a few minutes I can hear one of my
neighbors drive by with his 'stang. Damn things have...
Forum: Corvette March 3rd 10, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By PJ
anyone ever go backwards

rebco10 wrote:
> I have a nice 00 convertible in the garage. I use it alot in the nice
> weather and keep it clean etc. This is my 4th vette. Others were 76,
> 93, 96, 01 and 00.
>
> My c5 like I...
Forum: Corvette February 21st 10, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By PJ
29 year old , mother of 4 , dies while test driving a SuperChargedVette

Bob I wrote:
> Would it have made any difference if she had died in an SUV instead?
>
> On 2/20/2010 7:39 AM, wrote:
>> On Feb 19, 9:48 am,...
Forum: Corvette February 21st 10, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By PJ
Anyone with a crystal ball ?

Engines: Since the money for the Ultra and V12 projects was killed over
18 months ago < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine >,
are there any "insider" or "outsider" guesses as to...
Forum: Corvette February 12th 10, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By PJ
What is your impression/first hand experience with the 2010Camaro ?

wrote:
> My sister is very keen on a 2010 V-6 Camaro with 304 h.p. , 6 speed
> auto trans. If youve researched the 2010 Camaro, whats your
> opinion ?

Nice, silky, quiet...
Forum: Corvette January 7th 10, 02:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By PJ
Best place to advertise '94 Ragtop for sale?

Ric Seyler wrote:
> I'm trying to sell my '94 6 Speed Ragtop.
> Is there a consensus on the best place to advertise it?
>
> http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/1536689874.html

---> Check...
Forum: Corvette November 29th 09, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By PJ
tires

Bob I wrote:
> Remember, old tires are noisier than new tires. So ask folks what "OLD"
> tires they have been happiest with.
>
> Joe wrote:
>> Bought a 98 vette. Has toyo tires. They seem quite...
Forum: Corvette November 21st 09, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By PJ
Corvette Storage

Bob G. wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good product to keep the mice away? Thanks from
> CT.

My C5 gets parked in a neighbor's feedbarn. We
park the wheels in large plastic pans (upside
down...
Forum: Corvette November 8th 09, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By PJ
If GM goes out of business?

Dad wrote:

> "Clams Canino" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jon" > wrote in message...
Forum: Corvette September 23rd 09, 06:44 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By PJ
HUD question

Dale wrote:
> No. The correct windshield only contains a small area that is slightly
> more reflective where the HUD shows. It makes the reflection a little
> brighter. If has nothing to do with the...
Forum: Corvette September 20th 09, 03:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By PJ
1988 CORVETTE WHEEL LUG TORQUE -- ping DAD

Agree, RTFB -- look in the shop manual and find
out what the designed torque is for the '88
alloy wheel.

Since all this will be an educated guess, talk
with a mechanic with some racing or...
Forum: Corvette September 20th 09, 12:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette