Forum: Technology May 18th 18, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Alternator connector glowing red hot after jumping veh with other battery

AMuzi wrote: "
So I can take out my fusible link then?

-- "

No, wiseguy. Alternators are the most likely
underhood component to go bad in an
automotive electrical system. That's all I
was...
Forum: Technology May 17th 18, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Alternator connector glowing red hot after jumping veh with other battery

Alternators. The weakest link in the vehicular
electrical chain.
Forum: Technology May 11th 18, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Can I replace my 185 tires with 195?

brittney wrote: "I had to have one bad so I let them replace my 185 with a 195 and I'm back the next day my car pulled
horribly to that side and jumped all over the road so I wouldn't try it unless...
Forum: Technology May 11th 18, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Can I replace my 185 tires with 195?

Sanity Clause:

But wouldn't you love to see a six-FOOT wide
tire? LMAO!
Forum: Technology April 12th 18, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
car stumbles going around corners but no MIL

Scott Dorsey wrote: "If it's a Studebaker, check to see there's no junk at the
bottom of the carb.
It fills up, and even a small sway to the side causes the fuel to slosh from
side to side and...
Forum: Technology December 11th 17, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Kumho tires

Just make sure the tires you get are stamped with the prefix 'LT'(light truck) for that van, not 'P'(passenger). I personally know somebody who runs P- tires on his custom 1990 Econoline van, and...
Forum: Technology July 14th 17, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 121
Posted By [email protected]
Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

Ed Pawlowski wrote: - show quoted text -
"Interesting that you mention that. yes, there is always a range. yet
you mention that your tires meet the minimum specifications of the auto
manufacturer...
Forum: Technology June 21st 17, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Need Weight-Split For My Car!

Kevin Bottorff wrote: wrote in news:4951aeeb-048c-41ef-8aaa-

> I'm talking about the Front-Rear percentage
> weight distribution.

"there is...
Forum: Technology June 21st 17, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Need Weight-Split For My Car!

Anyone??

I'm talking about the Front-Rear percentage
weight distribution.
Forum: Technology June 20th 17, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Need Weight-Split For My Car!

I need the weight distribution for my
car but cannot find it ANYWHERE
on line, even at the manufacturers
website.

"60/40" or "55/45" are typical splits
for most front-wheel drives. This is...
Forum: Technology May 13th 17, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Chevy venture rear alignment

Here are *some* specs for the 2001
Ventu...
Forum: Technology May 6th 17, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Road Vehicle Aerodynamics book

Sanity Clause wrote: "I offer NOT to pull your heart out through your eye socket
and nail it to your forehead. "

That paints in my mind a rather
disturbing mental picture! :D
Forum: Technology April 20th 17, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Tire Size

Better straight-line stability, heavier
steering, both of which this twitchy
driver appreciates. ;)
Forum: Driving April 5th 17, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Accounts of fatal crash prove texting while driving is never worth it

"Texas is unusual in that it has no statewide ban on texting while driving. "

Figures. That state is as close as one
get get to pure anarchy among the
15 states.
Forum: Driving March 28th 17, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
left turn signal

I have either bad luck or terrible timing
when it comes to getting a left arrow in
the protected left turn lane! I even sat
through most of a full red cycle(all lanes)
and still got only full...
Forum: Technology January 24th 17, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
who would paint a DMC-12?

A RED De Lorean? No. Just. NO.

I think I saw a red De Lorean rolling
down Pennsylvania Ave...
Forum: Technology January 3rd 17, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall?

Frank Baron:

Not saying the trucker did anything to cause your
flat that night, but: Not all truckers like their jobs.
Many are under pressures not self-imposed, but
by their employers or...
Forum: Technology October 15th 16, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Gearshift Location

Kevin Bottorf wrote: "its chrysler push button on the dash not accross the pond.
KB "

dsi1 should have specified that in his reply. Thanks for
clarifying, KB. Finally spotted it in his...
Forum: Technology October 14th 16, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Gearshift Location

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 6:15:13 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 11:41:32 PM UTC-10, thl.com wrote:
> > A lot of vehicles are migrating their shifters to a position
Forum: Technology October 14th 16, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Gearshift Location

A lot of vehicles are migrating their shifters to a position
between the column and console: right below the
climate and stereo controls on the center stack.
Forum: Technology October 12th 16, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Quietest Tires You have Purchased in thr last Year

isq:

You mentioned the country in your reply: USA.
Forum: Technology October 7th 16, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Tire Aspect Ratios, High-vs-Low Profile, and Straight-line Stability

dsi1:

It was a combination:

The 2011-14 Elantra electric MDPS(motor driven
power steering) system utilized a small rubber/
plastic coupler between the driver and rack sides
of the motor. While...